Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are CUI implants rubbish ?

+13
KayDeeStafford
rachelw287
mrsball
sianyoungx
Jenpops
Princess_x
Charlii
Galeforce1
laurenlola
tinkerbell24
tigertonix
kdeee
Princessgem
17 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Are CUI implants rubbish ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are CUI implants rubbish ?

Post by Jenpops 11th March 2014, 3:49 pm

Apparently transform will recommend cui because they buy in bulk and get them cheaper the more the sell
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 11th March 2014, 3:57 pm

That's what all big companies do I'm afraid. 
I think as long as patient is happy with the information they are given and has done their research - there's nothing wrong with CUIs really. The big difference is one less protective layer- it has 5 instead of 6. They are approved for the use in UK and Europe and have undergone rigorous testing. I'm not here to wave the flag for CUIs just because I had them. I'm not anti-Natrelles or any other brand really. I just chose what was right for me and trusted my surgeon.

Regards companies making claims on their websites/adverts regards their products/services- there is Advertising Standards Authority who would have taken them down for misrepresenting information to customers. I know they are trawling the web like witches. For example my website would get pulled down and I'd get fined if I was to advertise "a cure for cancer" because I don't have the qualifications and proof to say I can cure cancer for example. ASA is pretty hot on things like that  :ok:
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 11th March 2014, 4:23 pm

I def didnt say anything abot them not being FDA approaved the 2 biggies for me was the rupture chance, after having read cookies terrible experiance I wanted an extra layer loool so that that silicone had more to "burst" through and again for the rupture chance of them, and I can feel a fair bit of rupture so id worry now that had I gone CUI I would possibly see it

I do know that one company bulk buys them so thats why they say to get them as they have laods in stock and I know that most other companies/surgeons have to order them in

Well taht was the case with me going private to a surgeon and not a company

bbut yip def go for what you and oyur surgeon think is the best for YOU xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 11th March 2014, 4:49 pm

Thanks very much, Tink!! It's good to know that they'll pay £700 towards the next op if there's any complications :) So are you changing the size or profile when you have a reop? Xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by sianyoungx 11th March 2014, 6:27 pm

Hi Princessgem, I have CUI implants and I also went with Paul Clarke at Transform. I'm nearly a year post op and very happy with my results :) x
sianyoungx
sianyoungx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 349

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 12th March 2014, 8:34 am

Transform get away with all sorts with their clever wording. I suppose it's down to personal preference what you want in an implant.. FDA approval or not, extra layer or not.. etc..
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Galeforce1 12th March 2014, 8:59 am

Don't know why you seem to have such a problem with transform?! I am going with transform but I did not look at what they said about the implant and researched elsewhere but kdee is right x
Galeforce1
Galeforce1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th March 2014, 9:33 am

Transform have unfortunely treated a few people on here very badly and cookie had a terrible experiance with them, so sometimes when people have a bad expericance it really can get them down but then lots of people go with them and its all fine

Yeah tiger im going to go up a few cc and go for HP I think lol def going to go HP not sure about the CC size xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 12th March 2014, 9:41 am

Their aftercare & morals (or lack of). They treated our Cookie dreadfully. Not to mention the thousands of PIP's women, But that's a different matter. Unfortunately, she isn't. It is only the Natrelle that is FDA approved out of Allergan's implants, and the Natrelle 410 (the most recently approved).
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th March 2014, 9:46 am

yeah I must admit what happened to cookie, you can go and read her diary, was awful, the mess they left her in is just not great

What matters though is if you are comfortable with the surgeon and the clinic

I am glad that I went for the surgeon I did as my aftercare has been very imprtant and I needed it and stil need it now xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Galeforce1 12th March 2014, 10:00 am

I will go have a read of cookies diary when my boy gives me 5 minutes! Lol. What's the link to say they aren't FDA approved then as everywhere I have looked has said they are? Who did you go with tink? xx
Galeforce1
Galeforce1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 12th March 2014, 11:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] some info on FDA approved implants.

There's no right or wrong answer I'm afraid with which implant you go for it's a matter of personal choice and what you feel you'll benefit from most.

Transform will push for CUI as they're the implant they buy in bulk.
Larger companies such as transform will not let this on however. 

With larger companies potential patients and making sure they get bookings will Unfourtnatly take priority over a lady who has Unfourtnatly suffered complications. It's not as quick and easy as just rearranging a re op date, the complications covered vary and is put before a board before agreeing on a reop . 

Hopefully you won't suffer any complications however please just be aware that all aftercare has a time limit and runs out, always be saving for your next ba as you never know wether you will need it in 3 years or 13 years. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 12th March 2014, 11:39 am

Hi Gale. Just double checked- CUIs are using approved silicone and are approved to use in UK and Europe and carry CE mark (on my documentation from the manufacturer). CE is European equivalent of FDA. FDA- is American organisation and has only approved Mentor and Natrelles. In comparison USA market uses lots of saline implants, which are rarely used in UK these days.

Just to expand a little more- UK produced Nagor is not FDA approved either but they are considered a very good implant nonetheless and also carry CE mark.

A very informative link here from Aurora:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's everyone's personal decision where they go for surgery-commercial or private clinics. Things can go wrong everywhere- as every surgery has risks. Some of us are sadly unlucky :( Cookie had terrible time with Transform and I think it's criminal how her surgeon treated her. My heart goes out to her. 
But there are lots of women out there who have been to other places and been let down the same way. Just not everyone has been to this forum to share the story.

I personally had not such a great experience with Spire and their lack of communication was a joke to me. I've never had such issue with Transform so far.  I had money to go to private surgeon and I went to see several for consultations. I trusted my gut and went with the surgeon I believed would do the best job for me.

So the bottom line is for all the pre-BA ladies- make sure you do your homework. BA is not like a trip to the hairdressers. It's a HUGE life changing decision and all the pros/cons need to be considered before taking the leap.

Lots of love to you all xxxx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th March 2014, 12:23 pm

I def agree with kdee do your homework etc and go in knowing that there 100% can be complications im living proof of that but if you get the right aftercare and a good surgeon or clinicc if thats the way you go then you should have an wasy time getting the reop that is needed un the aftercare you were given

I am one of the lucky ones who have hd no prblems at all getting thr reop that was needed and possibly another one end of the year xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th March 2014, 12:27 pm

hi sorry Galeforce I went through a surgeon I found on the internet and then went and had a few other consultants with clinics

so my aftercare is with my surgeon, I did have the first ba done in a BMI hospital and the level of care was great so if anyone is thinking having theres through a BMI hospital I can vouch for care xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 12th March 2014, 12:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So as I said, CUI's are not FDA approved. But it's personal choice on whether you use them or not. It doesn't mean they are a 'rubbish' implant, just a budget implant but perfectly safe.

I hope everyone who's gone with Transform doesn't have to use their aftercare, as Mrs Ball says, you are shoved to the bottom of the list x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th March 2014, 12:41 pm

i wanted the natrelle from get go and never really looked into the CUI, I had no idea they were not FDA approved

So learn something new everyday

I must admit Im happy with my aftercare and feel like Im lucky and choose my surgeon wisely xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Galeforce1 12th March 2014, 12:46 pm

After a lot of internet searching came back to say my findings but saw kdee had said it all lol xx
Galeforce1
Galeforce1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 12th March 2014, 12:53 pm

Since the PIP scandal- the providers are much more careful with the implants. 

I must add here that all make and model of implants carry a risk of rupture. None of them are 100% rupture proof sadly. 

For now I'm happy with my 5 layers of protection and will be having regular scans to check for ruptures and have the money aside for a reop when I need it.

In UK we are lucky that we get offered free aftercare for the time we do. In USA (and lots of other countries) there is no such things as free operations for complications xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th March 2014, 1:15 pm

the "free" aftercare doesnt always happen im afraid ive been on here a good while now and seen people not get the aftercare they were told they paid for and or not get the aftercare at all

I also see loads of girls needing to fight for it, so def agree kdee like you say you really need to look into exactly waht you are getting

EVERY implants comes with EVERY complication going, and having had and still going through these complitcations aftercare ahs been the most inportant thing to me xxx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th March 2014, 1:17 pm

also some aftercare only cover the one complication

like a lady on here had a rupture that went into her nodes and the company only sorted out the rupture and not the problems caused by the rupture

I had CC but I also needed the muscles released more and then the breast crease lowered, alot of surgeons and clinics would only have sorted one of the complications out xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessgem 12th March 2014, 7:28 pm

Thanks ladies, the surgeon I saw did say he prefers CUI as they have been around a lot longer and we know more about them etc but I know what you're saying about quality, rippling etc, only thing now is I have saved exact amount I need and to have to save up another £400 whilst still on maternity would probably put the op back a month or two and I realllyyyy can't wait that long !! Haha plus I'm back to work Aug/Sep so want it doing ASAP xx
Princessgem
Princessgem
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 12th March 2014, 7:49 pm

It's difficult isn't it if u really want natrelle could u finance the £400 x
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 12th March 2014, 7:56 pm

Spoke to my surgeon today and yet sillimed/sientra I'm having are FDA approved and are not premium. Could have a look at them. He said the PU are not FDA though xx
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Galeforce1 12th March 2014, 8:09 pm

tink did you have the biocell texturised version? xx
Galeforce1
Galeforce1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next