Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday

+16
ambzdee94
May4444
Blueeyedsoul13
louise28
Jenpops
Moomins
loui1981
rachelw287
tigertonix
tinkerbell24
mirren001
kdeee
COOKIE
krizzooo1
Charlii
Christie000
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday  Empty Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday

Post by Christie000 27th January 2014, 2:31 pm

Hello, sorry but really do need a little help, please do read and give me your opinion, last year I booked for a BA I found my consultant and I am happy with him, I am happy with my size and type of implant. However when the day came I couldn't do it, and so left without my boobs, the consultant was fab and said take my time and come back when I was ready. So I did and I have rebooked and am due to go on Wednesday but I feel that I am going to wimp out again, I am so scared but I don't think it's of having the op but of the long term effects of having breast implants, I have lost a mum and two grandmas to cancer and I am frightened that my BA could trigger something horrible like that, or after reading the FDA website and all the stuff about needing MRI scans I'm just totally freaked!!!!!!! I desperately want bigger boobs to feel complete as a women but I look at my young children and think what if something happened, how would I tell them that mummy did this to herself for vanity. God I am so totally confused, really wish I could get info from women who have had theirs boobies for a long time and are happy and problem free instead of everything I read being negative!!! Just don't know what to do, I'm in such a mess xxx thank you for taking the time to read this xxx
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 33

Back to top Go down

Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday  Empty Re: Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday

Post by Charlii 27th January 2014, 2:48 pm

Hi Christie

Firstly - take a deep breath, calm down, and know we're all here to help you through this.

Every woman has pre-op jitters, especially the moms. Its a perfectly natural response. The MRI scans are needed every 3yrs just to check for silent ruptures.

Do you feel this is just for vanity? Because mine certainly wasn't. And a lot of the girls here aren't for vanity. More for sanity. Of that feeling of being validated as a woman. Maybe you need to have a good think about exactly why you wanted it in the first place? Weigh up the pros and cons, and see where you come out at. We had a girl recently cancel her BA because she realised she just wasn't ready yet, and that's something to be applauded, recognising its wrong for you. What ever you decide to do, we're here to support you.

Have a read through some of the girls diaries and surgery stories on here. There are so many newly post op and further down the line that are so pleased with their results. It might help you to make that important decision.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday  Empty Re: Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday

Post by krizzooo1 27th January 2014, 3:03 pm

The fact that you had already planned it a while back and are here again.....says to me YOU REALLY WANT THIS.

Think of all the positive things that can come from it, the feeling you will have ..... Life's about living for Now, making the most of it but most of all being Happy.

I am a WORRY head, the biggest, always looking at the negative before there is even one to look at, I am picking holes. But I steeped back and thought of all the positives that COULD arise following my BA.

So far....so good but I am very early post Op.

It is normal to feel how you do. I wish you all the very best with your BA..... I am sure come Wednesday you will be confident in your decision.

sending a hug   Hug 

xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th January 2014, 3:12 pm

Take a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Christie. Its a thread if MANY women all explaining their fears on the run up to their BA. We call them the 'pre-op jitter' here.

And please don't think you're alone in running out on your surgery last minute through fear and then going through this all over again... You're not hun. We've had a few ladies here go through exactly the same and I assure you they were perfectly fine second time around.

When having a BA, the fear is based all upon the unknown. Although you're reading things that you might feel right now are negatives in regard to having this surgery. If its something you really want you'll know that good are bad, all information is positive information and its always best to enter into this surgery with your eyes wide open. So... In doing all the reading you have you're actually educating yourself and you know all there is to to know and have made an informed decision to do this Christie.

As a mother myself, I and every other mother here can totally relate to your feeling if guilt surrounding your children.

But let me tell you Christie.... I don't even know you but I can tell you with having children that you ALWAYS come last. The children, whatever they want.. Whatever they need, they're needs and wants ALWAYS come first.

But sometimes Christie is not wrong for a mother to put herself first. Especially in doing something that will help make her happy and whole.

A happy mother equals happy kids Christie, so is so wrong to make yourself happy right now? To do this thing that right for you?

And your children.... After surgery they'll STILL come first. they'll STILL have all their wants and needs met. That doesn't change.

As a mother who has had complication, well.... To be honest I went into this with my eyes blinkered when I had my first BA. I did no research. I used a commercial clinic and when things did go wrong I had no clue what was going on, what was going to happen and what I should do. I was scared Christie.... But I was scared of what I DIDNT know. I was totally ignorant to the possibility of complication and had I known then what I know now I'd have coped so much better with it, so reading that you are aware of everything is reassuring Christie. With all I went through my kids were still OK. I'm OK. And I'm as happy today as I was seven years ago when I had my first op.

You will be OK Christie and talking will help you so much. I wrote in your intro thread about the February buddies thread, its a great place to talk with women all having had are expecting to have surgery around the same time as you.

And any specific questions or concerns you have Christie, please... Talk to us. Just ask away and we can be here to help you and hold your hand the whole way through this journey.  Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 27th January 2014, 3:21 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Firstly as others have already said- pre op jitters are perfectly normal. I had major panic few weeks back but then was reassured the moment I remembered for how long I have thought about having it done and the reasons I want to have it done. And it's not vanity. 
It's scary going under the knife and any op has complications, however the risks with BA under qualified/experienced surgeons are minimal and there are factors which surgeons cannot control such as silent ruptures. And that's the exact reason it is advised to have a scan every so often to check for them. 

The new generation implants are well researched (at least Allergan ones) and they have done a good cohort study, which I can find a link and post it to you if you wish when I get home from work.

There is no scientific proof (to my knowledge) from reputable sources that there is a link between new generation breast implants and cancer. The women with breast implants are likely to have the same rate of occurrence of breast cancer as women without implants.

You have to consider that implants may need replacing sometime in your lifetime though. My surgeon said if it isn't broke and I'm happy with them- no need to change them but he strongly emphasised the need of having regular checks. 

I hope it helps hun xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 27th January 2014, 3:38 pm

Hi Christie,
You've already been offered lots of advice, so not more I can add to that other than I am Mum to 3 girls and put off having my op for years for all the same worries you are having.
I finally took the plunge and went for it after being totally miserable about my body and can honestly say it's the best thing I have ever done for myself and have no regrets apart from not having done it sooner!
We are all here for you whatever you decide is right for you!  Hug   XXX

Last edited by mirren001 on 27th January 2014, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th January 2014, 3:47 pm

Kdeee wrote:There is no scientific proof (to my knowledge) from reputable sources that there is a link between new generation breast implants and cancer. The women with breast implants are likely to have the same rate of occurrence of breast cancer as women without implants.

There actually is a link to a very rare cancer called anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL). But the links are so rare there have only been 60 cases reported worldwide of 5-10 million women with breast implants.

You're more at risk of going out and getting hit by a bus tomorrow the risk is so low, so I really wouldn't worry about that. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th January 2014, 3:57 pm

bless you!!

I was in the same position as I have 2 girls that were 2 and 7 at my first BA and our youngest needs alot of one on one, at the time she needed physio and after my BA I couldnt do any of it and I felt awful, the same as getting them bathed, dressed, doing their hair etc etc and ALL the other mummy related tasks but you know what before you know it you are back to do all these things thinking, I need another break lol

Also our youngest was in the pram and I still had to be able to get her to the nursery when I went back to work but we managed some how, between taxis and my husband starting late

I was pertrified of the GA as I dont do well when I have it, I take AGES to come round and this time after my repo my surgeon has said too look into twilight sedation incase I need another reop but that scares me even more lol

Unfortuantly I am someone who has needed to have a reop just under a year after my BA for CC, needing the implant and crease lowered and also the muscles disected more, but even though im still on my looooong journey and still have ages to gp yet, im happy that I done it, yeah ok I have some days where I think "why me, why did it not all go straight forward for me" but then I think well why not me, it has to happen to someone

But honestly you are doing something that will make you so much happier in yourself and it is so worth it after you have healed, take the journey as a break from being a mummy and do soemthing for you, you will still be there looking on when they are in the house etc

but keep coming here and talking to us about your fears and we will do our very best to get you through this

but eeeek so exciting that its next week then you can be in our post op boobie gang and then you will see how good it is and be able to offer advice to others who feel as you are

do you have some child care set up and is anyone going with you on the day xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 27th January 2014, 5:38 pm

Hi, babe!
Firstly, I just want to say well done for plucking up the courage to speak your mind and concerns!
It's totally normal to have jitters and many worries! I can't really relate because my excitement totally outweighed my worries.. However, i was a bit concerned about something happening during my op and not waking up but i assure you, babe, that the chances of that happening are so, so slim! Try not to worry, honey, you seem like such a selfless person! You appear to be a very dedicated mum and want to always put your children first. However, you also seem like you really need this BA for yourself and your own self-esteem!
Try and block out your negative thoughts, think about all the positives, and then decide in your heart what you want to do!
My operation was such a success and such a magical day for me!! I would definitely do it all over again tomorrow if i could because it was literally the most exciting, amazing day of my life!!
My healing was fine, also, and my scars look non-existent now! Oh and I've forgot to mention how beautiful i feel now that I have my boobs and my self-esteem has just soared!!
I really hope you do go through with it, babe, because you really seem like such a lovely lady and i feel like you really need this for you!!
Why don't you talk to your surgeon again and ask him to explain the whole procedure, what will happen, the risks, the aftercare, healing time etc... Some reassurance from your surgeon might be just what you need!!
Obviously it's entirely your decision, honey, and i wish you the best of luck in making it!!
Take care, you lovely lady, and good luck for your decision-making and a massive good luck for your operation (if you decide to go through with it)!!

It's a very exciting experience and i wish you all the best if you decide to go through with your op!!
Best wishes, babe xxxxxxxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by rachelw287 27th January 2014, 7:50 pm

You are not alone! I know I have no chn but I am also petrified. The lovely girls on here reminded me to research as best I could and think about why I am getting it done. I'm still so worried about having complications due to the nature if work mostly ( teacher can't take Tim off ). Cookie and tiger said to think why i wanted it in the first place and can say that the feelings of inadequacy and self loathing over my boobs out weigh any fears. 

My mum had here done about 15 years ago and I always loved the fact that she did as at even 11 years old, I could tell how much more confident she had become.

Best wishes xxxxxxx
rachelw287
rachelw287
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 539

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 27th January 2014, 8:05 pm

I'm a worrier probably because of my line of work,  can't say but it's mortality related. I did cry my eyes out one week post op reading that having overs reduces chances of finding cancer early.  my ps didn't mention this pre op and I do worry about it now.  She just told me I would need yo tell them so they could screen me a different way. I understand your worry. If u are worried about it,  I might be completely wrong here but unders don't hide or shadow mammogramsas they are under the muscle x
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th January 2014, 8:28 pm

loui1981 wrote:She just told me I would need yo tell them so they could screen me a different way. I understand your worry. If u are worried about it,  I might be completely wrong here but unders don't hide or shadow mammogramsas they are under the muscle x

Whether you have partials or overs we should ALL tell the radiographer that we have breast implants before screening. Once they know you have implants they can do a new maneuver now called Eklund which X-rays in two directions instead of the usual one so they don't lose any accuracy at all. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 27th January 2014, 8:58 pm

Thanks that's a big relief for me xxxxxxxxxx
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 27th January 2014, 10:20 pm

COOKIE wrote:
Kdeee wrote:There is no scientific proof (to my knowledge) from reputable sources that there is a link between new generation breast implants and cancer. The women with breast implants are likely to have the same rate of occurrence of breast cancer as women without implants.

There actually is a link to a very rare cancer called anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL). But the links are so rare there have only been 60 cases reported worldwide of  5-10 million women with breast implants.

Thanks Cookie- I haven't seen that research but as you say 60 is relatively small number per millions of women out there and not sure whether women without implants still get the same type of cancer.
There's a higher chance that I will die of internal bleeding because I use ibuprofen every so often (and even that chance is rather slim) so I try not to worry too much :) 
xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 27th January 2014, 10:37 pm

Hi Hun
I could of wrote this post myself, I'm getting scared now & I'm booked for next Thursday. 
I only booked the op last Thursday so have only just got used to the fact that it's happening. 
I've been wanting to do this for years but I'm getting  jitters because I'm scared something will go wrong & I'm going to miss things I love like kickboxing etc, & not being fully functional for my kids.
I'm hoping this is normal jitters & that I don't loose it by next week.
I'm trying to think of the beautiful boobies I will have & not the saggy horrible ones I have now!!! Lol
Good luck Hun xxx your not alone & like others have said I suspect everyone feels like this xxxx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Can somebody please help me, my ba is Wednesday  Empty Decided against BA

Post by Christie000 27th January 2014, 10:46 pm

Ladies you have all been amazing but I have spent the whole of tonight reading all the posts on this forum. I feel even more confused when I read how some of the poor girls are feeling, I am numb, I seriously don't think I can go through with this, I am a natural worrier and feel that I will spend my life worrying about every slight change or the effect the implant is having on my body, and if I did end up with cc it would cause me to much anguish, so I think I have decided against having my ba, as much as I want my bigger boobs ( and I really do) I think I just need more research or more positive stories. Gonna have to be a small chested lady and just get on with life and stop wishing for big boobs, I'm so sad writing this as it's my dreams but I have to put it all into perspective and with me losing my mum and both grandmas to cancer I don't want to put myself at any unnecessary risk, life is to short as it is. I hope I have made the right choice, and don't wake in the morning and say I want it lol. Good luck to you all and thank you for replying xx
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 27th January 2014, 10:53 pm

I'm so proud of you for making this big decision!
You are a very selfless and sensible lady and i really admire your decision!
If you feel this isn't for you then it's not meant to be.. And, who knows, in a few years you may feel differently and may choose to go through with it!!
Well done, honey, I hope you're okay!
I feel you have made he right decision as you seem to have a lot of factors in your life persuading you against it.
I wish you all the best!!!

Take care!!! Xxxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie000 27th January 2014, 10:54 pm

Thank you xx just very sad x
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th January 2014, 11:00 pm

This surgery isn't right for everyone Christie and as much as you read you're always going to read that there are risks attached.

The risks are however very small, but... If those risks by far outweigh your want for your new boobs hun, then you're making the right decision.

My heart goes out to you because I can feel the sadness through your posts. But the answers lay only with you and how you feel.

Wishing all the best Christie.  Hug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th January 2014, 11:32 pm

Aw honestly even.though I've had complications I wouldn't change having it!! I can't wait to go bigger  Hysterical 

I feel terrible as I'm.sure some of the negative/upset/having an.off day posts you have read have came from me but I come here to vent and to get amazing support from all my girlie's

Why don't u.go to the hospital have ur pre op talk to the nurses and surgeon again and take it from there xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie000 28th January 2014, 7:28 am

No tinker bell don't worry it wasn't just your posts, there's just so many posts!! Just in a real dilemma, desperately want it but scared of the op, scared of cc scared of effect of MRI scan on body every three years, scared of my own bloody shadow and mix all that with the desperate need for boobs lol I'm such a loser, all the millions of girls who have had it must of looked long term and the risks and still had it ? So why can't i, there can't all be wrong so it must be me , I just worry as I have nobody to talk to, family against it, Hubbie just wants me to be happy, friends have had it but they live very much for today not tomorrow, where I am very health conscious . Aaarrrgggh but anyway your posts didn't upset me, their real posts xxx take care Hun xx
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 28th January 2014, 7:48 am

MRI scans are so many times safer than X-rays. You can have ultrasound scan to check on the ruptures too and people who can't have MRI (due to metal plates in body etc)- CT scan is also an option although more expensive.

Must add that X-rays these days have minimal radiation levels and are much safer than say 30 years ago.

Whichever decision you make hun- you know it's right for you. Good luck xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Christie000 28th January 2014, 8:03 am

Thans kdee I didn't know that, I just thought it was all radiation at the same intensity and I remember them telling my mom that she couldn't have another one because it was to damaging on her body, this was late stages of cancer xx so thanks for that xx
Christie000
Christie000
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenpops 28th January 2014, 8:31 am

Big hugs Christie. Hope you make the right decision for you.  The girls have given you good advice xx
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 28th January 2014, 8:47 am

MRI stands for magnetic resonance imaging. So it uses magnetic waves to create an image, compared to X-rays that send radioactive waves through the body xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next