Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adverse reaction to general anaesthetic?

+3
COOKIE
mrsball
Suziet
7 posters

Go down

Adverse reaction to general anaesthetic?  Empty Adverse reaction to general anaesthetic?

Post by Suziet 14th October 2013, 7:47 pm

Just wondering if anyone who has had a BA has had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic? I have only had one GA before when I had a laparoscopy and was very hard to rouse afterwards- my blood pressure was extremely low. For 24 hours afterwards I had nausea and dizzy spells including passing out a couple of times when I stood up. This is something I am bearing I mind with regards to the BA as it does worry me! Any similar stories or advice? Thanks.....
Suziet
Suziet
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Adverse reaction to general anaesthetic?  Empty Re: Adverse reaction to general anaesthetic?

Post by mrsball 14th October 2013, 7:50 pm

I'll just move this to the general section hunny, where you'll get more answers to your question. 

As for a ga we all react differently however the anetheatist will take into account how you reacted before and keep a closer eye on you and maybe give you other meds in with the iv. 

The clinics are very helpful and any concerns you have they take into account xxx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Adverse reaction to general anaesthetic?  Empty Re: Adverse reaction to general anaesthetic?

Post by COOKIE 14th October 2013, 7:52 pm

Yes, I have hun yes  ended up having to spend an additional night in hospital I was so ill.

But don't worry! Just explain to the anaesthetist everything you experienced when you last had a GA. The anaesthetists don't just use one form of GA, they have a few to choose from and when you explain your symptoms they can help so you have a better recovery. On my last couple of surgeries I had to do this too. I was terrified of going through all that again... But I was just fine and felt great after waking.

So just be sure you explain everything that you experienced babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th October 2013, 8:32 pm

I didn't myself face a bad reaction but there are many women who are very unwell with sickness etc afterwards...
If you let your clinic/hospital know that you have a bad reaction they will be able to take extra measures for you xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by CAB321 14th October 2013, 9:46 pm

Hey, I was quite sick after the GA. They gave me an anti sickness injection and then put me on a drip with more anti sickness stuff, which finally did the trick.

As everyone has said, if you warn the anaesthetist on the big day they may be able to give you something in readiness for it, save you suffering!x
CAB321
CAB321
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake1991 15th October 2013, 5:18 pm

I had the same problem when I had a laparoscopy last year.  I passed out when I got up for a wee and was out of it for days.  It took so long to get back to normal. I didn't know there were different types of GA though, so I'll also, make my clinic aware that I react badly. 

Also, I itched all over when I had morphine and codeine makes me nauseous- hoping they'll be able to give me different pain killers too.

Good luck suziet :ok: xx
cupcake1991
cupcake1991
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 124

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 15th October 2013, 5:58 pm

hi hun. i had my first GA in May 2012 for a cyst removal. It should have been a simple day case procedure however like you, i did not do well with the anesthetic. I too had very low blood pressure and it took me nearly 12 hours to come round properly, before then i was drifting in and out of consciousness feeling extremely dizzy and sick. Because of this, the thing i was dreading most about my BA was the GA. However you get a mini consultation with your anesthetist on the day of your BA, i told mine about my previous bad experience and he said "don't worry, i'll give you lots of fluids and anti sickness meds" and the result was fantastic!! I came round straight away, feeling like i'd had a really nice deep sleep. I was so refreshed and alert and within 20 minutes was sat up chit chatting away to the nurses, my OH etc etc. Anesthetists have LOADS of tricks up their sleeves. If you're really worried then ask your clinic to give a message in advance to your anethesist however just giving them a heads up when they come see you an hour or so before your op should be enough and they can then make sure you don't have that bad experience again xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by Suziet 16th October 2013, 9:43 pm

Thanks everyone- especially reassuring to hear your story Nicole! x
Suziet
Suziet
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down