Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did u tell people about your ba or keep it quiet?

+16
Katiebrad
Gemma134uk
mirren001
Lolo85
ravenxwaves
Lily26
krizzooo1
Soosie73
tinkerbell24
kdeee
Charlii
Misszc
tigertonix
COOKIE
Seashell72
loui1981
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

did u tell people about your ba or keep it quiet?  Empty did u tell people about your ba or keep it quiet?

Post by loui1981 24th January 2014, 6:21 pm

Just wonderin. I only told immediate family and one friend
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

did u tell people about your ba or keep it quiet?  Empty Re: did u tell people about your ba or keep it quiet?

Post by Seashell72 24th January 2014, 6:38 pm

I only told my mum, sister, sister in law and the lady who used the same surgeon that gave me the recommendation. 

To this day none of my friends know and haven't commented either! 

Xxx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

did u tell people about your ba or keep it quiet?  Empty Re: did u tell people about your ba or keep it quiet?

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2014, 6:47 pm

Same as yourself Lou. My parents, sister, my best friend and of course my husband and (teenage) kids as well.

I'm actually sorry I told my parents. They're very stuck in their ways and I knew they wouldn't approve but I kinda felt a sort of need to tell them out of respect. I've since my opinion on that based on my own experience.

Not that I don't respect my parents. I adore them and their opinion matters a lot to me. But my BA was a very experience thing and it was all about 'me'. For just a short while I wasn't the doting daughter, the supportive big sister, the good wife and a mother in a padded cell (I'm joking! Lol) I just me, doing something for me and I felt obliged to include them, but they did everything in their power to try and stop me having my surgery. If we weren't discussing it together, it was over the phone or they were posting horror stories they'd found through the media. It was awful.... But I just took it in my stride. Thanked them for caring about me....and then did it anyway. Lol.

They haven't spoken about it since. Its like it never happened and my boobs are invisible. But that's fine with me. I respect they're not happy discussing it and whilst they haven't disrespected me after my surgery in anyway that's perfectly fine by me.

When I had my re-ops however I went through all of that with only my husbands and kids support. I chose not to tell tell anyone and the only other support network I had, was you guys.

In hindsight I wouldn't have told my parents and sister. Looking at it now through clearer eyes I see that I'm an adult and I don't owe it to my parents to discuss private matters with them that don't have any impact on their life or anybody else's but 'mine'!

This is my personal journal though and for many people they have great supporting parents. But I knew how mine would react before I told them and still went ahead.... That's the one thing I'm sorry about. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 24th January 2014, 6:52 pm

I told my close family and a few close friends. I'm not at all ashamed of my BA so if people ask me about it, or question if I've had one done, I'll proudly tell them! :) I'm not one of those people to go bragging about it but I'm certainly not ashamed and will willingly talk about my BA with anyone who wants to ask :)
I'm not sure if I'll keep it from my future boyfriend(s) or not.. I guess if they ask then i'll tell them :) xxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by Misszc 24th January 2014, 7:05 pm

I told all my work collegues ( due to where i work ) my friends and family. 
Havent kept it a secret as id rather have the questions before my BA. I didnt wanteveryone asking afterwards. Also because im a very open person and not ashamed....not that any of us are ashamed xx
Misszc
Misszc
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 24th January 2014, 7:56 pm

All my friends and family know. Handful of colleagues, but no ones said anything.

Its something that everyone I know has known I've wanted since forever. It was never a secret, so when I told my friends I was going through with it, they were so please for me. Dear mother on the other hand...well, she behaved like a child, showed zero interest or concern, and I've spoken to her twice since (not of my own wanting, but because of my dad). The woman was a brat, and honestly, I don't need that. I did this for me, so if you cant handle that, that's your problem, not mine, and I don't need your negativity.

No one else has been that interested though. My girlfriends had a lot of questions straight after, but not much else. Plus its hard to miss when you go from ironing board flat to HELLO!!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 24th January 2014, 8:13 pm

My boyfriend knows (who told his brother, which means his girlfriend now knows too! A bit peeved as it wasn't his place to say but I worry sometimes what these boys talk about!!)  Shocked 
My mum, dad and brother and his wife know but they live miles away and I get to see them only 2-3 per year anyway.
And my friend and her husband know because she is taking me to the hospital and her husband helps with our dogs while I'm in the hospital. My boyfriend is on a training course, which I knew about before I booked my op 

The rest I will tackle as and when they bring it up but I'm not going to mention it unless anyone points it out ;) Nobody really knows about my fillers either so some things are private
xx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 24th January 2014, 8:36 pm

I wasnt going to tell anyone other than Peter, my mum, his mum and our sisters then one by one I started telling everyone and now if someone talks about it then im the first to say theres nothing wrong with boob jobs and that ive had one and the amount of people taht say, oh I wouldnt put you as one of them people that would have their boobs done!! im like why what type is that!! and that dont know what to say xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Soosie73 24th January 2014, 8:56 pm

I work as a hairdresser so pretty much my entire clientele know , quite a few guessed :)
Soosie73
Soosie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 24th January 2014, 9:06 pm

My husband knew from the early days ......always in whatever together.

I told my parents, my BESTEST 4 friends and that's it.
We've since told my sister in law....and to out utter surprise the other sister in law had it done a year ago. We never even realised LOL.

I am happy to tell those that ask ...if they are bold enough to ask!

xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 24th January 2014, 10:01 pm

I've told my mum, sister, stepdad and mother and sister in laws (to be!) and 2 of my close friends... It's quite a private thing for me because I feel like a few people would gossip about it and I'm not doing it for the approval of anyone else! :) I still need to tell my brother and my dad which I'm a bit worried about because they don't understand and will think its a bad use of money and I look fine how I am, But will need to tell them soon  before i have it done haha xxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2014, 10:03 pm

krizzooo1 wrote:]always in whatever together.

Awwww I LOVE that! What a beautiful thing to say  Heart 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 24th January 2014, 10:37 pm

yes Aaaw thanks Cookie, very true, I am lucky to have such an understanding caring hubby...my best friend  Heart
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenxwaves 25th January 2014, 12:10 am

Only my mother, my sister and my boyfriend know. He was lovely and supportive (albeit after trying very hard to dissuade me!) and my mum was great about it too. My sister got hers done on the NHS probably about out 10 years ago now, and surprisingly she was the one that gave me grief. But none of my friends know and I intend to keep it that way really x
ravenxwaves
ravenxwaves
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 337

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo85 25th January 2014, 9:29 am

I'm hoping to keep it quiet. I'm a teacher at a secondary school so hoping that wearing a blazer of scarf will hide it. Xx
Lolo85
Lolo85
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Misszc 25th January 2014, 9:45 am

It all depends on you as the individual.....just do what you feel is right.
everyone is comfortable with different things.
its your body, you dont have to tell people what your doing. But at the same time why should you feel you have to hide it?! 
Just do what you feel is right xx
Misszc
Misszc
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 285

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 25th January 2014, 10:59 am

I am quite a private person,Hubby knew for obvious reasons, I felt I needed to tell my big sis
just incase anything went wrong under GA ( just me being a worrier and never having had one).
After I told my eldest daughter as I was pretty limited on what I could do & she would have noticed anyway, she was sworn to secrecy as most off her friends are male , I didn't tell the 2 youngest as everyone would have got to know even Bob the school lollipop man...lol ( a sore back sufficed for them).
Post op I also told my Mother in law & sis in law as was just so excited and wanted to show off my new additions! No one else has noticed as I had mega size chicken fillets pre op.XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 25th January 2014, 12:25 pm

Mega chicken fillets  Hysterical  Mirren I had 2 whole birds down my top. Hehehe.....
xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 25th January 2014, 12:43 pm

2 whole birds! Hysterical  Hysterical    I'm not lying when I said mega huge, ordered them from the U.S , should have heard the thud if they dropped on the floor when undressing!...lol
I took great pleasure in cutting them up with scissors after my BA!  dance  XXX

Last edited by mirren001 on 25th January 2014, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemma134uk 25th January 2014, 7:00 pm

iv not had my ba yet but iv only told my sister in law i dont think i will tell any1 else xx
Gemma134uk
Gemma134uk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 352

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebrad 25th January 2014, 7:07 pm

I told my sister mum and partner that was all but now nearly  6 months on and out the sports bras Ive had several "friends" and even a friends boyfriend who I met for the first time on Sat ask "oh are u boobs real" I just reply "not that it's ur business but yes"
As I once read here they are not FAKE but enhanced :)
Xx
Katiebrad
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 594

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 25th January 2014, 11:27 pm

I don't think anybody needs to tell anybody or discuss with anybody anything about their boobs they don't want and I NEVER refer to our boobs as 'fake' because they aren't. They're as real as anyone's, they're augmented, yes.... But fake - NO!

I'm also of the opinion as you said Katie that its no-ones business but mine, but unlike you I don't wish to say yes, if don't wish to disclose that whoever is asking.

I'm not lying in not saying yes, I'm not deceiving anyone, I'm simply making a choice not to disclose something that's very personal to me.

I'm as honest an open as they come...but I'm also very private and I would NEVER dream of discussing my boobs with people pre-op and as I didn't have a personality transplant, just surgery on my boobs, I haven't changed who I am at all, just the size of boobs, so I won't be in the habit of discussing my boobs now. That's just not me.

So for anyone who doesn't want to discuss their BA's with anyone. Don't ever feel you have to. You don't and don't ever let anyone make you feel guilty or deceitful for your choice - you're not.

Your boobs haven't suddenly become public property once an implants in there, they're still your boobs and yours to discuss with whomever YOU want, not whoever wishes to discuss them with you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 26th January 2014, 7:33 am

Lol at chicken fillets I used to wear them after my first child. I was a single working mum,  felt good,  taken my son campin, great time and was pitched next to a group of hot fit blokes.  when I put my tent down I provocatively bent over and.....  A chicken fillet plopped out of my bra and thumped on the floor!
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by kdeee 26th January 2014, 10:55 am

You crack me up Lou  Hysterical 
Reminds me of a rather similar situation minus the tent, which I am trying to forget hahaaa
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sammi* 26th January 2014, 1:10 pm

Privately I told people who asked, I did subliminalish messages on my facebook and I guess some people have probably gathered what the 'op' is about. :P
*Sammi*
*Sammi*
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 235

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next