Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boobie funding advice needed!

+7
Plinkabob
angbabyxx
RoxyChick
Malibu
charls87
ellanwy
emilym20
11 posters

Go down

Boobie funding advice needed! Empty Boobie funding advice needed!

Post by emilym20 16th March 2011, 2:11 pm

Hey lovely ladies

I was wondering if you could share some advice on how you all funded your beautiful assets?! I'm currently applying for NHS funding for very asymmetric breasts but would love to be able to afford to go privately! I am planning on having a little wardrobe clear out but this won't raise much!

Any one have any good ways of raising extra cash?

Any advice would be appreciated, desperately want mine done, dreading summer time and beach trips etc xxxxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Boobie funding advice needed! Empty Re: Boobie funding advice needed!

Post by ellanwy 16th March 2011, 2:57 pm

What do you do for a living?I was lucky in that there was loads of overtime available at work,so I took as many shifts as possible.I also moved in with my boyfriends parents as we're also saving to go travelling,so this saves loads in bills.i saved a deposit of £2000, then have taken the rest out on 0% finance over a year with transform.good luck x x
ellanwy
ellanwy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 16th March 2011, 3:12 pm

I work as an office administrator so no overtime :( however the company relocated last year and I'm spending £40 a week in fuel so looking for a new job to save quite a bit there. I am thinking the 0% is a good option but still would like a decent sized deposit. Xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charls87 16th March 2011, 4:04 pm

Hey,

Last summer I managed to fund my holiday through flogging things on eBay, you'll be suprised what sells!! (an old B*witched CD went for £2.50!!!) Sold Clothes, Shoes, CD's, DVD's, just pretty much gutted my bedroom!! I made about £450 on stuff i wouldnt miss!!

x
charls87
charls87
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 16th March 2011, 4:45 pm

Thats good going Hun! Didn't think of CDs but I've got a box full under my bed, they can go! Thanks! Xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Malibu 16th March 2011, 10:34 pm

Hi Emily!
I saved about £2500 over 7 months...didn't really buy clothes or shoes or fun things for a while (I also make crap money). I did some vintage stalls now and then - this would cover some rent/ bills and let me save more from my pay check.
I've borrowed the rest from my dad. I'm expecting a tax return of about £600, that will go straight to my dad.
I'm also going to have a massive ebay clear out afterwards and give my dad the money from that and then pay the rest off monthly.
I want it all paid back as soon as possible. I hate borrowing money!

I was going to do the 0% finance with transform, but my dad insisted on loaning to me. I'm very lucky.
But when there's a will there's a way!
I'm also having asymmetry corrected, I'm unfortunate in needing an uplift on the larger side which really wacks the cost up. If you're only after implants it will be much easier on the bank balance!
Good luck in saving!
Malibu
Malibu
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 91

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 16th March 2011, 10:52 pm

We managed to get a credit card out, and I just cut back on the Starbucks and other crap I'd buy for a few months. Saved a small fortune!

Also keep a pot for all spare change for your booby fund. You'd be surprised at how the pennies add up!
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by angbabyxx 16th March 2011, 11:25 pm

I'm sure if you put your mind to it hun you could have a good old rummage around and flog anything on EBAY....it's amazing what people buy on there - and at a good price!!!

I paid £1000 deposit cash and put the rest on 0% finance with Transform over the year. I'm sure you'll find a way, we all do, when we REALLY want something...good luck hunnie. x
angbabyxx
angbabyxx
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1108

Back to top Go down

Post by Plinkabob 16th March 2011, 11:28 pm

Try getting them to lower the price of the boobs in the first place! Look for discount vouchers online. Some girls on here have managed to get £500 off! I just asked my PC if there was anyway she could lower the price for me as it was bankrupting myself and 2 of my friends. She got me £250 off. If you just say you can get it cheaper somewhere else they will usually take a bunch off for you I think.
Plinkabob
Plinkabob
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

https://www.facebook.com/plinkabob

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 17th March 2011, 7:09 am

Thank you all, loads of great little tips :) Lots of staying in is required, eBay and when I finally get there lots of haggling! Love this forum :) xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 17th March 2011, 10:33 am

Hey hun,

Well I'm very lucky as my boyfriend is paying for mine for me. yipee , Without him, I wouldn't be able to have them done for years!

But tips for making money: Like you have said ebay is a good idea. Also do some boot sales, I have sold loads of bits & bobs before which 2 me was crap sitting in a cupboard and ended up getting about £150ish each time I went. Also if you have any old phones you can sell them on mazumamobile.com, by boyfriend just sold 2 of his old phones to them and got over £100 for them.
And like Roxychick said, save the pennies. I do this everytime me or my boyfriend have spare change we put it in a pot and every month we empty it and change it into cash for days out with the kids ect, and each time there around £80-£100ish in there. Also cut back on nights out and takeaways and put that money in your pot.

You will get there hun,. Good Luck. xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 17th March 2011, 10:44 am

Gosh!! You lucky lucky lady!!!! And you're only 3 days to go!!!
Yes takeaways soon add up don't they even one a week is pricey! No more indians, tesco takeaway version all the way!
So excited by the stories on here, need to calm myself down really hehe. Thank you! Xxxxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 17th March 2011, 11:09 am

I know, I am very lucky! Yea 3 days, cant wait been wanting this for as long as I can remember so I feel so ready for this now! Still doesn't feel real! On Sat
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 17th March 2011, 11:15 am

Sorry sent message to soon :doh:

I was saying on Saturday I am going to stay in a hotel near the hospital as its nearly a 3 hour journey from where I live, so when I'm making my way there think I will be really nervous & excited. Just want it done now!
Yea whatever you can cut back on do it and save the money. It will be worth it in the end. So when are you hoping to have yours done? And do you have any idea on what size you want to be? It is great to read the stories on here. I have learnt so much from this forum, its great!! xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 17th March 2011, 12:48 pm

Well I need to book in for some consultations, I have applied with nhs as I have asymmetric breasts with over two cups sizes difference, AA and Full B cup. I'm nervous about nhs as firstly it's gonna take forever to know if I can get funding and secondly I might only get one implant, ideally I'd like to go up to a DD as I'm not a small frame so think they'd look just right! Gonna get some prices off private surgeons and I also want to know if I need an uplift on the larger. I'd love to get them done this year but don't think its gonna be possible. Good luck for yours, I hope it all goes well and you're happy with results! :) xxxxxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lisalisa 17th March 2011, 1:18 pm

I stopped buying coffee and use the coffee they provide at work.
I found that half milk half boiled water in the cup and heated in the microwave for 30 secs slightly froths the milk when I put n the coffee and sugar after.

I also bring lunch and left overs as much as possible to work
They all really add up and these things aren't big lifestyle changes either.

lisalisa
lisalisa
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by kittenswithoutmittens 17th March 2011, 10:22 pm

I'm trying to save too!!! And I am ebaying like a fiend. But I do slip up and think hmmmm, new bikinis! I think I would like to do it sooner rather than later (who wouldnt right? haha), well considering there is quite a few months for healing and before they actually look right, I feel like better to get it over with. So I might try for financing. If you think of the interest as adding a few hundred over a year, I think it is reasonable cost to have them done this year! (well fingers crossed)
kittenswithoutmittens
kittenswithoutmittens
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 90

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 17th March 2011, 10:25 pm

My boyfriend paid half of mine and I put the remainder on a 0% credit card for 13 months! I also got £200 knocked off the price and free driver thrown in (but didn't use it in the end). Just haggle and you'll get loads off!
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by emilym20 17th March 2011, 10:46 pm

kittenswithoutmittens wrote:I'm trying to save too!!! And I am ebaying like a fiend. But I do slip up and think hmmmm, new bikinis! I think I would like to do it sooner rather than later (who wouldnt right? haha), well considering there is quite a few months for healing and before they actually look right, I feel like better to get it over with. So I might try for financing. If you think of the interest as adding a few hundred over a year, I think it is reasonable cost to have them done this year! (well fingers crossed)
I want new boobies NOW!!! Yes I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a 0% credit card, then can always transfer balance if it's not paid off by end of 0%, hurmmmmm!! Xxx

Flowergirl I just read your story! Hope you're recovery well! Lucky you getting a boob from the bf!! Defo gonna look into credit card. And haggling is a must, there's always room to lower price. Hope you have a speedy recovery xxx
emilym20
emilym20
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KIRSTY# 18th March 2011, 4:48 pm

Thank you for the good luck wishes emilym20.
Its definitely worth going for a few consultations and see how you feel after that. How long usually is the wait from the NHS? Just see what's best for you. Its hard when you just want it done asap, but you have got the ball rolling now so that's a start. And once you have book, the date will be there before you know it!!
Good Luck. xx
KIRSTY#
KIRSTY#
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down