Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PCT FUNDING SCOTLAND???

4 posters

Go down

PCT FUNDING SCOTLAND??? Empty PCT FUNDING SCOTLAND???

Post by xlinziex 13th April 2011, 3:32 am

Hello, i have recently been refered from my GP to a plastic surgeon whilst doing research on BA's on the NHS i have came across the PCT funding side of things but i cant seem to find any information regarding PCT funding in Scotland, i would just like to know if the rules & procedures are different here?

Also any information about the steps after you see your GP like what the surgeon asks...if i have to be refered to a phyciatrist<<<sorry about the spelling lol and how long this will take roughly would be a great help.

Thanks xxx
xlinziex
xlinziex
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

PCT FUNDING SCOTLAND??? Empty Re: PCT FUNDING SCOTLAND???

Post by COOKIE 13th April 2011, 8:13 am

I've no experience of the NHS procedure sweetness but just just wanted say hello and and welcome you to BJSF PCT FUNDING SCOTLAND??? 399357

Hopefully one of the girls who have been through the NHS will along with some help and advice for you soon. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xlinziex 13th April 2011, 2:57 pm

Hello wavey and thanks, i cant believe this little site its really useful hopfully someone can give me some info soonish dance xxx
xlinziex
xlinziex
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th April 2011, 5:33 pm

I'll just give it a bump up for you babe. Someone WILL reply sweetness, we've quite a few lovely ladies here who've used the NHS hun. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by xlinziex 14th April 2011, 10:48 am

Thanks for the help anyway :) appreciated xxx
xlinziex
xlinziex
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 15th April 2011, 7:41 am

Hi there! I have been accepted for a BA on the NHS and I live in Scotland, it's all different up here from what I can make out and we don't need to apply for funding it's all done through the surgeons ect. It's taken me almost 4 years to get approved but I have had 2 babies so it would have probably taken 1-2years instead! At your appointment they will basically ask you how you feel and how it effects your everyday life ect I found the answers easy to answer but hard to say if you know what I mean as I'd never properly spoken about how it made me feel! If they approve you you'll get an appointment with a surgeon who will then make the disision wether your approved or not, hope that helps a bit any questions just ask, good luck! Misty X
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by xlinziex 17th April 2011, 5:04 pm

Hello , okay dokay i thought that because i was serching on the net PCT funding scotland but nothing was coming up atal just lots of results for england. Ive been refered to a plastic surgeon ive not seen a phyciatrist yet and she has not mentioned anything about one either. How long after you were refered by your GP did you see someone? Thanks for the help :) x
xlinziex
xlinziex
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 18th April 2011, 9:43 pm

Oh it took a while maby 6 months, the appointments were always for atleast a few months before I'm afraid that's why it's taken me so long to get to here! Which hospital are you going to? Misty x
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 20th April 2011, 9:56 am

Hiya,
In Scotland we currently dont operat a PCT. However there is talk of us adopting something along the same line (thankfully if it does happen wont be for a very long time).

I took me 5 yrs from start to finish but i had chidlren inbetween. From having my 3rd daughter to getting the surgery it took around 18months. I had to see a surgeon who said yes i met the critia for surgery (they are strict with it) and then i had a very long wait to see a psychologist, she assesed i was fit for surgery mentall y and could deal with any complications but also made sure i was affected enough by my breasts to get the op, its a very fine line. as soon as she said i was fine for it, i was put on the waiting list and it took 15weeks for the first op.

What hospital are you at? I am with St Johns and i honestly cant fault the care i have recieved from them, they really have been great. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by xlinziex 25th April 2011, 6:57 pm

Well it sounds as if i have a bit of a wait then (hopfully not to be turned down) im just at the begining of everything lol but on the brightside 15 weeks after aproaval is rather quick :) what is the surgeons criteria do you know?? i havnt been told an appointment date all my GP said was i will refer you, but im in glasgow so i guess a hospital there. What hospital did yougo to? xx
xlinziex
xlinziex
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 25th April 2011, 8:18 pm

Hi there Sarah and I are both being seen at St.Johns in Livingston! I was told the criteria is very strict now and when the first nurse measured me before I had my psychology appointment she told me that she didn't think I met the criteria as I still had some breast tissue, I guess it's if you have No tissue atall or a very big noticeable difference in sizes eg 2 cup sizes between each breast. I have been approved though so it can go on how it's affecting you I suppose or maby I am just V.lucky... Misty x
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 26th April 2011, 6:51 pm

I know a friend of mine was seen in Glasgow but all hospitals pretty much follow the same critia. I know that the last few months they have really tightened up as i know of a woman with a bigger size difference than me be turned down.

As far as i am aware the critia is no or very little breast tissue for your height/weight or at least 2 cup sizes difference in the breast. They will not correct any sagging or if your have small breasts that fit your frame.

xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down