Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worried about size

+4
misf1
Charlii
Jenpops
Lily26
8 posters

Go down

Worried about size  Empty Worried about size

Post by Lily26 27th January 2014, 8:32 pm

Hi ladies! I know this probably sounds like silly question but I'm worried about the sizers my surgeon is taking into theatre on the big day! 
We had a look at implants and I really really want the 420cc, I would like to end up with roughly an E cup at least ( I'm a 30/32 back so won't look as big as it sounds!) my surgeon has said he's going to take 360cc 390cc and 420cc in and use a sizer to see what he thinks.
I came away happy and my BA is booked but I can't help but keep worrying he's going to put the 360's in and they'll be too small for the look I want. 
I have his email address and MyBreasts contact details so do you think I should email them or am I being silly and should speak to him on the day? I'm just really worried I'll be disappointed with the size. 

Thanks in advance, you ladies are always so supportive and helpful xxxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Worried about size  Empty Re: Worried about size

Post by Jenpops 27th January 2014, 8:37 pm

You should prob go back for another sizing appointment to ensure you are sure at the size you want and that you do get the size you want.. X
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 27th January 2014, 8:38 pm

A sizer is like the implant, but can be filled to different levels, so he'll use it to see what suits your body best. Have you shared pics of how you'd like to look with him? The best thing is to talk through your concerns with him, and explain the shape you're after.

Bear in mind though - You're body may not be able to accommodate the 420. My surgeon took 340 & 375 in with him, and the 375 was just too big to safely fit in my body. Still came away with E cups though!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 27th January 2014, 8:44 pm

Hi hun, I can understand your worries, however your surgeon can only give you what your body will allow for. If he fills the sizer to 420 and he feels they will be too big for your frame and possibly may develop complications then he won't put them in. I would stress to your surgeon that you want as big as he can fit and you don't mind if it's slightly more top heavy as you are worried about the size, let him know via email or on the day. Sometimes to achieve the look we want we may have to undergo more than one BA, some people have to increase the size gradually. Try not to worry though hun, once they're in it's so easy to make them look bigger if they aren't quite big enough. However it is really hard to make them look smaller.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th January 2014, 8:46 pm

If you're overly worried hun then go back and speak with your surgeon.

Many surgeons use sizers during surgery to ensure you're getting an implant that perfectly fits your body.

You have a fear of having the smallest implant right now Lily, but look at this another way - your surgeon has your best interests at heart. The sizers are an 'excellent' way not only to ensure you're getting the 'best' implant to fit your body but also to give you the one that's going to cause you the least complications.

Would you rather your surgeon didn't use sizers babe and just give you the largest implant of the 3 regardless of the fact that it may not be the best for you... Stitch you up and have you back on the table 6 months later with a possible complication?

I'm not saying you won't have the largest implant sweetheart. I'm saying your surgeon is doing their very best for you in using a proven method of achieving a good fit.

I'm sure when you think about it Lily, you're going to want what's 'best' for you and not what's 'biggest' for you with no thought to safety.

If biggest is best however.... Then that's what you'll get, but a 360CC even being the smallest of your choices is not a small implant hun.

As an outsider looking in Lily... Your surgeon is looking after you hun, but as I said, if you're overly worried, do speak with your surgeon, its not worth getting yourself agitated right before surgery when you can talk it over babe and it'll make you feel so much better. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 27th January 2014, 9:02 pm

Maybe having a chat with your surgeon will help put your mind at rest to make sure you have been clear what you would like to achieve, IF your body can accommodate it. 

I had 2 sizing consultations and came away from the 2nd with a different size preference. 

I am a 28/30 band. At my first consultation my preference was 275cc - my surgeons was 325. At my second, I had moved up to 300. Not a huge difference, but quite noticeable! He took 275, 300, 325 and 350 into theatre just to cover all possibilities! (I had skin to fill so needed to have a range of sizes to make sure it was filled properly!) I came out with 325 after the sizer proved this fitted my skin the best. Had I thought I would really end up with that size before surgery I would have been worried it was too big. However, they look perfect and he definitely made the right decision. The key I think is put your faith in your surgeon doing what's right for you. 

Having said that, it won't hurt to reiterate your ideal look just in case they can be achieved. 

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 27th January 2014, 10:13 pm

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment ladies, you've made me feel a lot better!
I definitely have skin to fill he said he doesn't want the implant edge to be visible because my skin is on the thinner side, which is why he's probably going to go partially under the muscle, I think that's his main concern. Like you all said I need to put my trust in my surgeon to give me the best and safest result. I might email him just to remind him that I would definitely prefer the bigger size, if possible and obviously If he can do so safely. I just didn't want to feel like I was pestering him! 
Thanks again you're all so kind and helpful  xxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th January 2014, 10:15 pm

You're paying the man hun - get your money's worth and ask as many questions as you need to help you feel comfortable... He's certainly not doing this for free hun, so you're not pestering at all. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th January 2014, 11:51 pm

When I.had my.sizing consultation with my surgeon he filled the sizer to 380 or 360 (can't remember) and sat the same sized implant next to it to.show me they are EXACTLY the same size

My surgeon wanted 340cc I.wanted 420cc lol.but he said Noooo way would they sit or give me the look.I.wanted so he said he would try 380cc 360cc and 340cc I ended with 360cc MP and.wear or did wear 32e/f before my reop xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 28th January 2014, 12:07 am

Lots of great advice here Lily.
I'm going to see my surgeon again this week for another sizing appointment to be 100% sure. My op date is approaching fast  yahoo 
As others said- you are paying for his expertise and advice so use it to the maximum xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 28th January 2014, 12:55 pm

Thanks for your comments everyone, really appreciate it xxx

I've just sent an email so hopefully will clear up my worries and concerns :) 

I've come to realise what you're all saying, I'm paying thousands for this surgery I shouldn't be worried sending him an email! 

Thanks again for all the support xxxxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 28th January 2014, 3:13 pm

Hey lovelies.. Just had an email back from the woman at James's clinic..she's quite vague which is hard with something like this! 
She said " Don't worry.  All three sizes will be available in theatre for him.  He has ordered a 390cc sizer which is what he uses to find the best size for you so obviously will use the biggest size possible which may well be 420cc." 

I was pleased with this but I don't understand the part where she said he has ordered a 390cc sizer? I thought sizers were able to be filled to all different sizes? 
Sorry if I'm going on and being silly I'm confused haha xxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 28th January 2014, 3:24 pm

I'm not sure but I believe different sizers have varied diameters that are similar to your implant. 
So they wouldn't be able to judge your implant suitability for instance 220cc sizer as it would be much narrower hence the 390cc. 

I'm sure someone who knows better will be along very shortly :)
xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down