Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weight loss after BA

+7
Corrina_Corrina
mrsball
COOKIE
Sassysazzle
jenniferrf1
Becciann84
jensk
11 posters

Go down

Weight loss after BA Empty Weight loss after BA

Post by jensk 5th October 2013, 11:02 am

Hi,

Sorry, I start off quiet now I can't shut up!

Like i said before I havent lost all the weight I wanted to before the BA but i really dont want to delay this any further. I wanted to lose 3 stone. I lost 1. I would like to lose 2 more. So my plan was to go with the op, then slowly lose weight in the couple of months after by eating really healthy and walking lots, i dont want to push it and hinder my recovery.

Then I can really get back stuck into it after the first 2/3 months have passed. I am confident I will be able to do this.

I am worried though that my implants will look really wierd after Ive lost the weight after the op. I have heard about rippling and funny shapes after weight loss.

does anyone have any experience of this or otherwise?

most of the weight i want off is on my lower body like legs and belly, my chest and arms arent so bad so the weight loss around the boobs wont be so dramatic.

and i also figure that these will be in me for 10 years, i may fluctuate in weight over the next 10 years because thats life so does it matter?

would love to hear your stories of weight gain/loss with implants girls, this place has helped me SO much so far! xxxxx:thanks:
jensk
jensk
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Weight loss after BA Empty Re: Weight loss after BA

Post by Becciann84 5th October 2013, 11:04 am

We'll unfortunately we can't choose where we lose weight from... So whilst YOU may not want to lose much weight off your boobs/think you have much to lose your body might have other ideas! 
Maybe best to speak to your surgeon, see what he says? But from what I can gather significant weight loss or gain after ba WILL affect them x
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 5th October 2013, 11:26 am

I'm not 100% sure but a weight gain or loss will most likely affect the look of your noobs, again it's an individual thing but anymore than a stone each way could affect the look of your new breasts i think I've heard... It's very important to keep weight fairly consistent having implants to keep the look of them ... Loosing the weight (or putting on) slow or fast doesn't matter so it may be worth giving it all a good think again ...

Wait to see what a few other ladies say but I 'think' it's around a stone each way on average xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 5th October 2013, 11:44 am

Actually hon I think you need to be careful about that, I think they usually say weight loss of a stone or so post BA is ok but you need to be a bit careful with much more then that - I can't remember the reasonings behind it though.  Best bet is to discuss with the surgeons during your consultations see what they say x
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th October 2013, 12:44 pm

2 stone is a heck of a lot of weight to lose post op babe - in losing that much weight post-BA you risk the chance of rippling and also sagging hun.

If it were me... I'd postpone my BA for a while hun if losing the weight was important to me. Get to your target weight, have your BA and then try and maintain that weight to keep your boobs looking good. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 5th October 2013, 1:07 pm

I have to agree with cookie Hun, 2 stone is a lot to lose after a ba, it's recommended to be at your ideal weight at the time of ba so they can have the right implant size aesthetic   look you want x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Corrina_Corrina 5th October 2013, 2:44 pm

If you're anything like me, the boobs is the first place I lose it & the last place it goes on!  This is why I had BA, as I'd lost weight (and have kept it off) & so had lost what little I had in the first place.

You must know your body in terms of where you lose weight easily & where it's more stubborn.  I think it's a very valid point, as has been mentioned already.. of being at or near to your ideal weight (realistically) at the time of surgery.  The last thing you'd want is to spend all that money, go through the actual surgery & recovery etc only to end up unhappy with the result after losing weight post BA.  I think it would be safer to consult with your surgeon & go with what they recommend.
Corrina_Corrina
Corrina_Corrina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 153

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 5th October 2013, 3:53 pm

Unfortunately you can't spot reduce fat, and if you are planning to loose two stone I would say you are likely to loose fat from your boob area.

It does depend also on the size you are now and the type and placement of your implants. Have a chat to your surgeon, and see what he says x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by jensk 5th October 2013, 4:05 pm

oh no i just wrote a big reply then deleted it all by accident whoops! :doh: 

following your replies I have had a big chat with my 2 best girlfriends and my boyfriends brutally honest but amazing nan. I am going to rearrange the op until January.

I feel like crying Im so disappointed with myself because i knew in the spring i had to do this and i really thought this would be my motivation. hopefully this disappointment will be my motivation instead.

i have been dreaming about this for years and now nothings in my way, have the job/life to fit around recovery, its all paid for etc i just have really let myself down with not losing enough weight.

new boobies should be the cherry on the cake, the reward for reaching your ideal weight target. i havent earned them this time, hopefully after january i will have deserved them.

i am sad because i really wanted them ready for xmas, i am going ot a wedding where i am a bridesmaid and my nasty ex is the best man. we were together 5 years, he cheated on my repeatedly with a closed friend and i eventually found out. they have now been together for 3 years and she will be there (she has never heard of sisterhood). i have no feelings for them, my current man is incredible but i just wanted to be able to pull off the dress and look amazing and just have that moment. im sure there'll be other chances for that though. im not going ot have wierd ripply boobs for 10 years for the sake of one night in their company.

thanks for your honesty girls i really appreciate it, i'll call transform on monday.sad smile xx
jensk
jensk
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 5th October 2013, 4:09 pm

Good for you, like you say boobies will be your inspiration and the icing on the cake x

Your ex sounds like a right twonk, and I certainly wouldn't be worrying about his thoughts on anything tbh. However maybe it is the occasion for chicken fillets!
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 5th October 2013, 4:13 pm

Aww Jen, sorry to hear you have postponed but it sounds like its right for you hun, especially that you want to loose this weight, you've done so well so far, keep going! January will be a great month to have boobs... it means you can totally enjoy Christmas and have something to look forward to after the xmas blues are over! By xmas you wouldn't be 100% back to normal so in Jan you will have beautiful boobs and lots of time to recover for summer :D Try to look on the positive side Give You  

That 'friend' was rubbish and your ex doesn't even deserve a second of your time, its nice to feel confident in front of an ex but honestly, he doesn't matter! Your boyfriend loves you the way you are and knows he will have the new boobs to look forward to also!! You know that your ex is missing out big time ALREADY and not just because your getting new boobs, your 100% better then him already...

So it sounds like its the right decision for you Jen, You can do this, lots of good luck, you will get your boobs and the time will fly around, you said you want to loose 2 stone but even if you loose around 1 and a half/three quarters the few extra pounds wont affect you so good luck xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th October 2013, 4:26 pm

I think you're being very sensible in you're decision babe.

Always remember hun, that its not your boobs, or an amazing body that will pull off a dress, its confidence hun!

You have what sounds like a good man on your arm, you're happy to be rid of that dirtbag and his charming rat of a girlfriend, so whatever you're wearing babe you should feel good!

You will rock that dress babe, because you feel good about your life!

When you're stood at the top of the aisle behind your friend babe and if you feel a little quiver of doubt, just turn around and give that man of yours a cheeky lil wink. THAT my darlin' will be YOUR moment Hug

Your boobs will come when the time is right for YOU. But in the meantime, look around hun.... Focus on the positives that you have in your life because they're what really matter hun and you're a very lucky lady to be living such a happy life.

Dirtbag and the rat are a joke hun. You and your man are REAL Heart  x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 5th October 2013, 4:36 pm

Honestly chick I think thats definately the right thing to do, 2 stone is a lot to lose and you don't want your boobies to be affected by the weight loss.  Don't be disappointed though! A stones loss is still A LOT - maybe not the end goal in the time you'd hoped but a bloomin great start.

Like you said, boobies will be the icing on the cake for you in the NY (and you won't have to worry about the recovery time in sports bra's cus it'll be winter and you'll be all covered in jumpers anyway!)

Keep your chin up, and F*@k that nasty ex bf of yours and that nonsense ex-friend (they deserve each other - and if they did that to you, they'll probably do it to each other too - cheaters RARELY change their spots) you're already gonna look ah-mez-in from the weight loss so far.......not to mention theres still plenty of time between now and said wedding for the continued loss......like LJR said - perfect time to give the chicken fillets a go ;-) xxx
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 5th October 2013, 4:45 pm

I think that's the best idea Hun, but don't be thinking that you 'don't deserve' your new boobs! Of course you do! It's just better to wait until you will have the perfect ones. 
Don't be down on yourself about not having lost the weight yet. Losing weight is hard! I too have had 3 stone to lose since I had my baby in January... 8 &1/2 months later & I've only lost 2.  But I'm back on track now & determined to get the rest of ASAP! & I'm sure you will too. There's a thread in one of the other categories where there are a few of us girls  who want to lose weight, helping each other out & keeping each other motivated if you fancied joining in.
& don't worry about your stupid ex and your supposed 'friend' they don't deserve you to even give the time of day. Just have a good time with your new man & that will be all the revenge you need xx
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 5th October 2013, 4:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's the link to the thread xx
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jensk 5th October 2013, 10:17 pm

None of you know me or have reason to care about me yet you have all taken the time to understand my predicament and write really helpful kind responses, that is so so lovely of you I really cant thank you enough.

im so glad to have found this forum because i would be so lost without it. i was nervous to write a topic and i didnt want to come across like an idiot but youve been so nice.

i have spoken to my amazing boyfriend daryl and have showed him this thread with all your opinions and he's given me real strength to follow through with this decision. I have been dreaming abou thtis BA since i was 16 (10 years), whats 3 more months to wait?

i feel so much better and i know now, with your back up, that postponing it is the right thing. you're all better than any petient coordinator or surgeon has been so far for real first hand experience advice.

cheers girls! xxxx
jensk
jensk
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 5th October 2013, 10:46 pm

Well done you for postponing although it must have been hard - I know what you mean about seeing your ex but as others have said, his opinion means jack and you will still look gorgeous with the confidence that you are better than him.

Just think, if he did that to you, I bet your ex 'friend' is constantly looking over her shoulder worrying that he will do that to her. They're not worth your time. Ignore him at the wedding, they don't deserve a second glance xxx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 5th October 2013, 10:56 pm

Hi Hunni, you will look amazing at that wedding Hun, you can hold your head high......... They should feel bad about what they did.
You are so much better off without both of them in your life.   They are made for each other. They should both be ashamed........
You made the best decision to put your op on hold.......... It's all fate babe.
Good luck with everything.xx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 6th October 2013, 12:04 am

Hey hon, I think your doing the right thing. I lost 1.5st pre-op this time and am looking to loose 10-14lbs to get to my target weight. However, I got ok from surgeon for this and wouldn't want to loose any more in case of sagging etc. xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 6th October 2013, 7:46 am

Aww exactly :) what's three more months when you've waited for so long :) your day will be here so soon xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down