Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overs and unders

+11
loui1981
Dayzeee
tinkerbell24
Sahara1981
Lolo85
Charlii
rachelw287
Amybobs
MissyM
Joharry1
Wee Lou
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

overs and unders Empty overs and unders

Post by Wee Lou 25th April 2014, 8:18 pm

Ok another curious question for you experienced BA ladies. Im going for my surgeon consultations and was wondering if you can chose yourself if you want overs??
While being on here iv saw overs on girls who are initially small like myself, and I do like that look it gives. I also think if you go for overs the re-op must be easier in 10 yrs surely?

Then theres the partial, what is the difference?

I will tell you the reason I would rather, for me.. I like the round high profiles, and I am also scared of too much pain and the long slow recovery. I know there is pros to both of them and both can look as fantastic.  I want your opinions girls pls.  
I think the fear has been put in me from hearing of a friend of mine who knew a girl who was crying and regretting getting it done (unders it was) and could hardly cope. shrug  xxx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

overs and unders Empty Re: overs and unders

Post by Joharry1 25th April 2014, 8:22 pm

I had overs 19 days ago & so far couldn't be happier x I've been really luck and not had any pain through my recovery, obviously I've had discomfort but that's to be expected x
Joharry1
Joharry1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 25th April 2014, 8:49 pm

wow that is really lucky! did u have a choice? or were you told it would be overs Joharry1? x
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyM 25th April 2014, 8:53 pm

My experience from the consultations I've had is that they recommend you have unders if you have less than a certain measure of breast tissue to cover the implants. I was borderline on my leftie but below the limit on my right so was recommended for unders. Apparently if I have overs there's a possibility you might be able to feel/see the implant.
MissyM
MissyM
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 25th April 2014, 8:56 pm

I will def man up if I need unders lol. im so impatient wish I knew what I was getting and what size x
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Amybobs 25th April 2014, 9:00 pm

I had unders didn't have a choice as didn't have enough breast tissue. 

First 3-4 days I found uncomfortable I had to keep on top of pain killers. Now 8 days on I'm only taking paracetamol in the morning xx
Amybobs
Amybobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyM 25th April 2014, 9:04 pm

When's your consolation? Have you got a few booked in?
MissyM
MissyM
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 197

Back to top Go down

Post by Joharry1 25th April 2014, 9:06 pm

I was advised overs Hun even though I didn't think I'd have enough breast tissue but he worked his magic & I love my boobies xx
Joharry1
Joharry1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 312

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 25th April 2014, 9:10 pm

My first one is Monday and il take it from there.Its been about 3 wks of waiting so finding this site has been a blessing. Amyboobs what size were u after or hoping for? im thinking I want a C cup (im finding it hard to see from the pics the actual sizes) xx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Amybobs 25th April 2014, 9:54 pm

I'm not Sure yet as it's still far too early to be measured correctly but I'm wearing a 32d sports bra. I was a 32a before x
Amybobs
Amybobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 242

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 25th April 2014, 9:54 pm

I had unders,  I'm a bit of a deans queen and I was fine by day 5 x
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 25th April 2014, 9:56 pm

Unders is normally partials, it's very rare to have full Unders. This is normally reserved for reconstruction. 

Placement is often determined by your body rather than choice. It depends on breast tissue and also how thick your skin is, how boney your chest is etc. Your surgeon should recommend. However, if anyone says to you 'I prefer to do this placement' run a mile - they're not thinking about what's best for your body. 

Recovery wise I can only speak to Unders. It was hard work and very achy, and yes, depressing at times, but that's coz of the GA too. There's going to be an element of pain and discomfort regardless. The best thing to do is go see a few different surgeons, and see what the general consensus for your body is.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo85 26th April 2014, 6:58 am

I had unders and was worried about the pain. I was petrified I'd be in too much pain to work etc. I wish I hadn't worried and enjoyed the whole thing more. I was uncomfortable when I woke up and felt a bit stiff. The pain was like gym aches down my sides nothing around my boobs apart from the strange feeling of it being tight and feeling like my boobs were stuck on. By the second day I was fine walking to town, washed my hair over the bath, had a bath, shaved my legs all things I thought I would be in pain trying to do. Everyone's pains different but it's not that bad I felt worse having a sickness bug xx
Lolo85
Lolo85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 26th April 2014, 8:01 am

I had unders (split muscle)  and i didnt have any breast pain at all. I had issues with reactions to ga but no boob pain.

Everyone is different and the surgeon usually decides x
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 26th April 2014, 8:42 am

I had unders,.no choice as I had no tissue was in.
 awful pain for a good 2 weeks then still very sore after that so was on slow release tramadol 

I had a reop a year later and that was amazingly straight forward but I'm looking at another reop to change placement to overs xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayzeee 26th April 2014, 10:44 am

I had sub facial overs 2 weeks ago and can honestly say I've had hardly any pain at all, I just took paracetamol and ibuprofen for 6 days nothing since. X
Dayzeee
Dayzeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 26th April 2014, 5:03 pm

Thank you. it does seem wer all individual in this :) Amyboobs I was asking cos yours look amazing!! (for me) and also Saharas, but this is looking at a picture and im sure D or DD would be too big for me..or maybe im getting greedy hahaha xx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 26th April 2014, 5:21 pm

Don't think about the cup size, it's entirely misleading. If you'd have told me I'd be a dd/e post op I'd have run a mile, but the surgeon reccomended a size, and they suit me perfectly.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Wee Lou 26th April 2014, 5:28 pm

yeah yours look gorgeous huni. your right im going to stop this size thing. Great advice! Girls in my work today (who are naturally large chested) were going on saying what happens If I have kids they get too big, or if I regret it and also they wish they never had theirs..is this all ways to try put me off or something?! cos you know what..aye right nothing will and I have to laugh at girls with big busts saying theyd rather not have them, don't believe it for a minute  Hysterical  This is something I want and no one will out me off xxx
Wee Lou
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 26th April 2014, 6:48 pm

You want what you should have been given naturally but it just hasn't happened.
I am so happy I've had mine done. Even my friends say I seem so much more confident.

It's your life hun do what's right for u x
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 26th April 2014, 6:56 pm

take pictures of the look that you want and dont talk sizes alot of surgeons go with look and gives a rough cup size xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 26th April 2014, 9:16 pm

Don't rule out subfascial also as its kinda an in between. I was too droopy for unders without a lift as well although in a few years when I have mine changed I may look into a lift aswell
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 27th April 2014, 3:03 pm

Hey,

At my first consultation I wss honest and said I go the gym a lot and do pump ( weights) and did also ask him which placement he preferred to do.

As I had told him I do weights he suggested overs but after op he did say to me I had very little skin and would be very stretchedand might see the implant.

If you've seen my avi you wouldn't be able to tell if I had had a ba just from the picture.
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th April 2014, 5:12 pm

You can read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a BAAPS surgeons opinion on the best placement for each woman.

Go with an open mind, listen to the surgeon (they're the expert) and its always best to have at least two opinions also. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 28th April 2014, 9:57 pm

Hi cookie can I ask where u got your bra,  it's gorgeous x
loui1981
loui1981