Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funding your BA

+6
Charlii
Hellsbells
sharonmcc1979
Cheekymich
jessjameson
Laura0918
10 posters

Go down

Funding your BA Empty Funding your BA

Post by Laura0918 11th May 2014, 7:33 pm

Hi all - I know not everyone will want to talk about finances etc. but I wondered if there is anyone out there who didn't have ANY savings when they got their BA?

I've been researching for a while though haven't saved up because life happens & I've only recently started to think that I'm actually going to go through with it after years of contemplating! I need a lottery win :-(

What are peoples experiences of paying by finance with different clinics? It peoples advice from personal experience if a bank loan is better?
Laura0918
Laura0918
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Funding your BA Empty Re: Funding your BA

Post by Laura0918 11th May 2014, 7:35 pm

Or* not it in last sentence :-) I've just verbally accepted a new job with a pay rise so I'm hoping to be able to start putting some aside but I'm impatient :-(
Laura0918
Laura0918
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jessjameson 11th May 2014, 7:38 pm

Hi I've been looking at loans on compare the market and want to pay about £100 a month for mine
jessjameson
jessjameson
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheekymich 11th May 2014, 7:39 pm

Generally you will get a better deal in the banks compared to the financial terms that the companies offer...I would look round if you are thinking of finance...x
Cheekymich
Cheekymich
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 669

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura0918 11th May 2014, 7:42 pm

Jessjameson have you seen any good deals/interest rates so far? I'd like to pay around that but that'd take quite a while to pay off... I'd ideally like to pay it off quite quickly but just wouldn't be able to afford it. Just need to make the leap I think lol! I just already have a car on finance and hopefully next year will be buying a house, but.... Boobies!!!
Laura0918
Laura0918
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jessjameson 11th May 2014, 8:31 pm

Hi yeah there are some ones that are £94 a month for 5 years borrowing £5000  I can't afford boobs either really so I will have to take out a lone but it will be worth it who cares about cars and houses boobs come first and so do we!
jessjameson
jessjameson
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by sharonmcc1979 11th May 2014, 9:32 pm

I've a loan through  something called peer to peer lending. Totally underrated, not very well heard of yet (checked it all out through Martin Lewis) borrowing 4100 coz I saved my deposit first, paying 86 a month for 5 years. You can pay more a month if u want with no extra fee, there's no early settlement fee and it's only 9% apr. Xx
sharonmcc1979
sharonmcc1979
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 11th May 2014, 9:59 pm

The Money Saving Expert site has a good guide on the best loans available. £3000 at 7.8% APR or £5000 at 5.6% APR is possible, apparently.
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 12th May 2014, 10:16 am

My decision to go through with it was based on the fact that Id applied for a credit card and they gave me enough for it! I put £500 deposit, and the rest on the card. I got 12m free interest on that card, and paid off a lump sum with last years bonus. When the interest free ran out this Feb, I looked for another card with 0% on balance transfers with the lowest fee, moved the balance to that and will have it paid by Dec. I'm paying £100/m, have paid no interest, 3% card fee (applicable most places if you put it on a credit card, around £110) plus £8 balance transfer fees.

Credit card is a good way to go because you are covered for the money if something goes wrong. However, this is all subject to your credit score. Even with the loans, until you apply, you wont know if its available for you.

Everyone here finds different ways to pay for it that's best for them. Some save and save, others pay for it after. Theres no right or wrong way, as long as you can afford it and it doesn't get you in trouble financially.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 14th May 2014, 8:19 pm

Hey, 

I had some savings, but still had to save about £ 500 then put the rest o  a credit card but got anothercard with 0% interest for 25 months so am paying about £100 a momth of it -shoild be finished paying for my boobs in sept 2014. Month before my boobs are a year old !!!!
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura0918 15th May 2014, 12:29 pm

I've started looking at stuff I can sell - I have plenty of stuff I don't use that just collecting dust so I've decided I'm gonna start saving & see how I get on! Plus the new job should help... Probs won't save all, save a decent amount then maybe look at credit cards, I have one but its only interest free until August & I've only for £400ish credit on it at minute haha... Slightly short!
Laura0918
Laura0918
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 16th May 2014, 7:53 am

One of the hospitals that has quoted me has offered the option of an interest free loan from First Medical Loans. It might not suit everybody though, as the term is only six or ten months and there is a £55 arrangement fee.
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 16th May 2014, 9:08 am

Interest free medical loans can be good - as long as you pay them off in full before the interest kicks in, because they can be really high. They are also a little more lax in their credit ratings, which can be dangerous because they will lend money to people who aren't necessarily able to repay. I used this option when I had my eyes lasered, and made sure I had the outstanding balance paid in the 10months free. Often private loans can be better interest rates. Money Saving Expert can direct you in the direction of the best rates for you.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 16th May 2014, 10:01 am

I don't need a loan but I was initially interested as it looked like the interest free option would actually make me money. However, the arrangement fee doesn't make this a worthwhile option.
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by B'sboobs 16th May 2014, 9:32 pm

I paid for my BA with a loan from first medical loans. We had the money saved but decided to leave it invested and pay monthly for 10 months, I have paid no arrangement fee

B x
B'sboobs
B'sboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsbells 16th May 2014, 10:38 pm

That's interesting, maybe it is the hospital that charges arrangement fee. I'll try asking First Medical directly.

Thanks
Hellsbells
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blossom 20th May 2014, 12:13 pm

My BA was £4150, I put down a £2,000 deposit and pay the rest over 24 months at 18% which is the best i could get really with MYA was banks would probably decline me with being a part time youngster living with parents
Blossom
Blossom
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura0918 20th May 2014, 8:07 pm

Does anyone have direct experience of Mya finance? I'm going off memory as I was looking at their website the other day but is it right you can now give 500 deposit and arrange finance for the rest??? % APR anyone???
Laura0918
Laura0918
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 22nd May 2014, 8:19 am

i was going to do Mya Finance at first in January but decided not to go with them , im going with spire will have most of my money saved up by august now. But if i need anymore money im going with first medical loans if you can pay it off within 12months there's no APR.

im sure thtas who mya uses but they charge you APR i think cant remember now it was 5 months ago lol .

could also try a 0% credit card .

xx
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 882

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down