Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No lifting ........

+7
Cazzyxo
COOKIE
alexandra33
mrsball
NikkiJaneW
2nd time lucky
Doublethetrouble2012
11 posters

Go down

No lifting ........ Empty No lifting ........

Post by Doublethetrouble2012 27th November 2012, 5:19 pm

Hi, how long after having a BA are you not allowed to lift for? i.e kids? xx
Doublethetrouble2012
Doublethetrouble2012
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

No lifting ........ Empty Re: No lifting ........

Post by 2nd time lucky 27th November 2012, 6:25 pm

You are not supposed to lift anything heavy ,ie,children,shopping etc, not even any hoovering or gym for 6 weeks. You can do a lot of damage as you will still be healing inside.xx
2nd time lucky
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneW 27th November 2012, 6:51 pm

How about pushing a buggy....i found that hard today!! Supposed its the same as pushing a hoover???

So many things i need to do as a Mummy to three though! Can't possibly stop everything, just have to be extra careful. Even having trouble with my oven door ATM as its really stiff and i have to yank it open!! How cautious should you really be??

Nikki xxx
NikkiJaneW
NikkiJaneW
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 413

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 27th November 2012, 6:53 pm

At 3days hunny you shouldn't be pushing a buggy!! My god that must have been painful! It's like pushing a Hoover only heavier! And you shouldn't Hoover for 6 weeks!

Just be a little more careful, ask for a bit more help as the less you do and rest and recoupeate the quicker you'll heal. The more you do only pushes your recovery back. Xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 27th November 2012, 6:54 pm

In addition to no lifting, I was also told to keep my elbows "glued" to my sides for at least 3 weeks, to keep from pulling the stitches or stressing the muscle.
Just be careful, it is totally worth it to baby yourself as long as possible to prevent complications!!

xxx

ali
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 27th November 2012, 6:55 pm

I have 3 children also hunny, 9,6 and 10 months, I had a lot of help with the 10 month old, I asked family to watch her whilst I done the school runs or asked them to collect boys for first week till I could drive again. Saved me carrying her or pushing a buggy. It's only for a week or two x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 27th November 2012, 6:55 pm

Like Mrs Ball says, there are many girls on here who have done too much too soon and ended up with mild to severe complications. It's not worth it in the long run sweets :)
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th November 2012, 7:12 pm

NikkiJaneW wrote:How about pushing a buggy....i found that hard today!! Supposed its the same as pushing a hoover???

So many things i need to do as a Mummy to three though! Can't possibly stop everything, just have to be extra careful. Even having trouble with my oven door ATM as its really stiff and i have to yank it open!! How cautious should you really be??

Nikki xxx

Sweetheart you're doing far too much. You've just paid thousands of pounds for your new boobs. Your surgeon has done his part in a successful operation for you but now the healing part is up to you. You have to play your part in this in order for you to get the result you hope for.

In yanking doors and pushing buggies so early in your recovery you are putting yourself at risk! You've only just had major surgery babe and you need to remember that.

I know it must be very hard to have to go through this with 3 little ones but you're going to need to get some help lovely, you really are pushing your luck doing so much so soon.

Sorry if that might frighten you hun but having a BA needs to be taken seriously, this is major surgery and you need help hun, so please do try and arrange that for yourself. If the kids are at school, maybe ask one of the kids friends mum if they can help you out with the school runs. At least for another week.

If you can't get help with cooking, avoid the oven and cook things you can on the hob. Maybe make some nice winter comfort foods, like soups and stews. If you make a big pan full you can freeze some for another day and give yourself a day off from cooking.

There are ways around this to help yourself babe, you just have to work things out to make things easier for yourself hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneW 27th November 2012, 7:17 pm

Oh no!!

Panicking now that iv done some damage!! Iv got quite a high pain threshold so sometimes don't know when to take it easy, was the same with my c-sections.

Worried help

xxx
NikkiJaneW
NikkiJaneW
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th November 2012, 7:18 pm

Don't be worried hun. You'd KNOW if you'd have done damage babe.

Just start a new day and put your healing as priority lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazzyxo 27th November 2012, 7:22 pm

Nikki I feel the same hun..

*glues elbows to sides*
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 979

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 27th November 2012, 7:29 pm

I've been the same nikki, nothing has been hurting apart from incisions in the evening but feel like I can go on as normal through the day and keep having to remind myself I can't...I struggle with doing nothing xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Doublethetrouble2012 27th November 2012, 7:40 pm

6 weeks?! My goodness!! Iv got a 2 year old and 5 1/2 month old
Doublethetrouble2012
Doublethetrouble2012
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doublethetrouble2012 27th November 2012, 7:41 pm

6 weeks?! My goodness!! Iv got a 2 year old and 5 1/2 month old
Doublethetrouble2012
Doublethetrouble2012
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doublethetrouble2012 27th November 2012, 7:43 pm

Why isn't my whole reply posting? Only the first little bit of it
Doublethetrouble2012
Doublethetrouble2012
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th November 2012, 7:48 pm

6 weeks is the recommended guideline, but with kids that's just not feasible hun.

Getting help for the first two weeks would be best for you really and also best for your children too. A week at the very least but two would be better for all involved. Can you imagine holding your baby and something happening to your boob that might cause you to drop and hurt them?

After two weeks the wounds have had a good chance at starting to knit, so very gently bending down and holding the little very close to you to pick up is the best way to go. You just need to be sensible hun and think about your healing when lifting. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneW 27th November 2012, 8:00 pm

Ok, no hoovering...no probs, easy cooking on the hob no probs. Other than tomorrow iv now got some help with the school runs (just read your post out Cookie and now getting more help), will just walk my little one and hold her hand tomorrow, the schools not far at all so no buggy.

Its good to do a bit of activity like a little walk isnt it??

Will try to glue elbows to sides as much as possible! Promise!! (have to do daughters hair in the morning though, the both get visited by the hair monster every night lol)

Thanks for all your advice! Appreciate it Give You

Hope iv done no damage!! fingers crossed

Niks xxxx
NikkiJaneW
NikkiJaneW
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th November 2012, 8:03 pm

It's very beneficial to you to get out and walking babe yes and glad you're getting the help you need now Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 27th November 2012, 9:14 pm

NikkiJaneW wrote:How about pushing a buggy....i found that hard today!! Supposed its the same as pushing a hoover???

Nikki xxx

I'm really struggling with not having a choice but to help round house too I have 3 boys and my oh is exhausted!! I'm now cooking meals again making drinks opening doors I'm worrying bout every move I make the kettle is heavy the baking tray full was heavy the doors are hard to open the washing is heavy to pull out how do we know what's too much it is impossible with kids to do nothing you HAVE to help xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 27th November 2012, 9:20 pm

I did too much at first, now my healing has been delayed, probably because I was chaining up a dog and doing washing etc, did lay off the hoovering though. The nurse seems to think that may be the reason. It's nothing. Major, but my incision in one breast wasn't healed at 5 weeks.
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 27th November 2012, 9:29 pm

I did wonder why you had dressings off and on today it made me think my appointment must be way too eary on Friday it can't be helped they must understand some of us completely run our houses non stop so even a week handed over to somebody else is hard. Gotta be honest though oh must be sick of me grinning in his face saying my jobs harder than it look huh !! Hysterical xx
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th November 2012, 7:57 pm

Scatty do u have a pictrail.

i was worried about lifting to and pushing a pram but i get done sat 15th got someone to do school run there all wk and back except the thurs fri but was hoping i cld walk holding my 2 year olds hand its literally 2 mins away. get my stitches out that fri them me and my husband are off over xmas xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Scatty247 28th November 2012, 8:20 pm

tinkerbell24 wrote:Scatty do u have a pictrail.

i was worried about lifting to and pushing a pram but i get done sat 15th got someone to do school run there all wk and back except the thurs fri but was hoping i cld walk holding my 2 year olds hand its literally 2 mins away. get my stitches out that fri them me and my husband are off over xmas xx

No sorry I'm still newbie so not much point lol I wouldn't know how do one or what to put in it . Not happy with results to be honest they look tiny x x
Scatty247
Scatty247
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 29th November 2012, 10:37 pm

aw no really, maybe when they are settled they will look better for you but im sure they look fab xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down