Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General anaesthetic and ur reaction?

+7
Newby1987
Logansrunner
Lolo85
rachij
rachelw287
Dayzeee
Wee Lou
11 posters

Go down

General anaesthetic and ur reaction? Empty General anaesthetic and ur reaction?

Post by Wee Lou 21st April 2014, 7:00 pm

Hello beauties! well, heres the thing about me. im tiny but have a super fast metabolism. I have to eat every 2-3 hrs or I am soo hungry I can feel unwell and my blood sugar drops. I got diabetes and thyroid checked and was told it was fine however iv a faster metabolism than average. I do eat healthy foods but also junk..
Iv never had surgery but I know a general anaesthetic can be dangerous. Im sure I can cope going though with it, HOWEVER, can you girls give me honest truth of how u felt when u woke up, did any of you have a panick attack or something awful? I know I need to go through all the bad side of things to be prepared. Im scared I get a sugar drop and faint :( And are you all day long without eating or sugary drinks lol??  I can cope with sickness however. hehe
 Drool 
Please share girls! Xx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

General anaesthetic and ur reaction? Empty Re: General anaesthetic and ur reaction?

Post by Dayzeee 21st April 2014, 7:15 pm

Hey there. Personally I am weird and I've had 6 general anaesthetics now and I love them, yes freak... I love the feeling of being put out and waking up feels like ive slept on a fluffy cloud for a hundred years...well that's his I feel about them. Lol.

Hun I have an under active thyroid and need to eat regular because of it due to metabolism otherwise I feel low, my blood sugar is always low. 2 of my children have type one insulin dependant diabetes and they rely on insulin pumps to keep them going, we have learned so much about food and how it is absorbed in the body if I was you Hun I would have a very low GI meal as late as you can the night before, did you know that pizza takes upto 8 hours to digest so will keep your blood sugars topped up til morning and ask to be first on theatre list! X
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

General anaesthetic and ur reaction? Empty Re: General anaesthetic and ur reaction?

Post by rachelw287 21st April 2014, 7:30 pm

Hi, I was fine with it but felt a little sick but I feel sick with a lot of meds so was expecting that. I woke up a little dizzy and really tired. It's not as bad as I expected at all. The one annoying thing was I drank at least 5 jugs of water and went to the loo tons x
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 21st April 2014, 7:37 pm

Hey,

I have had several ga's, the first ones were fine as I had a drip but this last one I was feeling dizzy, sick plus when I got home I had to do everything myself and so on thr first sat a friend took me back to the hospital as I couldn't do much - from that they said I had high blood pressure but when I was discharged it was  normal.
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo85 21st April 2014, 7:52 pm

Hey, don't worry too much about it your anaesthetist is there to look after you.  I've had it twice and was sick both times but it wasn't too bad as I felt quite cosy and relaxed anyway. Both times when I woke up I talked rubbish too, my mum said I was hilarious. Love to do it all again x
Lolo85
Lolo85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Logansrunner 21st April 2014, 7:56 pm

Hi, I was fine when I first came round but when I started to eat my toast I felt really sick. I put it down to being over hungry though as my surgeon was running behind. The nurse gave me an IV anti sickness which sorted me straight out.
Logansrunner
Logansrunner
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Newby1987 21st April 2014, 8:20 pm

Wee Lou wrote:Hello beauties! well, heres the thing about me. im tiny but have a super fast metabolism. I have to eat every 2-3 hrs or I am soo hungry I can feel unwell and my blood sugar drops. I got diabetes and thyroid checked and was told it was fine however iv a faster metabolism than average. I do eat healthy foods but also junk..
Iv never had surgery but I know a general anaesthetic can be dangerous. Im sure I can cope going though with it, HOWEVER, can you girls give me honest truth of how u felt when u woke up, did any of you have a panick attack or something awful? I know I need to go through all the bad side of things to be prepared. Im scared I get a sugar drop and faint :( And are you all day long without eating or sugary drinks lol??  I can cope with sickness however. hehe
 Drool 
Please share girls! Xx

Hey hun,  

I'm a bit like you, low blood sugar etc and it was my first time having a GA, have to say I absolutely loved it!!!

Firstly my anaesthetist was AMAZING (little bit obsessed with him!) and as Lolo said they're they one looking after you during and bringing you round. 

I was fasting from midnight and was at the hospital 7:30am, I was brought down to theatre at around 10/10:30. About an hour before they took me down I was given a pre-med which was 3 diazepam (I think!) to relax me. The anaesthetist had met with me around 8:30am (he decided on the pre-med) he asked me loads of questions and told me that he would give me loads of anti sickness meds and painkillers via the drip all during the op so I'd wake up not feeling sick or in any pain an he was RIGHT! I was living the dream,  yapping away to my Mum and scoffing all the food and drink I could get out of the hospital! 

So yes I loved the whole experience :-) try and be first on the list and ask for anti sickness meds, you'll be fine xxx
Newby1987
Newby1987
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 21st April 2014, 8:31 pm

I can't remember much about my first GA, but my second one.. I starved from midnight the night before until 3.30 the next day and I was OK, just absolutely starving and so thirsty. I wasn't sick after the GA - you're just out of it really for a while. You may be lucky and be first on the list, but be prepared to wait a lot of hours (people with medical problems usually go first) x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 21st April 2014, 10:14 pm

All this advice has helped me soo much, thank you all!! Yes I am seeing my surgeon in a week so I will ask for being first, im going to sit down and write a list of questions this week. My mum is worried for me probs more than I am, so I want the reassurance for us both. I feel being honest with issues is the best way, I always am the type to shrug it off, but I literally do feel ill if I go a while without eating haha, friends think im angry at something when im not at all lol.
Dayzeee that is very interesting, im going to look into low Gi foods. I think a wee pizza the night before would go down a treat! lol!!  Give You
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 22nd April 2014, 1:30 am

Hiya, i would definitely ask to go first on the list as it is a medical condition. 

My experience of ga. It was fine went off to sleep really easy both times, woke up fine.
But my personal side affect is i have problems weeing after and feeling run down for a few days.

I had my ba almost 9 weeks ago and was sterilised 1 week ago. Can't remember anything during etc.

Good luck
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 22nd April 2014, 9:14 am

Ive had alot of GA and I love teh feeling of going under and the sleepy feeling after lol

I however dont do well under a GA and I tend to be hard to wake up but they just keep a really close check on my obs and give me minimal amount of GA

you will be fine honestly xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyM 22nd April 2014, 10:55 am

I didn't mind the GA at all. The feeling of going under was like falling to sleep. Then when I woke I felt as though I had only blinked even though I'd had an operation lol
I didn't feel sick but felt really sleepy and a bit out of it. My problem is having low blood pressure when I come round. I have to stay laying down for a long while otherwise I pass out and feel sick. As long as I don't rush anything I'm fine with it all though x
MissyM
MissyM
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 23rd April 2014, 10:28 am

I will let yous know how I get on with asking to go first and that. Thanks xxx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down