Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday

+16
ambzdee94
May4444
Blueeyedsoul13
louise28
Jenpops
Moomins
loui1981
rachelw287
tigertonix
tinkerbell24
mirren001
kdeee
COOKIE
krizzooo1
Charlii
Christie000
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday  - Page 2 Empty Re: Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday

Post by tinkerbell24 28th January 2014, 8:51 am

I've had LOADS of MRI scans andvso has my daughter who is only 3 she's had.an.unbelievable amount of MRI.and xrays for her age

Bless hope ur feeling better today xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday  - Page 2 Empty Re: Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday

Post by louise28 28th January 2014, 9:19 am

there, there Big hug to you Christie and I honestly hope now you've made your decision you can move on from boobies and embrace your life again. I cannot begin to imagine the pain you have suffered from your family losses, brave girl.x
louise28
louise28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 900

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th January 2014, 12:01 pm

I have an auto-immune condition that affects my lungs Christie. It means I have to have an MRI yearly to check for sarcoids on my lungs and the growth on the ones already there. How this goes on I didn't know but its been 5 years now that I've been having them and another scheduled for next year already, so if they were that much of a threat I'm very sure I wouldn't be having them yearly babe. Nor would be the FDA be advising them for women every 3 years. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th January 2014, 12:08 pm

on the internet I feel that you always read the worst out threre and there is more good than bad

When I was pregnant with Ellie and told she might have had edwards syndrome or Pataus syndrome OMG what came up on google was awful but thats the WORSE cases etc then you look into it and its not as bad as web makes out

xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th January 2014, 12:26 pm

I think what you should also take into consideration Christie is that we're a 'support forum' so the women we have here are pre-oppers who like yourself are going through their own fears and working through those with us as well as early post-oppers, who are going through recovery and scared they won't get the look they paid for because the healing process doesn't happen in days, its takes months and this can be a little daunting for many so again, those posts will be from ladies who have their own fears too and then there's the small minority of ladies who do have complications and they too have their own fears....

If I could give you some advise Christie it would be to focus on YOU, afterall this surgery is all about you isn't it.

Think about you and the reasons you opted for this surgery in the first place. Think about continuing life without the boobs you want.... And now think of the life you could have with the boobs you want.

The want that holds the greatest need will give you your own answer Christie.

We all have our own story babe. We've all had or have our own fears, but we all share a want and a need to have this surgery for us to move forward in our own lives and its worked 'for us'

So its so, so important Christie to think about whether it will work 'for you'.

I think you've hit a wall and its turned again as it did a year ago for you into complete panic and your brain running into overdrive and distorting your thoughts and magnifying anything and everything that may be related to having a BA.

But if you simplify this Christie, if you choose a reputable surgeon who you trust and are happy with, this will reduce the risk of complication, if you choose an implant also that reduces again the risk of complication, if you listen and follow your recovery instructions, this again will reduce your risk of complication....

The risks attached to having a BA are very low sweetness, but that's not to say it doesn't happen. But I will tell you, of the minority that have had complications we ALL would do it again in a heartbeat.

Surely that tells you something Christie?

There's so much more to having a BA than having complications.... But which outweighs the other 'for you' is what 'you' need to focus on babes, xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie000 28th January 2014, 12:47 pm

So loverly of you all to answer me, thank you so much for taking the time, it has been really helpful, I have researched so much and really tried to know my stuff so I make an informed decision but I have just hit a wall!!! Will keep you all informed as to what happens next for me, but again thank you so much for your time xxx oh and your all so mega brave xx
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 28th January 2014, 8:55 pm

hi christie, i've read your thread and the replies of the other girls.

i think your last message says it all and then it really doesnt matter what anyone else says about the risks being low or that MRIs are safe. it's about what YOU feel is right for you, and it sounds as though through your research you have come to the decision that the risks outweigh the benefits for 'you'.

as our lovely cookie says, this surgery isn't right for everyone, and maybe at this point in time it's not right for you hun.

i hope you manage to get over your sadness soon enough hun and embrace the good things in your life, of which i am sure there are plenty! 

all the best for you hun xx
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 28th January 2014, 9:15 pm

Google can be very scary,  my daughter was born with torticollis from a bad birth,  and muscle damage leading to muscle wastage.  I Googled the condition and saw it lead to plagiocephaly. I did not sleep for more than ten minutes turning her head and yes her head did end up a slightly flat shape at the back,  it was no where near as bad as all the Google photos I found! I went for consultations and almost booked surgery twice before I went thro with it and in the end I booked it three weeks in advance as  I knew I would chicken out if I had a deadline looming n more time to think about it.  But in the three times I aged 7 years. I spent my twenties with a flat chest and no confidence in an unhappy marriage.  But now I think I'm single,  I have the money,  a good job so it's my money and  I deserve to be happy too.  And if I didn't do it now,  in another seven yrs I'm going to be 40 and would have spent my thirties unhappy about my appearance. It has done wonders for my confidence xxx
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by May4444 28th January 2014, 10:45 pm

Hi Chris, I completely understand your concerns over cancer I lost my mum to breast cancer 7 yrs ago, but losing my mum so young made me realise we only get one shot at this life and i want to be happy with every ounce of it, we can change our body by dieting etc but the one thing I've always hated about myself I could only really change by having a ba, so 8 wks ago I did it, and I'm so glad I did, my concerns over breast cancer are no different now to what they were before op, I'll always have that fear in the back of my head but I'm happy with my body for the first time in my life, we are all scared on the day of op that's normal but these surgeons are amazing people and as long as your happy with yours then put your faith in him/her, talk to them about your concerns even have a chat with ur gp regarding breast screening after ba, sometimes information helps to clarify things for us, I'm sure you will be fine in whatever decision you make that's right for you, but remember you maybe a mother, a wife etc but your also your own person that has needs you are not doing it for vanity your doing so you can finely be happy with yourself and that's extremely important, because when we are happy everything else arnd us always looks and feels better, good luck xx
May4444
May4444
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 29th January 2014, 10:23 am

loui Ellie had severe torticollus and also plagiocephaly she does still have it slightly but with physio it staying at bay

she also has hemihypertrophy and that too is not good googling xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ambzdee94 29th January 2014, 11:46 am

GOOD LUCK FOR TODAY !!
XXX
ambzdee94
ambzdee94
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 882

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie000 29th January 2014, 2:11 pm

Omg you are not going to believe thIs, I have my overnight bag packed, I have my nails taken off and I have spent the whole of today feeling sick with nerves and apprehension, as you know this hasn't or isn't an easy decision for me but I have sat up all night and really hammered it out and thought I'm going to go. ........ So I have just received a phonecall from the hospital to say they haven't got the implants yet, they haven't arrived!!!! 3 hours before I'm due for my bloody op, child care arranged, husband booked time off to look after me. I'm bloody numb, now I feel this is a sign not to do it lol. This boobie journey really is gonna be the death of me ( ok so slight exaggeration ) but at least more grey hair to cover up, with bloody worry from it all. Don't know wether to laugh or cry. Fed up xx hope everybody else is ok and having a better day than me xxxxx least I can have a bloody glass of wine tonight!! Xx
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th January 2014, 2:17 pm

Awwww Christie, I was gonna add you to the good luck thread but was convinced you'd changed your mind. I'm so glad you haven't hun - this is going to be soooo good for you.

I'll set up a thread for you now and good luck! Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie000 29th January 2014, 2:26 pm

Thanks cookie, however I have to wait till the end of February now for another appointment and it's just not as good a date because my hubbie has to go away four weeks after op so I will be alone with young kids for a while, so it's not going to be as well planned out. That's if I don't change my mind ten times over as well. Xx
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 29th January 2014, 2:54 pm

Aw no! So can it not be done today now you've decided to go ahead with it? xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 29th January 2014, 3:52 pm

SO, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you're going ahead with it babe!! Won't be long till the end of Feb so at least you don't have to wait too long  :ok:  xx
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1513

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 29th January 2014, 5:34 pm

That was a great step tho, you showed you really do want it! I'm in exactly the Same boat as you and will be around the same time. We can egg each other on!
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie000 29th January 2014, 6:09 pm

Ok so hubbie has taken me out for tea to try and cheer me up and lift my spirit, and got to admit that two really large glasses of good quality wine and a fab time with the children and I'm not feeling so sad, still feel like I could commit Harry carry to the lady who phoned me to tell me I wasn't haven it done after all the stress but got to admit I'm feeling slightly relieved though but well xxssed off that I have to go through today again, rachelw287 may be wise to avoid my threads, I'm not the most positive person to be around on this site lol when r u due, have they given you a date yet, this is my second attempt and although I was heading there I will be honest, if i changed my mind I would have walked out again, so although the intention was there until I have my new boobies in I will not be 100 % sure I am going through with it lol. What are you having done xx
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 29th January 2014, 7:14 pm

Honey..... I'm sure you'll be just fine! Have a lovely evening with your family tonight!! xx
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1513

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 29th January 2014, 7:59 pm

I find it oddly comforting knowing I'm not the only one! I keep thinking how I have felt all those years on holiday and that's getting me through! 

Going in on 4th April for  300cc teardrop unders. I'm totally petrified of cc and going through it twice. Praying I'm a lucky one. I think it's hard because I am a very rational, methodical and undoubtedly pessimistic person. Being a professional, with no scope for time off for re op is my worry; can imagine that's even worse with kids to worry about. 

I'm determined to not spend my last few years in my twenties like the first 7 though! So will try end get excited and keep researching exactly like you said xx
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenpops 29th January 2014, 9:52 pm

That's so bad! So they didn't have your implants in and now you have to wait weeks again??!?!

Big hugs xx
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 31st January 2014, 10:33 pm

Hey.. I wanted to share this with you.. I'm 6 weeks post op and was soooooooo scared about op.. I wanted bigger boobs but scared about the effects etc... My sister had breast cancer at a young age so I was so distressed about it because of the "what if's".. I got checked, had a monogram before my op.. I don't fall into the age category for having a mammogram but I went for peace of mind.. Because my sister had it, and has now recovered. I fall into the moderate risk category.
No other members of my family have had breast cancer and my sisters type was a kind of one off and NOT hereditary.. I could have decided not to do it based on my sisters experience however I don't think we can live like this.. I wanted bigger breasts and soooo happy I went through with it.. To give you an example of how scared I was, I asked my PS just before I went to theatre if I could cancel.. I went under local with sedation too so was not "put to sleep".. Anyway you have to do what's right for you honey..life too short to have regrets about not doing things... My sister was fully supportive of me going through with it.. She sadly lost her breast ...talk through all of your concerns with PS and the nurse.. We're also all here to help you whatever you decide xxxx
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 382

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie000 2nd February 2014, 8:41 pm

hi wonderwomen1, sorry for my late reply, hubbies starting to get a little cross as i'm forever on this site or researching boobies lol. just wanted to say, wow, your such an amazing and strong character, it must have been a very difficult decision for you to make, but well done you for doing what was right for you. how are you recovering and how did you find the whole experience. im so sorry that your sister had to go through that it must have been a sh** time for her, hope she has recovered well. Thankyou for sharing this with me, everytime I read these posts it gives me a little more confidence. Last year I went for it but it was really not the right time for me and so I cancelled it, (well like you I left just before I was due to go down to theatre).  then this time I was already to go when I got the phone call to say they didn't have the implants, so I have started to think maybe I just give all this up for an easy life lol. anyway thanks again hun hope you and your sister are both doing well.  Give You
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoman1 3rd February 2014, 5:33 am

Hi Chrisite... For me, it was not as bad as I expected.. I always think things seem worse sometimes.. I went in and it was all over in 45 mins.. I got let out of theatre within 3 hours as I had local with sedation.. I was home same evening doing my sons homework with him. For me and I know everyone has different experiences, recovery was very quick.. My surgery was Tuesday and I was driving on Thursday.. I couldn't believe how quickly I was recovering. It's not "painful or agony" it's just uncomfortable... I'm 6 weeks post op now and no pain whatsoever. I'm not happy with size as wish I had gone bigger, I had 340cc in one and 360 in other and I probably measure around a DD cup but tbh u can't really tell.. Anyway for me it was pretty easy and I would not hesitate to go through with it again if need be.. I think sometimes we can "think too much" and talk ourselves out of something due to fear of the unknown however I also think life too short and we should go for what we want.. Don't be too hard on yourself ... Weigh up the pros and cons of why u want this and just go for it.. If I can do it anyone can lol xxxx
Wonderwoman1
Wonderwoman1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 382

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 3rd February 2014, 7:51 am

congratulations on your new Boobies and speedy recovery!
I'm curious What did the ps say to u when u said u wanted to back out?

I'm worried if they leave me waiting around to long I'll run! 
And the walk to the anesthesia room I'll probably sob.

This is so scarey!
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next