Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my date - 13th Feb - worried tho!

+2
krizzooo1
mrs mac
6 posters

Go down

Got my date - 13th Feb - worried tho! Empty Got my date - 13th Feb - worried tho!

Post by mrs mac 8th January 2014, 11:18 am

Hi all,
Usually post on the nhs section but now that my surgery has been approved thought some on you lovely ladies out there might be able to help.

Although I'm over the moon - I'm a little worried too....
1.  Will it all be ok - never gone under before.

2.  Sizing - never discussed in detail sizing with the surgeon when we met as at that point I thought it would probably be a "no" anyway.  All he did say was that he would place a round cohesive gel (?) implant under the muscle and something that would suit my frame (5'10, size 10 and currently a AA cup) - from what I've read in previous posts - you get what your given on the NHS and be grateful - which I am - I just want my make sure both the surgeons and my own expectations are similar - don't want "comedy boobs" but I want the surgery to be worthwhile at the same time.  I read something about a rice test to get an idea of sizing - is this worthwhile?  Also - just a thought - is it worthwhile taking a pic of my "wish boobs" with me? 

3.  Darling hubby seems to be getting his knickers
in a knot.  What I mean is that although he says he's delighted for me (we've been together for 20 years and he understand exactly how I feel about my boobs) he's worried that it will bring unwanted attention i.e. men ogling his wife etc etc and not to be too big and look silly.  I have tried to reassure him and understand that this is going to be a big change for him too, and that this is for me and the way I feel inside - not for anyone else's gratification. I wish he would just be happy for me and go with the flow and enjoy the end results and not bother what other people are thinking.   Has any of you girlies experienced this with you other halfs?  Not sure how to deal with it.

4.  Finally work - what to do with this one?  My initial thoughts were to take time off sick (paid) but then I'd need to tell my boss why and get a sick line from my GP to cover the duration - which I assume would detail reason for absence?  I get on well with my boss but I'm not sure I want to share what's going on with him.... Or do I take annual leave?  Either way I need to arrange cover whilst I'm off.  How did you girlies out there deal with this one?  Also, although I don't intend broadcasting the fact that I've had surgery but I suppose if anyone asked I wouldn't deny the fact.

5. What kind or bra should i buy for just after surgery? will i be in a lot of pain? Will i be able to shower. Will there be bruising? Any hints or tips for hosp bag?
Sorry - so may questions, it's been a while since I've had the chance to come on here and this is just a brain dump of all my worry beads lol.  All advice welcome.
M xx 
mrs mac
mrs mac
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Got my date - 13th Feb - worried tho! Empty Re: Got my date - 13th Feb - worried tho!

Post by krizzooo1 8th January 2014, 11:53 am

Hi Lovely

Firstly Congrats!
I am pre Ba so cannot answer all your quest But can say that:::
Yes My hubby has been a little worried of unwanted attention but I told him I have worn padded bras since forever so actually in clothes they will only look a bit bigger and I doubt it will be noticed by many. He is very supportive though, which I am thankful for. I think ALL men must feel some level of this so don't worry.

I have had a GA:
I was fine with it, just a bit spd ut for couple days after but no sickness, bit woozy coming round, other than that fine. That's not to say this time will be same for me. But you really don't need to worry.

As for a letter from GP, he has to keep things dential and would NOT need to specify your BA on the note, possibly just Surgery? Your Gp can tell you this for sure.

Differnent girls like different bra. My PS actually recommended a shock absorber sports bra N102. others like the macoms... and my best friend found her Tesco sports bra fine thoughout recovery.

I can't help much more but Best wishes with it all xxxx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Got my date - 13th Feb - worried tho! Empty Re: Got my date - 13th Feb - worried tho!

Post by krizzooo1 8th January 2014, 11:54 am

Sorry my keyboard is missing letters: in The GA bit I meant Spaced out .... hehe sorry about that, trying to type quickly as I am just off to take littlie to preschool. Good luck with it all
xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 8th January 2014, 11:55 am

Gosh...GP CONFIDENTIAL lol, silly me x
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 8th January 2014, 12:01 pm

Hi firstly congratualations, secondly, calm down lol

I have heard and been told by my own GP that implants on the NHS your not normally given a choice of size etc but I dont think that they are going to give you something that isnt right for you, at the end of the day its stil surgery and the surgeon (who is the surgeon) will want to keep his name in good check

As for the time off, as the surgery is cosmetic and not health related sometimes you might not get to take the time off on the sick, but i dont know what your manager is like, if you can use 2 weeks holiday then get a note form the surgeon to say that for 6 weeks its desk/light duties only

I hate the fear I get going under a general anesthetic and I am PETRIFIED of hospitals and needles since my section went wrong a few year back, but if you let them surgeon and anthetist know you are a bit worried og going under they will make the experiance easier for you, I love the feeling of going under though lol

As for the bra if you can get in touch with the surgeon and find out what kind of size but tbh the macom is great as you just need to know your band size and not cupsize. I took arnica and still bruised like a peach the first BA and then after my reop there in Nov there wasnt much brusing at all, I wont lie my pain was awful the first time round was so bad I was on tramadol for 3 weeks lol but it does ease, this time after my reop I was much more comfortable

your hospital bag

button up jim jams, or a vest top you can step into
vaseline, your lips will be so dry
couple bottles of lucozade, great to get energy up after fasting
some snacks for when you wake in the night lol
tablet or phone for something to do
magazine or book incase you cant sleep
you can take slippers and house coat I never used mine

what hospital will you have the op in xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by MissCET 8th January 2014, 12:14 pm

Congratulations!!! Don't worry, you are only having the same worries we all had pre BA.

1. Yes you will be fine! It's normal to be nervous, but it's probably more dangerous crossing the road!

2. I have no experience of NHS sizing, but you should be able to discuss with your surgeon your size expectations. Views of cup sizes are always tricky, so you may want to find some pictures of women with a similar physique to you to illustrate what size you think is right and what you feel is too big for you personally. Take those to your next appointment and ask him/her what look they feel you will achieve.

3. Men are funny fish! If you search through past posts, loads of women talk about their husbands and boyfriends having issues pre BA. Change can be scary and it sometimes makes them insecure. However, i'm sure he will be thrilled with the end result! Just give him lots of reassurance.
My husband was fine, but he also had concerns about unwanted attention from other men. To be honest, my boobs don't look huge and unless i choose to flaunt them, they look similar to the massive padded bra's i was wearing previously. However, undressed is a totally different matter! I have much more confidence now, and my husband is reaping the benefits :0)

I also recommend getting the Macom, you only need to know your back size as it stretches to accomodate. If you type MyBreast in as a promo code, you get 15% off 

Good luck xxx
MissCET
MissCET
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 424

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th January 2014, 1:36 pm

Hi Mrs Mac. Yey on getting your date! Lets go through these concerns.

1 - Its perfectly normal to be nervous about the GA. This was only my 2nd time under, and I got a terrible fit of the giggles going to theatre! But you have to remember, these are trained proffessionals who know what they are doing, and will make it so safe for you.

2 - I dont know much about the NHS way, but Im sure you should be able to discuss it with your surgeon, at least to know what he's got in mind for you. Cohesive gel is the type of implant, probably a CUI, with a round shape. Rounds will eventually 'fluff' into a more teardrop shape, so dont worry about them looking stuck on or anything. I very much doubt you'll end up with 'comedy boobs'. But I would take a pic, and I would try and pry out of him what hes planning on using.

3 - Men are silly. They think that just because you've got new norks, other men are going to be fauning over you. Uh, they should have been already, regardless of my boobs!! A lot of the ladies have the same problem here, it just takes a little time and reassurance that at the end of the day, you're with him and no one else. They can look, but you can touch! I was lucky, my hubby was never really worried about that. He has more issues when I get my legs out than my baps!!

4 - Personally I didnt want to take sick leave as I wasnt sick. I was lucky, I took 1wk paid hols and 2wk working from home. You've just got to figure out the best solution for you. Also take into account what you do. Are you active in work or are you a desk jockey? Because you may need longer off if you have an active job.

5 - There will be soreness and there will be bruising. But nothing that paracetemol and painkillers cant handle. Showering is surgeons choice, some ladies get waterproof dressings, I couldnt shower for a week, some ladies its 2 or more. It depends on your sutchers. As for the Bra - your surgeon will advise if you need to be in one afterwards with your recovery details. A lot of ladies here like the Macom as you only need band size. Theres also the shock absorbers, Triumph Triactions, and M&S high impact. But you'll need to know what size for these, so speak to your surgeon.

I hope that helps to put your mind at ease! Just holler if you have any other questions, we're here to help :)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 8th January 2014, 3:28 pm

mrs mac wrote:Hi all,
Usually post on the nhs section but now that my surgery has been approved thought some on you lovely ladies out there might be able to help.

Although I'm over the moon - I'm a little worried too....
1.  Will it all be ok - never gone under before.
Its natural to have worries but honestly it feels like its over in a flash, no sooner than you drop off into a nice cosy sleep you're waking up in recovery
2.  Sizing - never discussed in detail sizing with the surgeon when we met as at that point I thought it would probably be a "no" anyway.  All he did say was that he would place a round cohesive gel (?) implant under the muscle and something that would suit my frame (5'10, size 10 and currently a AA cup) - from what I've read in previous posts - you get what your given on the NHS and be grateful - which I am - I just want my make sure both the surgeons and my own expectations are similar - don't want "comedy boobs" but I want the surgery to be worthwhile at the same time.  I read something about a rice test to get an idea of sizing - is this worthwhile?  Also - just a thought - is it worthwhile taking a pic of my "wish boobs" with me? 
It would do any harm to take some pics off your wish boobs, ultimately your surgeon wants you to happy with your results
3.  Darling hubby seems to be getting his knickers
in a knot.  What I mean is that although he says he's delighted for me (we've been together for 20 years and he understand exactly how I feel about my boobs) he's worried that it will bring unwanted attention i.e. men ogling his wife etc etc and not to be too big and look silly.  I have tried to reassure him and understand that this is going to be a big change for him too, and that this is for me and the way I feel inside - not for anyone else's gratification. I wish he would just be happy for me and go with the flow and enjoy the end results and not bother what other people are thinking.   Has any of you girlies experienced this with you other halfs?  Not sure how to deal with it.
All quite normal for partners to be worried, most men only know women who have had BA's to be glamour models etc who have to flaunt their assests for work, so just some reassurance usually helps and he wont be worried at your new found confidence and how fab you will look when wearing gorgeous underwear for him!
4.  Finally work - what to do with this one?  My initial thoughts were to take time off sick (paid) but then I'd need to tell my boss why and get a sick line from my GP to cover the duration - which I assume would detail reason for absence?  I get on well with my boss but I'm not sure I want to share what's going on with him.... Or do I take annual leave?  Either way I need to arrange cover whilst I'm off.  How did you girlies out there deal with this one?  Also, although I don't intend broadcasting the fact that I've had surgery but I suppose if anyone asked I wouldn't deny the fact.
I took annual leave from work but had to take a wee bit longer off and GP put muscle strain on sick line for me, so you shouldn't have a problem
5.  What kind or bra should i buy for just after surgery?   will i be in a lot of pain?  Will i be able to shower. Will there be bruising? Any hints or tips for hosp bag?
Sorry - so may questions, it's been a while since I've had the chance to come on here and this is just a brain dump of all my worry beads lol.  All advice welcome. The Macom is good as you only need to know your band size, my fav after that was the M&S zip front one looks good and is soooo comfy!
M xx 
Sorry to have written all over your post in blue, couldn't get the multi quote function to work brain fog ...lol XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down