Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heavy lifting after your op...?

+2
rachemsi
Dolly6410
6 posters

Go down

heavy lifting after your op...? Empty heavy lifting after your op...?

Post by Dolly6410 28th July 2011, 3:08 pm

so i know its 6 weeks and then you can go back to normal (but being careful) but how long was it after your op until you started heavy lifting? say something the weight of a massage couch? just curious heavy lifting after your op...? 375568
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 326

Back to top Go down

heavy lifting after your op...? Empty Re: heavy lifting after your op...?

Post by rachemsi 28th July 2011, 7:32 pm

hi hun

I asked that question today at my post op appoint (not the chair thing lol) but heavy lifting.

The PS said another 2 weeks so that would be 4 weeks altogether i had unders so that may make a diff.

I would def check with your PS tho hun xx
rachemsi
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by rachyg1 28th July 2011, 7:38 pm

Hiya - I had to lift my very heavy 14 month old from day 7 onwards as my husband was too busy at work to stay at home. He is not quite the weight of a massage sofa tho! I have fallen into the trap of feeling totally fine, therefore carrying on as if nothing has happened! x
rachyg1
rachyg1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Post by kristenb89 28th July 2011, 9:01 pm

i would just lift gently and see what your body tells you. i lift heavy loads in work and i started at about 7 weeks, little by little until it didnt hurt anymore heavy lifting after your op...? 184153
kristenb89
kristenb89
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 190

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 28th July 2011, 9:24 pm

I was told no lifting more than 5 pounds for 6 weeks.My surgeon was really conservative though.
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 28th July 2011, 9:46 pm

hmmmm lol thanks girls! i'm a mobile beautician and with the risk of losing clients i'm going back to work after 3 weeks, but i'm not sure wether i should risk carrying my couch and that untill week 4-5??
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 28th July 2011, 10:40 pm

It may be different for you Hun.I had unders/lift/lipo all done at once.If you are just re-oping and having overs it may turn out that your surgeons says you can lift more weight and at a sooner time.You just don't want to overdue it and cause an implant displacement or an incision to rip open.I'm a fool and on day 3 I reached over my head and tore my left incision open.I'd just say follow your doctors advice and also listen to your body and if you don't feel you can do it,don't.There is no sense in damaging yourself :)
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 29th July 2011, 3:07 am

I do weight training and I lift quite heavy... I started back at 6 weeks but avoided chest and with everything else just did what felt right, some excersises just didnt feel right at first, and others were fine... I just listened to my body and didnt do what felt wrong or painfull... so my advise is go slow, and listen to your body if it hurts dont do it. x
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolly6410 29th July 2011, 7:38 am

thanks girls! i think i'm just going to have to wait and see, my ops on the 10th and i've said i'll go back to work the 30th, but i think with bigger treatments i'll just say i'm fully booked until like the 14th september... muhahaha. i dont want to rush into it, i never thought of my incisions popping open heavy lifting after your op...? 588945 i remember when my dad had an operation on his hand and he told the nurses my mum was waiting for him outside so they let him go and he drove home himself, and when he got back and took off his bandages all the stitches had exploded open and bits of his hand were hanging out! it was vile! hes an idiot like that...
Dolly6410
Dolly6410
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Emme-Kate 29th July 2011, 3:45 pm

Your poor dad! I hope he healed well after that.Ouch!

Mine couldn't be sewn.I had to have a liquid put on it tp prevent infection and had to baby that area for a while.It ended up healing nicely,thank goodnes :)
Emme-Kate
Emme-Kate
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down