Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise.... After BA, when?

+5
Moomins
JellyBaby
tigertonix
tinkerbell24
Dayzeee
9 posters

Go down

Exercise.... After BA, when? Empty Exercise.... After BA, when?

Post by Dayzeee 27th February 2014, 8:27 pm

Hi lovelies,

How long does it take after the ba before I will be able to exercise again? Dunno if any one else does it but I'm a TurboFire addict! It's kick boxing/martial art/hiit training and I currently do 5-6 sessions per week. 

Is it one of those things where it depends on the person ? How long was it before you were exercising again? I'm assuming about 4 weeks or am I being unrealistic!? 

Thanks ladies. X
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Exercise.... After BA, when? Empty Re: Exercise.... After BA, when?

Post by tinkerbell24 27th February 2014, 8:48 pm

Ur surgeon will prom.say nothing til 6 weeks

Some do it before then, some can't til 12 weeks

If u do go back earlier than surgeon says and get complications it can.void your aftercare, which I know is important after having complications and needing my aftercare

Really listen to ur body too xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 27th February 2014, 8:49 pm

Hiya, babe!!
You're completely correct.. It definitely depends on the person and how fast they have healed and dropped etc..

However, most girls are advised by their surgeon that they can exercise after 6 weeks. By this time most girls' incisions have healed and their boobs are ready to take some impact from exercise. I was advised at 6 weeks that I could go back to running and the gym etc.. However, I'm now 10 weeks post-op and I still don't feel ready to run. I tried running today actually (in two sports bras haha) and my boobs started to get sharp pains whilst I was running.. So I'm going to leave it a couple more weeks and then try again.
It completely depends on the person and how fast they heal externally and internally. A lot of girls are told they can go back to exercising at 6 weeks but many of these girls feel that they aren't actually ready to.
There has been a lot of girls on here complaining about having sore or achy boobs after doing exercise or going to the gym etc.. So I guess it's all about knowing your own limits and listening to your body!

I highly doubt your surgeon would let you go back to doing TurboFire classes at 4 weeks post-op. I think you'd maybe need to wait a good 8 weeks before you could ease your way back into this type of class.

I did weights before my op and I was hoping I'd be back doing them at 6 weeks post-op but I still haven't picked up a weight for 10 weeks. I don't intend on doing weight until about 6 months post-op as I really don't want to risk anything to my boobs because they're far too precious to me now haha..

It's about listening to your body and knowing when you feel ready to do something! :):)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, babe.

Take care xxxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayzeee 27th February 2014, 9:14 pm

Thank you! Well 4 weeks is over ambitious then definitely lol.  Eeek I can't imagine 6 weeks without turbo it's so much fun and keeps me so fit but hey oh I will have to go without and maybe just go for some nice long walks 4-6 weeks post op (if I get given ok and no complications of course) and get back into turbo as and when I spose. 

I agree the healing of the boobs are more important.

I used to run tigertonix but recently got into turbo and it's taken over... I got upto 10k in about 50 mins, not the fastest girl around but not bad considering when I started I couldn't do 5 mins without dying! X
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JellyBaby 27th February 2014, 9:28 pm

I think most surgeons recommend walking as soon as you're able to, within a few days so you def won't have to wait 4-6 weeks post op for long walks I wouldn't have thought. My surgeon says avoid all impact exercise (jogging and running) for 12 weeks but to start to build up from walks etc as soon as able to xx
JellyBaby
JellyBaby
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 27th February 2014, 9:35 pm

Dayzeee wrote:Thank you! Well 4 weeks is over ambitious then definitely lol.  Eeek I can't imagine 6 weeks without turbo it's so much fun and keeps me so fit but hey oh I will have to go without and maybe just go for some nice long walks 4-6 weeks post op (if I get given ok and no complications of course) and get back into turbo as and when I spose. 

I agree the healing of the boobs are more important.

I used to run tigertonix but recently got into turbo and it's taken over... I got upto 10k in about 50 mins, not the fastest girl around but not bad considering when I started I couldn't do 5 mins without dying! X

I know it's going to be so frustrating when you can't exercise, babe. I'm a big gym freak and it did hurt me not to go to the gym every week haha :( However, I power walk everyday now and most days I walk up to 7 miles! So that definitely keeps me fit and trim and now the no running thing isn't so bad.
This turbo thing sounds very fun, I might have to try it haha!!
Wow 10K in 50 mins is amazing!! I want to try and do the 10K in Blackpool (my hometown) in May. I'd be over the moon if I could do it in 50 mins haha! I'm too scared to start running at the moment though.. I just don't want to harm my boobs in any way haha.

I'm sure you'll find some way of keeping fit in the weeks after your op babe.. Could you do cycling on a stationary bike or walking uphill on a treadmill or something? :) xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayzeee 27th February 2014, 9:51 pm

Thank you girls! Oh now I'm chuffed Bcoz if I can walk I will walk loads! I have a treadmill with incline in my house so I won't go without at all, as long as I can keep my fitness up I'll be really happy :) 

7 miles of walking a day is pretty impressive tigertonix. I trained the 10k using the breast cancer pink training app, it builds you up slowly it's really good. I did the 5k before that. 
Have a look at TurboFire on YouTube! I asked Santa for it for Xmas :) x
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 27th February 2014, 10:07 pm

You will be able to walk, babe.. Maybe power walking 2-3 weeks post-op. I didn't actually leave my house until 2.5 weeks post-op because I felt so drained and I was walking completely hunched for the first 2 weeks. After that I just gradually built up my distance and speed in walking :) I love walking because I don't feel like I'm about to pass out but it certainly gives me a good workout! Aw thanks, honey! To be honest it doesn't even feel like 7 miles because I enjoy doing it :)
Ahh is it a dvd? I thought it was a class haha! My bad!

You sound like you're a fitness monster haha! :) xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayzeee 27th February 2014, 11:10 pm

Yes it's a DVD box set, with different workouts on different days, been doing it for 5 weeks and just love it so much :)

As long as I can walk I'll be fine because I will lol...I am a little fitness monster now I spose....only because I lost 2st 5lb over the last year and refuse to go back there so you can understand my slight sense of panic! Haha x
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 27th February 2014, 11:31 pm

Ahh it sounds amazing, babe!!
Wow, well done you for losing 2 stone 5lbs! You'll keep up your fitness.. When there's a will, there's a way haha! :)
Take care, lovely xxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 28th February 2014, 5:19 pm

Hey Hun
I do kickboxing too & have they same worry! I love training & am fitter now than I ever have been.

My surgeon said 6 weeks & that was with an uplift too.

I'm planning on easing myself back in after 6 weeks & just taking it easy at first - my instructor knows about my op so he is fine for me to go at my own pace when I return.

It is a worry and I'm gonna have to buy a breast shield for sparring!!!! Lol

Xxx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 28th February 2014, 9:12 pm

The general is 6 weeks however at 6 weeks your body isn't ready for any high intensity fitness training! 
You really of need to ease back into it , waking at first, bike, maybe cross trainer with no arms. 
Weights very light and maybe not till 12 weeks.

Honestly girls as a gym bunny myself, it will take a while to fully get back into whatever you were doing at the same level however it will be worth having the rest to recover and once healed and your body allows you'll have amazing boobs and great body! X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Kt402 28th February 2014, 11:15 pm

Another gym/exercise freak here. I was also worried I would pile on weight whilst being more sedentary!

I tried to focus on eating plenty of protein, it helps with the healing as well as helps maintain muscle and supports your metabolism. 

There's no reason why you would gain too much weight in a relatively short period of time unless you are having regular takeaways and chocolate etc! Just reduce your food intake to compensate for reduction in exercise xx
Kt402
Kt402
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayzeee 28th February 2014, 11:42 pm

Hey moomins, isn't it addictive?! I too am really fit right now from this that I am bound to loose some level of it if I stop for a few weeks.

Not worried about gaining weight as I follow high protein low carb etc... But I am worried about loosing fitness, I will have to treadmill it! Then ease back in as I heal.... I will def miss the punches and kicks! X
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayzeee 28th February 2014, 11:43 pm

Ps. I'm pretty sure I won't miss my old boobs though so it will be worth it!  yes X
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 1st March 2014, 2:09 pm

Hi dayzee
Yeah I love kickboxing!!! I'm gonna b pretty upset missing out as I have nice friends there too but like you said my new boobs should make up for this !!! 

I've been putting this off for ages but its now or never!!!! 
Will hopefully get a date in next few weeks!!!

Xxx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 1st March 2014, 11:27 pm

I do Bodypump and went back after a couple of weeks but only to do the lower body stuff and didn't wave my arms around in any sense cos my implants are partially under the pecs , but once I got signed off by my surgeon at 6 weeks I just upped my weights each session so it only took 2 weeks to get back to my preop weights but I'm avoiding snowboarding cos I don't fancy falling on my new boobies at speed ...don't worry , you'll get back into it quickly enough xx
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 1st March 2014, 11:42 pm

Ha ha ha xx
I let myself go after op.. Used to go to the gym every day and since op haven't been even once..
 sad smile  panic  seeing stars
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 883

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down