Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

local anaesthetic?

+3
anneritchley
rrr
pixi81
7 posters

Go down

local anaesthetic?  Empty local anaesthetic?

Post by pixi81 18th November 2014, 8:06 am

Hi girls, has anyone had their BA with local anaesthetic?  There's a clinic near me which offers this and it does appeal to me as it seems less risky. I've only ever had a GA once during an emergency c section and I didn't like how I felt when I woke up. I believe it's a 'twilight sleep' they put you in, so I think very drowsy and you can't recall much. I'd love to hear from anyone who has had this done and what it was like x
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

local anaesthetic?  Empty Re: local anaesthetic?

Post by rrr 18th November 2014, 8:48 am

my doc mentioned it to me and the conversation lasted about half a second...nooooooo way thank you.  Although it's not much different to a C section if you think about it although I've never had one of those either!
rrr
rrr
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 18th November 2014, 8:55 am

Haha yeah it does seem pretty scary, if anyone had a bad time with it I'd probably opt a GA, maybe being totally knocked out is best?! X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 18th November 2014, 1:56 pm

It's down to preference. I just don't like the thought of it. GA all the way for me xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 18th November 2014, 4:56 pm

I just had local anaesthetic with sedation last week. For smart lipo tho not ba. I walked into theatre got anti sickness then that's all I remember. Woke up 2 hours later in recovery very quickly. Not groggy. Great experience
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 18th November 2014, 4:57 pm

I am having this .. Also known as TIVO. The recovery is meant to be so much better as a lot of the ill feeling for a few days is from the GA. I have spoken at length with Mr Hassan my Ps and he assures me I won't feel anything and will not be lucid. You could do some research On here and google as there are lots of positive medical reviews and patient reviews about this procedure.
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 340

Back to top Go down

Post by lesleyi1205 18th November 2014, 7:47 pm

Dont post much but had first BA 19/7/13 under GA. Second BA revision for capsular contracture 8/11/14 under local with sedation. Highy recommend it.
Anaesthetist put canula in for sedation and I dont remember a thing until I came round. Was up and about and ready to go 1.5 hours after coming round. No after effects at all.
Would do it again any time.  :ok:
lesleyi1205
lesleyi1205
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th November 2014, 7:53 pm

Theres actually a few girls that have had that here. Try searching for their stories in the search bar, sedation, twighlight and TIVO are all good key words to use. Its meant to be good, and is used often for the 'lunchtime boobjob', so called because it doesn't take so much time to come round from, so can be used in a day case. I think it has less of a sicky affect on the body too, if you get very nauseous with GA. Discuss it further with your surgeon if its something that interests you.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 18th November 2014, 10:25 pm

Wow excellent there has been all good experience so far. It seems to be getting more popular, I've had a search of the forum after I posted this and there's a lot of info.
The clinic I'm looking at does the op in the clinic itself with local but I'd feel far safer having it in a hospital instead in case anything went wrong. I'm guessing the price will will be different depending on the option. Xx
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 18th November 2014, 10:48 pm

Likely there will be, because its often the difference between a day case and an overnight stay. But saying that, if you are in for a day case, and they're not happy, they wont (well, shouldn't) turf you out or charge you more. They have a duty of care to look after you, even if that means keeping you under observation over night.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by lairyfairie 19th November 2014, 1:38 pm

It's costing me £250 more to have TIVO as they have to pay an anethetist to stay with you the whole time to monitor you. It's a day case but I get the option to stay if I want for no extra cost. I suppose it depends on the package the surgeon or company have with the hospital or clinic.
lairyfairie
lairyfairie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 340

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down