Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allergan Soft Touch or Responsive, PleaseHelp !!!!

+2
COOKIE
Angels2013
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Allergan Soft Touch or Responsive, PleaseHelp !!!! Empty Allergan Soft Touch or Responsive, PleaseHelp !!!!

Post by Angels2013 14th September 2013, 4:20 pm

Hi girls,

I have done my homework and know that Allergan Responsive are the older implant and not as firm as Soft Touch. I also understand that Responsive are filled with 95% cohesive gel.

The Soft Touch are a bit firmer because filled with 100% cohesive gel. I have read up that some surgeons are saying that the Soft Touch are better for rippling as firmer, although other surgeons said that it would make no difference to extra rippling if had responsive ???

Aaaaagh, that's confusing isn't it , lol !!!! ??????? Who's right or is there no right or wrong????

Does anyone no if the outer shells are different with them both ? and if one better than the other ????

I'm so confused ? Are they basically the same and just a quick money maker from manufacturer to "invent" an upgrade which would make no difference anyway?????

I have to decide very soon so pleeeese can someone put my mind at rest to order the right ones. My surgeon is one that says they will make no difference if use either ,  but aaaagh, Help pleeeese

I have implants already but they are over 10 years old and need replacing, I do have rippling issues too, but my surgeon says it wont make any difference if responsives are used ???

Thank youxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Allergan Soft Touch or Responsive, PleaseHelp !!!! Empty Re: Allergan Soft Touch or Responsive, PleaseHelp !!!!

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 4:26 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies wavey 

The soft touch are the 'new' 5th generation implants hun which are 'highly cohesive' unlike the responsive which are cohesive, so what this means is that if you cut into them both the highly cohesive implant is going to hold its shape better than the cohesive. So if for example you had a silent rupture and didnt know about it.... The soft touch would hold its shape better than the Responsives. (You should always have an MRI every 3 years to check for silent ruptures)

You're right about the fill also with Responsives having 95% fill and soft touch having a 100% fill so DO reduce the risk of rippling.

The Responsives will be a softer implant than the soft touch, but overall I'd personally say the soft touch are the better implant of the two. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Allergan Soft Touch or Responsive, PleaseHelp !!!! Empty Re: Allergan Soft Touch or Responsive, PleaseHelp !!!!

Post by Angels2013 14th September 2013, 4:46 pm

Hello Cookie,

Hello and thank you sooo much for you super speedy reply !!

Thank you for your info, 

So why are some surgeons saying that it will make no difference using responsives for rippling as it is using soft touch ???

Also will responsives hold their shape as well as soft touch over time ?
 x x  x x
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 14th September 2013, 4:52 pm

PS,

One PS said that the outer shell of Responsives is a bit different from Soft Touch and he prefers it, any ideas bout this ???
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 4:52 pm

The clinic may be buying Responsives in a bulk buy so it costs them less in the long run babe rather than buying in by preference.

Don't get me wrong, the Responsives are an excellent implant coming from Allergans premium range, so either would be a very good choice.

Its entirely YOUR choice Angel. Some women prefer the softer implant and choose the Responsives for this reason....

Breast implants aren't made to last you a lifetime hun and you'll have an average of 10 years with the choice of implant you have, this could be a lot shorter, for example my implants only lasted 3 years and another member here recently posted informing us that just after two years hers ruptured... Or the could last you the ten years or more if you're lucky!

So whichever you choose Angel, it will be a good decision either way. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 4:57 pm

Angels2013 wrote:PS,

One PS said that the outer shell of Responsives is a bit different from Soft Touch and he prefers it, any ideas bout this ???
No idea about this sorry, unless someone else knows?

As far as I'm aware they both have the same Biocell textured shell shrug 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 14th September 2013, 5:13 pm

Thanks Cookie,

Mmmmm , yeh I thought they both had the same Biocell textured shell too, mmmmm, gonna go back and ask them why they said that ,

PS was very adamant that their is no difference in them regarding rippling issues just seems really sad and misleading if he knows there is all just for money ??? 

Would you know if Motiva implants are more similiar to Soft Touch or Responsive ?

X x X x X x X
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 5:17 pm

They're not an implant I've heard of before but have just had a little look and they're the 'gummy bear' implants which would liken them to Natrelles Soft Touch babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 5:23 pm

Angels2013 wrote: PS was very adamant that their is no difference in them regarding rippling issues just seems really sad and misleading if he knows there is all just for money ??? 
The 5th generation implants were created to reduce the risk of rippling hun, so I'm unsure why you were told this.

However.... If the placement chosen is right and you have enough coverage for the implant then you wouldn't have to worry about rippling lovely.

I've actually been here for coming up to 4 years now and about 3 women only have had to have revision due to visible rippling. It really is that rare.

So do you think it might be possible the surgeon wasnt worried about the risks given that he was confident in placement, size and shape of implant for you? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 14th September 2013, 5:26 pm

I had to choose between Responsive and Soft Touch, the difference when feeling them both is not noticeable, you can't tell there is any difference. I went for the Responsive because of the fill, they've been around longer and they're FDA approved, whereas Soft Touch aren't.
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 5:35 pm

I've just taken a look at the Motiva warranty and it seems you'd get a better deal with Natrelles babe.

The Motiva will only offer a replacement implant for lifetime should you have a rupture or CC grade 4/5

Natrelle offer a 10 year warranty plus which gives you a ten year financial assistance should they rupture or develop CC within 10 years, I think its around £750. After the ten years only the implant would be replaced.

Just to add about the FDA thing... This is an American thing and not so important today hun. We in Britain manufacture one of the best implants (Nagor Impleo) which aren't FDA approved and used widely by BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons as well as the new polyeurothane implants, only the Sientra are FDA approved but BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons tend to be increasingly using the PURE implants which are not sweetness. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 14th September 2013, 11:01 pm

Hi, sorry girls had to go had a visitor,

Thank you for all you super speedy replys, very appreciated as must get to the bottom of this asap:help: ,please 

Ah, so Motiva have higher cohesive gel and firmer like Soft Touch, I did think that myself, 

That's very interesting as the surgeon gave me the option of Motiva and Allergan/Responsive implants at Consul and said they are basically the same thing, but when I said I'd prefer Allergan/Soft Touch over Responsive, he said that he prefers Responsive ???

Confused.com LOL !!!!shrug 

So yes I'm very confused as Soft Touch are made for rippling and I have rippling!!! But surgeon still saying that responsives will work just the same for me as Soft Touch ???shrug 

Hi Princess, I'm sure Soft Touch are FDA approved now ????? Anyone else no if they are or not ????

My Op is booked for next week so I must decide on these implants asap so they can order in time, aaagh !!!!panic 

I'm having replacement breast aug as old implants really old, over 10 years and I have rippling issues. At consul the surgeon gave me a choice of responsive, motiva and silimed polyurethane.

As you said before Cookie, motiva is similiar to Soft Touch and I think Silimed is more of a firmer tougher implant too. After reading what you said about Motiva warranty I don't fancy that one.

So options now are Silimed Pure Polyurethane or Responsive or Soft Touch ???seeing stars 

Still confused.com lol, why he's saying responsive and soft touch the same ???  aaaagh any ideas anyone ???

Angel Heart X x X x X x X
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 11:12 pm

LOL, I'm thinking the surgeon just has a bulk buy of Responsives maybe babe, so its cost effective for them to sell them to their clients.

The PURE implants are getting VERY good reviews at the moment and we've a few ladies here that have already had them. As I said in my previous post, they are seemingly becoming more popular now... But, I'd ask your surgeon if they have experience working with these particular implants.

The PURE have an outer she'll that sticks to the breast pocket, unlike the textured implants which settle themselves in over a little time, the shell of the PURE embeds itself instantly so they're very good for positioning, but... It takes a skilled surgeon to ensure they get them in the right position so do ask what experience they have working with them.

Of all the implants these have the least risk of rippling babe. They take a little longer to soften up than other implants so you'd also need to be aware of that, but will heal to be as nice and soft as any of the implants available to us today. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 14th September 2013, 11:38 pm

Hi hun,

LOL, yes me thinking he has a big supply too, mmmm that's not good though as he is not recommending what's best for me ,

Yes the Pures sound fab, but I don't think he has used many as they are still so new, so mmmmmm,

So yes it's all pointing to Soft Touch really eh !!

I have 300's in and my boobs are quite low but nipples still in ok place so he said replacement will be fine and uplift not needed, Thank god !!!

I said I don't want to go bigger but he said I may have to a bit because pocket has stretched. He said he would get 325, 345 and 365 and see which one in theatre.

Do these sound right to you or a bit big ?

Just seen that you are going in for revision tomorrow,

Good luck hun and thank you so much for all your help, U r a STAR clap hands 

XMwahX
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 11:46 pm

Awww I like helping hun and thank you kiss 

Going bigger for a second surgery is the right thing to do, as long as you're happy to go bigger of course lol and your surgeon is only going moderately larger, so nothing drastic at all.

You said your nipples are quite low... Did your surgeon discuss anatomical implants with you at all? For women bordering uplift territory where like you say the nipples are low but not yet needing an uplift an anatomical really helps to give the nipple a bit more of a lift than a round would, so this too might be an option for you to discuss with your surgeon? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 15th September 2013, 12:01 am

Ah bless you for helping:hugme: ,

My boobs are quite low but nipples okish.

He said he doesn't like to use the shaped if a round implant has been in because the pocket won't be any good to fit a shaped one. So nope he wouldn't use these.

What implants make size and shape you got hun ?
x x x x
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 15th September 2013, 12:07 am

Oh , Princess has said above that Soft Touch are not FDA approved yet but Responsive are ? Do you no this Cookie ?panic
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th September 2013, 1:15 am

He couldn't do a pocket revision?

Princess was right babe. The Responsives were FDA approved in just 2006, the only other FDA implants are Allergan 410 anatomical style implant (these just recently introduced), Mentors Memory gel and their Memory shape and also the polyeurothane Sientra implant.

In all honestly babe, FDA approval is an American thing. We in the UK have been using silicone breast implants for far longer than the Us and we have far more experience with them than they have and as I stated above one of the best breast implants which are British made are the Nagor Impleos, this have no FDA approval, the PURE implants you mentioned previously... These too have no FDA approval and yet both of these implants are widely used amongst BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons.

As long as the implants are CE marked which is the approval we in Europe have then the implant is good and safe for use hun. So I wouldn't base your opinion on FDA approval unless of course it was something you felt to be important to you.

I have the bog standard Allergan CUI implant babe. I did extensive research on which implants I would have and found no one good cause to 'for me' to warrant paying more. Allergan saftey of all their implants are of a premium standard. This includes CUIs, and Natrelles: read HERE I was fully aware of the shelf life and although Natrelles have a 'lifetime' warranty, considering they will generally only last as long as the ten year warranty given with CUIs it again fell down 'for me'

But that's me babe. For some women they want the creme dela creme, I plan changing these soon, so.... I'm happy with 'my' choice hun.

They're round implants and I have 410CCs.

Who is your surgeon Angel?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Allergan Soft Touch or Responsive, PleaseHelp !!!! Empty Hi

Post by Siamese4 15th September 2013, 8:19 am

Hi

I went for consultation on Thursday and my surgeon was saying there isn't much difference between the CUI  and the Natrelle range but after doing alot of research I wanted the Soft Touch.  When he was discussing my options he did give me a demonstration of how each implant (CUI, Soft Touch and Responsive) held their shape when on a slope - CUI was firmest followed by Soft Touch then Responsive.  All I know from what he has told me and showed me and from all the 100s of posts I have read is that Responsive tend to fold more because they are softer.  I am going for the Soft Touch as they are less likely to flip than the CUI but less likely to cause rippling then then the Responsives (this is what I've been told).

If it helps the clinic I went to are really pro-CUI I have also found that alot of people who go to this clinic have found this too(been told they get discount with CUIs - the coordinator was really talking me into CUIs but I do believe the Natrelle range- Soft Touch is the better choice for me - it is hard when they are pushing you for something that you feel is not the best option.

I hope this helps and good luck xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 15th September 2013, 1:03 pm

Thank you girls,

Hope all doing well for you today Cookie Hug

The surgeon is Alex Karidis, he uses responsives , motiva and Polyurethane,

I asked if he had Soft Touch but he said no because there's no difference with them?? 

But when I spoke to coordinator after she said that responsives have a different outer shell which he prefers to use as better for rippling ???? Like yourself , I havent heard this anywhere at all ??, Think she may have got this wrong and I'm going to speak to her again tomorrow. She said she could get Soft Touch in for me if I chose them though.

Hello Siamese wavey 

That info is great thank you. He was good to do the slope test, I think that has finally made my decision !!!!!

Yes Naturelles are def better than CUI, from the 100's of posts and what I've been told too. So sad when they push just because of discounts, it makes my blood boil as it's our bodies and what should be best for them eh !!!

Yep I agree and so does Cookie that Soft Touch definateley sounds the better implant, although she did just say that they are not FDA approved yet but explains above what all that means.

Would it bother you that they are not FDA approved ?

What clinic and surgeon did you see hun ?

Angel x x x x x
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 1:18 pm

Hi just to add to Cookies info, I have natrelle responsive and I've just found out I have a rupture after 2 years. I also have rippling in both, noticeable when I bend over but a slight dent in the right when standing. This may be more to do with my lack of natural breast tissue than anything though. 
If it is rippling you're worried about then do go for the soft touch but I can't stress enough that the responsive are so natural to feel. Despite the rupture I will be going for responsive again because they feel like real boobies and they slope like real ones. I'm very happy with them. X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 15th September 2013, 2:56 pm

Hello Flowergirl :)

Sorry to hear about your rupture,

I've heard that there isn't much of a difference with the feel of both responsive and soft touch . have you felt someone with soft touch in ?

To avoid rippling again do you not want to go for soft touch ?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 3:31 pm

No I haven't felt a soft touch but I have it on good opinion from an expert (my boyf haha!) that they really do feel natural. 
I considered the soft touch but I think the rippling is so unnoticeable except to me that I would prefer softer boobies to not rippled if that makes sense? I don't have very much natural breast tissue so there's always going to be rippling anyway and you'll always feel my implants.
I think it's a personal preference and something that you can only weigh up yourself x
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Angels2013 15th September 2013, 6:26 pm

Yep understand what your saying but omg a big decision to make isn't it lol !!

If I had no rippling at all then I would def choose responsive.

But I do have rippling and would it still happen with soft touch anyway ? So yeh understand what your saying about having the softer boobies. 

Is it your 2nd BA ?  What did your surgeon recommend ? Did he say that both would show ripples if gonna ripple anyway ?
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Angels2013
Angels2013
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 7:12 pm

Is the rippling the reason you're having a re-op? How bad is iit? 
I believe you're always going to get rippling. Imagine holding a bag of silicone upright, it will fall to the bottom and cause rippling. How much will depend on how solid the silicone is but they're never going to completely solid. From what I've read, all implants ripple but how much you can see depends on how much breast tissue you have to cover it. 
This will be my second BA but I haven't seen my surgeon yet. That's happening next Saturday eeeek! I'll let you know what he says about the rippling x
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next