Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lifting

+4
sarahdawn31
COOKIE
Peachy34
chicksville
8 posters

Go down

Lifting Empty Lifting

Post by chicksville 15th April 2011, 7:47 pm

I know that i have asked this before and many other girls have brought it up. But how long before you can try lifting heavy objects??

Babies??
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Lifting Empty Re: Lifting

Post by Peachy34 15th April 2011, 8:18 pm

I was lifting my baby early on it was unavoidable in after my re-op the 2nd week I just manoevered so I wasn't lifting her straight from the floor. She was a dinky donut so didn't weigh loads, shes 15 months now so I won't be going anywhere near her next week lol.

I didn't really lift anything else thats what my OH was for that hoover was too heavy for weeks lol xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 15th April 2011, 8:20 pm

That "after my re-op" has snuck in there on the 1st line??? it was supposed to say I won't be going anywhere near her after my re-op next week!
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th April 2011, 8:21 pm

Your little boys about 2/3 isn't he as I recall from pics you shared... You'll probably be ably to lift him carefuly into the car or to pop him into bed after about 4 weeks hun, if you're healing well and feel you can.

You'll be told by your surgeon to wait 6 weeks though before lifting, but most ladies here I've found have been OK just to gently lift as I mentioned, not to carry.

I certainly wouldn't be lifting any heavy objects though unless like having a child it's necessary, anything else should wait till 6 weeks post-op. x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 15th April 2011, 9:04 pm

I didnt lift my then 18 mo old (he is a big tank!) at all for the first 2 weeks, then for the next two weeks I would have to a bit, but I would avoid it as much as possible, for isnstance I made him get into the car and car seat himselt, and I didnt put him in the high chair I fed him either sitting at his little play table and chairs or in the stroller. After 4 weeks I was back to lifting him normally for the most part but I would try to avoid carrying him any distance.

It sounds a bit scary going that long avoiding it, I know it freaked me out... however, I found the time to fly and it wasnt that hard and as said before its just a little inconvienance but well worth it!

xx
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by javajunkie001 16th April 2011, 12:47 am

I am only in week five and DYING to lift a box that Direct TV is charging me $350 bucks for till I send it back!!!!! (Equipment) I BEGGED my PS and he said "NO. LIFTING. PERIOD. Till after 6 weeks, then you can do whatever you want." I was told no more than a gallon of milk. But I did push it now and then, heaving a big bag of trash into the dumpster - but only once or twice and only after four weeks had passed. Children would be tough not to lift, but be strict as you can for the first couple weeks about NOT lifting them (you body doesn't know the difference between a child and a heavy box). Ease into it, don't over do it honey.
Kisses! Xxxxxx
javajunkie001
javajunkie001
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 16th April 2011, 1:10 pm

I was about 5 days when i lifted my then 17month old daughter but only once. she was great at climbing in and out of things herself. She is now 2 and i dont really need to lift her anymore which is great as my hubby only has 5 days off for my re-op then am on my own with a 5,3 and 2 yr old and having to do the school/nursery run on my own x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by chicksville 16th April 2011, 8:18 pm

Blimey and i'm just worried about one 2 year old! I read you boob diary, you've had a lot to go though. Your very very brave x plus i like your new avatar sars3dd,is that you?

Am really just looking for tips and info on how you all got through the first few weeks with children and babies.
chicksville
chicksville
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1694

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrie 17th April 2011, 7:01 pm

My youngest was 20months and I didn't do any lifting at all for the 1st week as my hubby was off work. In week 2 my dad helped me with lifting him out of cot, into car, high chair etc. In the 2nd week I was holding little one's hand and he tried to get away from me - instinctively I pulled him back and wow did I feel it sick It's times like that when I realised that although I felt ok, my body still had some way to go. As I think someone else said, hoovering is the hardest thing and best avoided for as long as possible!!
Carrie
Carrie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 343

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 17th April 2011, 8:52 pm

Eeek! I remember lifting my then 2 year old into the bath when I was about 4 days... I really felt it. At about 3 weeks I've been lifting her up, and she's a little fattie, and this week I've been able to lift her as normal.
I wasn't told to not lift anything for a period of time, or if I was I can't remember it. I just presumed that once I was back at work I'd be ok enough to be lifting.
Just a word of warning though, I was about 3 weeks PO and washing a lady at work who'd had an epidural and couldn't move and I pulled the sheet underneath her to change it, and I felt something pop inside my right boob. My nurse said it was an internal stitch, so it's proof that these warnings are right. I'm ok, by the way, but just to be careful.
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down