Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight lifting

5 posters

Go down

Weight lifting Empty Weight lifting

Post by Doughty 30th November 2013, 12:15 pm

Hi girls, I do like to lift weights as the main part of my exercise programme. Obviously post op I need to lay of ESP chest for some time but do u know if I'm having unders I shd stop lifting pre op.....I'm worried by training my chest muscles il make them too tight for surgery?!
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Weight lifting Empty Re: Weight lifting

Post by tinkerbell24 30th November 2013, 12:17 pm

hmmm not sure but what you are saying makes sense

cookie might have an answer when she comes on xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 30th November 2013, 1:02 pm

Have you told the surgeon you like to lift weights? Because often if your very active in this way surgeons won't want to do unders because you risk muscle distortion so it's really important you tell them about your lifestyle. It's easy to say don't lift the weights anymore but if you love this then your surgeon should say overs normally xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 30th November 2013, 1:06 pm

I like to do lots of cardio.. When will I be allowed to do all the exercise? And after BA, are we not allowed to do some exercises? I am not doing weight training ever again after my back injury doing squads with weights xx
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 883

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 30th November 2013, 1:29 pm

I did say I do weights and he didn't say anything to b honest. I can only hv overs as I'm so boney and hv nothing to hide the implant under. Really didn't know that about unders!
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 30th November 2013, 1:31 pm

Yes, I could also only have unders cos donot have much tissue on my chest x
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 30th November 2013, 2:16 pm

That's ok then if your having overs!
It's normally 6 weeks until you'd allowed back at the gym but you will need to take things slow getting back into things ...
Blondie your be ok to exercise again but just not heavy weight lifting again with unders but you said your not going to do that anyway :)
XX
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 30th November 2013, 2:21 pm

Oh good. What if I have a baby in the future? Can I lift and carry my baby around? We want I start trying with my OH in 2 years xx
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 30th November 2013, 2:28 pm

Sorry I meant can only hv unders! Iv got more time to discuss, good to hv this forum tho as think sometimes things could get overlooked otherwise :) I think I'd b too scared to lift too much for q so,e time....exercise is always adaptable x
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 30th November 2013, 2:46 pm

Blondie i havnt children yet either but depending on how big they are you won't be able to pick them up for a while (the other ladies will be able to help more with this subject) but they may be at an age where you won't need to pick them up if you have ten years or so with your implants :)

Doughty- again when the other ladies see this they will be able to help out too but like you say, talk about this to your surgeon again because if unders are the only option, you may be given advice so that you don't risk muscle distortion xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 30th November 2013, 2:49 pm

Yeah i was lifting ellie but thats not like weight lifting xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 30th November 2013, 3:01 pm

No, I don't have kids yet but panning on having one in 2 years ;)
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th November 2013, 6:06 pm

Have you spoken to other weight lifters who have implants doughty?

Even those with very little coverage tend to be advised to have their implants 'over the muscle' hun. This is because of the tightness of your chest muscle and the high risk of you suffering muscle distortion if you do go under the muscle?

I'd personally go back and speak about this further with your surgeon babe and ask about the risk of muscle distortion. Explain in detail the level of weights you're lifting and if they still say that partials will be your best option, then ask to add in your notes that if you do suffer muscle distortion after surgery then they're going to be happy to change placement for you babe.

Who is your surgeon Doughty? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 30th November 2013, 6:34 pm

So from reading what you say I'm thinking that as iv already been lifting weights iv prob limited myself to overs. How about if I do no weights from now til surgery, say a month or so. I'm not talking big time training, prob only concentrating on chest once a week and its been a build up over 3 months to around 20kg max. It's venkat ramakrishan, he does a lot of reconstruction work so I'm thinking he would def b the one two know if this poses a problem. In my next consultation I shall put forward more questions. X
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 30th November 2013, 8:31 pm

Of course... You have a great surgeon he would indeed know what's best 'for you'

But to just to check, it really is best to do schuss in depth the training you have been doing and intend to do after surgery. Forget quitting for a bit sweetness, its what you intend to do overall that matters. Its matter not if you quite for a while because once you get back to you'll strengthen the muscle again and your surgeon will know after 'all' the information regarding your lifestyle which is best for you Doughty. You do have a very experience surgeon babe, but it is important he knows everything before making any final decision as you didn't really get into it on your first consultation :ok:  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down