Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Side effects of general anaesthetic

+4
Charlii
tinkerbell24
Mammamia
rhy_fach
8 posters

Go down

Side effects of general anaesthetic Empty Side effects of general anaesthetic

Post by rhy_fach 12th September 2014, 9:13 am

I had my BA on Monday morning and felt fine the rest of the day, apart from feeling a bit light-headed, which I assume was the anaesthetic in my system. Since I got home on Tuesday I have been suffering from bloating, which I understand is pretty normal after GA. My appetite has also reduced since the op, which will hopefully have an impact on my waistline! I also still have the light-headedness, but I now also have a nasty bitter taste in my mouth which has been getting steadily worse over the past 48 hours. And the inside of my mouth tastes all furry. I think I feel thirsty/dehydrated but it could just be the lack of saliva in my mouth. 

More worryingly, my vision has also been affected. I had never had a problem focussing on things close (reading, computer) but now things are blurry and moving my eyes around increases the light-headedness. Things in the distance are ok still.

Since coming home, the only drugs I have taken are paracetamol, no antibiotics. I was given anti-nausea drugs for the op.

Anyone else had these sort of side effects from general anaesthetic?
rhy_fach
rhy_fach
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Side effects of general anaesthetic Empty Re: Side effects of general anaesthetic

Post by Mammamia 12th September 2014, 11:12 am

I work in drug safety for a pharma company and I would always advise consumers to speak to their dr about any suspected side effects, esp the vision symptoms you describe. It's likely the GA is out of your body now and I don't think these are typical side effects of a GA or paracetamol but if it were me I would definitely go and see a dr or nurse to get my bp checked out. I'm sure it's all fine, but I'd still want to be checked and it on record. Make sure you stay hydrated too, it's really important you keep your fluid intake high. The bloating is normal, most painkillers will cause constipation x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Side effects of general anaesthetic Empty Re: Side effects of general anaesthetic

Post by tinkerbell24 12th September 2014, 3:22 pm

hi there have been a few girls on here had the same problems with vision and I was one, can be very scary, I still think that you should call the card that you were given in the wee pack that you got when you left the hospital

Drink lots and lots of fluids too and that will help

I dont do well at all under a GA and I have been asked to look into the sedation for the next op as they really did struggle to wake me last time so much so they had called my husband and asked him to make his way to Manchester for our house, nearly a 5 hour drive away that night instead of waiting til the following morning

hope you feel better real soon xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 12th September 2014, 3:29 pm

The GA leaves your system around 48hrs after. The bloating, reduced appetite sounds normal, but if you are dizzy, light headed, blurry, I would definitely call your clinic and speak to someone. Do you have a temperature/fever/feel fluey at all? If so, definitely get on the phone, as it could be signs of infection.

Hope everything is ok, let us know how you get on.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by rhy_fach 12th September 2014, 6:47 pm

Thanks for your comments.

I don't have a temperature or any flu-like symptoms.

Tinkerbell - thank you for your comments, it's good to know it's not just me. I did actually google it and it seems that it tends to clear up in a week or two, for most people. It isn't really a big problem if I know it'll sort itself out. But I will go to my GP or ring the clinic if it's no better on Monday.

Trying to drink lots of fluids and walking more as I think these will help.
rhy_fach
rhy_fach
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 13th September 2014, 10:12 am

When I've had it before I just felt sleepy and floaty, I really liked having a GA, the sleepiness meant I wasn't restless and got a day of good rest following my op. 
I would say I felt a bit light headed.
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by WOOWOO55 13th September 2014, 5:59 pm

i had my ba on sunday it left me feeling bit dizy light headed like i was floaty like on another planet its a normal thing apparently xx
WOOWOO55
WOOWOO55
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 302

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th September 2014, 10:48 am

how are you feeling today xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2014, 9:19 pm

rhy_fach wrote:But I will go to my GP or ring the clinic if it's no better on Monday.

I'd personally call your clinic rather than your GP if the problem continues Rhy. It's very important that 'your clinic' are accountable should the problem persists. 

If you don't call the clinic and 'request this be written in your notes' then there will never be any evidence you suffered at all should it worsen and you need further treatment. 

ANY concerns any of us have should always be seen by their surgeon, or call their clinic and have these concerns noted. It will always be your notes that are referred to in trying to help the clinic come to decisions if you ever need to claim on aftercare and trust me....if it's not there....it never happened! 

Really hoping you're feeling much better now Rhy xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by greybear312000 15th September 2014, 10:02 am

I am always dizzy for 24-48 hours after GA but then it goes so would definitely get it checked out if it lasts
greybear312000
greybear312000
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by rhy_fach 15th September 2014, 1:27 pm

Sorry for not responding sooner, been a bit busy! None of those symptoms lasted long, all gone by Saturday. Thanks for your concern.
rhy_fach
rhy_fach
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down