Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy Lifting

+6
kay
nads
cakey_baby
energy
Mia
amy8882
10 posters

Go down

Heavy Lifting Empty Heavy Lifting

Post by amy8882 6th July 2009, 9:18 pm

Hello Ladies,

Hope you are all well! I have a quick question...I have been told NO heavy lifting by my ps. What would you ladies concider as heavy lifting??? :dunno: I'm not sure and really don't want to do anything to damage them!!

Thank you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Heavy Lifting Empty Re: Heavy Lifting

Post by Mia 6th July 2009, 9:40 pm

Well depends what you are used to lifting, i guess? If anything 'feels' heavy dont lift!! It is to ensure your 'new friends' dont move and enable them to settle into the pockets and allow muscle, tissue and nerves to knit back.

You would ache and feel uncomfortable if you did lift or shift anything too heavy. I am trying to think back to your stage? I think I remember trying to carry two bags of shopping......no go :evil: so carried it from car in three trips i.e. milk potatoes, fruit, tins, etc. not too much though, but it was pulling on my chest muscles.

I had full unders though , maybe make a difference..not sure. And I am used to lifting and shifting heavy loads...bags of sand and the likes...had builders in last year. And they are such a considerate bunch!! Hysterical

Soo easy does it.........look after them extremely well for first six weeks!!
Find a Mr Muscle to lift Cheerleader xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by energy 6th July 2009, 9:54 pm

Hi
I had a 10 month baby when I had mine done. I had childcare for the first two weeks but after that I was the one lifting her in and out of her cot, out of her high chair etc.
She was 20 lbs at the time. I don't think there is a set weight that you can or can't lift. If it pulls, stop. If it doesn't carry on. That's the theory that I used and it worked for me. Depending on what you are lifting there are ways of not using your chest muscles i.e. taking the weight in your arms etc. as previous post said, you will know if it is too much.
Take care
E x
energy
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 6th July 2009, 11:23 pm

I can remember not really lifting much for a good few weeks apart from my handbag! lol i also remember when reaching for things it ached a lot so i think your body will tell you if your doing too much hun.

Try to relax the first few weeks after that you should be ok to get back to normal activities apart from no exercise etc until at least 6 weeks.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 7th July 2009, 10:31 am

If it hurts, dont lift it! That was my rule, just take it easy in the early days hun
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 7th July 2009, 10:34 am

I lifted nothing for first 2 weeks, not a finger haha!

However after that had to go back to work :( I avoided lifting most things but unfortunately there was a couple of things I couldn't, so I dragged them along the floor to start hahaha!

I would be very careful, and listen to your body. After 3 weeks I was lifting most things but nothing really over 10/15kg and it felt fine.

At 7 weeks, I had to carry a really heavy (25/30kg) item approximately 40 meters. Was a bit worried even though had been told at my 6 week check that I could resume all activities, however it felt fine and no aches or pains after x

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 7th July 2009, 10:35 am

I always worried about this as my toddler is VERY chunky and after the initial 11 days I was on my own. I tried to avoid lifting him but had to sometimes. It always pulled but I just took it easy and tried to take his weight with my body rather than my arms/chest.

I panicked so many times that I'd done a damage but there was no other way around it and fingers crossed all seems to be well.

My advice is to take it as easy as possible if you can get away with it...

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by LJK 7th July 2009, 10:50 am

I was a bit worried yesterday, because i had been using the lap top computer, but hubby had gone out for a bit, so i got up and put it on the floor, where it normally 'lives'. Afterwards i thought that was stupid and i should have just put it on the settee next to me. but hopefully i haven't done anything wrong. I did use my knees to bend down.
LJK
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 555

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 7th July 2009, 11:00 am

At first we are terrified of doing anything to jepordise our healing when in actual fact I think we and our implants are much more robust than we think.
I agree listen to your body if it aches stop. I wasnt quite as 'helpful' in work as I usually am at first because we have to push/pull trolleys with pts on but after a month post op I was back to normal.

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by lozzied 7th July 2009, 11:29 am

.x. i agree with everyone on the listen to your body and jusat don't do it if it feels bad kind of approach....i couldn't even lift the kettle at first if it had water in or even put enough pressure on a door handle to make it open!! was totally useless for about a week as everything hurt but got back to normal quite fast...havn't even given lifting things a second thought from about 2weeks onwards, the only time I've actually really been aware of my chest muscles feeling less powerful than usual was the first time I went swimming which was a few days ago....it didn't hurt but could really feel like a tighness and I was aware that something had changed. No pain though, just strange... Just take it at your own pace and do what feels comfortable. xxx
lozzied
lozzied
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by amy8882 7th July 2009, 4:56 pm

Thank you so much everyone!! I was really worried but I feel so so much better now :) I will definitely take your advise, listen to my body and see how much I can take!

This really has helped!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amy8882
amy8882
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down