Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vitamin e?

4 posters

Go down

vitamin e? Empty vitamin e?

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 6:24 pm

hi all hoe your all good, busy busy getting ready for xmas etc so not been on loads

so anyway im so so SO stressed about getting CC again I know that we all have grade I, which is just the capsule but it hast actually contracted and this is just our bodies 

reading up on it ive read that taking vitamin e can help keep the capsule soft but how much we need to take needs to be discussed by the surgeon (email sent to mine lol)

has anyone else read this and know if it works xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

vitamin e? Empty Re: vitamin e?

Post by jenniferrf1 14th December 2013, 6:30 pm

I read this, that vit E 'could' help reduce the risks so I have taken it as a supplement... I've never taken any before but I posted a topic on here before and other ladies day that they believe the vitamins really help day to day so I thought why not? xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 6:32 pm

oh i take vitamins and def agree that they work specially good old vitamin c so im wondering how much vitamin e to take xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th December 2013, 6:34 pm

Me too! :) I'm new to it all :) I take one a day but see what the other ladies say who are more experienced in this area lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 6:35 pm

yeah I take some suppliments to, the gym manager at my work is on his all the time and is always healthy and fit so I asked himw what to take at what times of the year xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDeeStafford 14th December 2013, 6:56 pm

I've spoken to a few Drs on this and they all have said there's no really evidence or proof that it helps, all though there's also no harm in it. The only thing that seems to help prevent CC is an Allergy medication called Singular, I'm not sure if it's available in the UK or if there is a UK equivalent but in the US they often use it to treat CC early on. x
KayDeeStafford
KayDeeStafford
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 296

http://www.noobiestoboobies.blogspot.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:07 pm

im so stressed about mine returning im trying to get things to help against it xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th December 2013, 7:22 pm

Yup, from all I've read too Kay, there's no evidence whatsoever to substantiate the theory that vitamin E does reduce the risk of CC.

Because the capsule is made of of collagen, theory goes, that it helps to soften the collagen, but there's no proof of this at all.

CC is something that surgeons are still working on finding out how to detect is you're susceptible to CC, right now, its thought that fluids are the cause, such as a Seroma, or a heamatoma, or an infection and vitamin E has no power over preventing any of those...

Its just one of those things when we have a BA that you I have to acknowledge may happen at any time in the future. There's no timescale of saftey, regarding CC when you have a BA, so it could happen the day after surgery.... It could happen 15 years from now if you're lucky! But CC or a rupture is highly likely to come to us all at some point.

So if you want to use vitamin E, there's really no harm in using it if YOU believe it may help. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDeeStafford 14th December 2013, 7:23 pm

I'm the same hun x revisions make you so paranoid esp with CC, I want to speak with my DR at post op about the anti allergy meds and see if anything is available here that is similar given I take allergy meds as it is! x
KayDeeStafford
KayDeeStafford
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 296

http://www.noobiestoboobies.blogspot.ie

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:25 pm

im so stressed about this CC lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th December 2013, 7:27 pm

Another theory that's said to help prevent CC is rolling on your front once a day (Tink don't you do this whilst you're healing) its said to keep the capsule soft.

Again though... There's nothing proven. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:35 pm

panic 
its so stressful lol

another thing Im having to remember to ask my surgeon is, im not wearing anything supporting my boobs just now as told to do so by my surgeon til he tells me I can wear a sports bra, so why is this is this in the inital healing time theres to be no support then when they are in the right place after dropping etc its good to support them xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th December 2013, 7:44 pm

Your implants aren't going to drop any more than the picket allows Tink, so don't worry about that.

Your surgeon obviously wants those muscles of yours nice and relaxed now to allow for your boobs and the implants to reveal their full potential, so 'for you' with everything being so tight, a support bra would be of no benefit to you... Infact quite the contrary, it would hinder your healing because you'd be supporting the breast and not allowing for that good stretch of those muscles and skin to help you achieve a more natural appearance. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 14th December 2013, 7:58 pm

yip this is what I thought lol im learning

I can just imagine Peters face if he came in and seem me rolling about on my boobs  Hysterical xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down