Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Anaesthetic

+5
halo
Victoria2345
Lisa34
Blueeyedsoul13
BetterThanToast
9 posters

Go down

General Anaesthetic Empty General Anaesthetic

Post by BetterThanToast 9th June 2013, 11:30 am

After reading your diaries there seems to be a lot of people that end up being sick after the op! This makes me nervous and I really want to avoid this if possible.

I have been under general anaesthetic twice before and fortunately have not suffered with sickness after. Does this mean that chances are that I'm less likely to be sick this time?

Just wondered if any of you had GA before and were fine or sick?
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

General Anaesthetic Empty Re: General Anaesthetic

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 9th June 2013, 11:38 am

hi hun, i'm still pre BA too and worry about being sick after!

i think if you've been fine previously then there's less to worry about as i think GA affects different people in different ways!

i did ask my surgeon about this though and he said not to worry, the anesthetist would be giving me 2-3 different meds against sickness while i'm still under!

when i meet the anesthetist on the day i will speak to him about this again and just make sure he understands i definitely do NOT want to be sick after the op lol, i think we've got enough to deal with as it is!
so i'm hoping they can just do their utmost if i make them aware.... x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 9th June 2013, 11:38 am

I was terrified of being sick, so I mentioned this to the anaesthetist before my op. he told me not to worry and that he would give me something to stop me being sick before they brought me around from the GA! I didn't feel sick at all, it was a fantastic experience! I had never had a GA before x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 9th June 2013, 11:52 am

If you've had a GA before and never been sick you should be ok. Im like you ive had 2 GA's before and been lucky not to have suffered sickness x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 9th June 2013, 12:13 pm

It also depends on the type of GA used, some will affect pople badly, where as other types will be fine! Talk to the anaesthetist when you meet him hun x he will be able to alleviate any concerns you have x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 9th June 2013, 12:29 pm

i have never been sick before either , but was under a long time with what i had done so i think this was the reason i was so ill, i had anti sickness jab and after it but didnt help me at all, but its still worth it all you want to do is be sleep when you come round anyways, i think for a standard ba you wont be under long and you shouldbe fine xx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th June 2013, 12:40 pm

I was going to tell the anaesthetist about my worries as well, ild hate to be really sick after! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 9th June 2013, 1:12 pm

its not pleasent hun but honestly its not all bad i think you will be okay hun but cant harm to ask him can it, i wonder what the diff types of ga are and what makes them come to the decision of using which one i never been sick before they must have used the diff one with me this time xxx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th June 2013, 1:14 pm

I was terribly ill after one of my ops. Ended up having to spend another night in hospital but I well taken care of and my husband could stay till late. They were supposed to call time at 9 but let hubby stay till 10.30 just to keep me company whilst I felt so poorly. You really will get good care IF you are ill.

I spoke to the anaesthetist about how I'll I was after the last surgery and he told me that anaesthetists have all kinds of tricks up their sleeves to ensure their patients don't get ill and low and behold after waking I felt fab! Whatever he did it was brilliant!

So its VERY worth discussing any fear at all you have with your surgeon and your anaesthetist because they WILL do all they can lovely to ensure you're as comfortable as possible when waking. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 9th June 2013, 1:18 pm

I'm definitely going to call mine tomorrow and discuss this with them, thanks cookie
its something I never would have thought of until I saw this thread! so focused on the procedure in didn't give that a thought xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 9th June 2013, 1:20 pm

Thats good news wish i knew i would have said before hand but nice 1 cookie if i ever have a ga again im asking the aneathesist to give me his tricks lol xxx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 9th June 2013, 4:00 pm

I was really ill after my GA. but i was given an injection and within 20 mins i was fine! No sickness at all :) if u get anti sickness meds before u should be fine hun xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by BetterThanToast 9th June 2013, 7:05 pm

Thanks again ladies! Give You

I'll definitely have a quick chat about it, as it certainly seems worth discussion. I agree though, there will be enough for me to deal with without being sick.

Also I am a day case as I have had a bad experience of being in hospital overnight nope I know it's not the same but I would worry about it so I figured I'd be best coming home as I wouldn't be able to relax anyway.
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 9th June 2013, 9:15 pm

I was A day case too and was so glad! I just wanted home and into my own bed. You will be fine hun :) xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 9th June 2013, 9:17 pm

g how you feeling today boob wise was day 4 better than day 3? xx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down