Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centre parcs after ba and uplift?

5 posters

Go down

Centre parcs after ba and uplift? Empty Centre parcs after ba and uplift?

Post by Lias6246 8th September 2013, 8:17 pm

Hiya all

I'm having my surgery on the 30th of October which is a Wednesday and I am planning to go to centre parcs on the Monday. Now I'm thinking it may not be such a great idea. I know I will have very limited movement and I would be restricted to what I can do... However, after reading about recovery times etc I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to do anything!!

We had planned the holiday for months and we are going with 6 of my friends and their kids. I have 2 kids and my husband is an amazing Dad - I mean he will be able to do everything with them including swimming etc because I won't be able to. My friends will help as well.

My question is would I be able to walk around and sit down and watch things or am I going to spend the week in bed? I know everyone is different but it's just an idea on how much I will be able to do. I booked it for that date as its the only time my husband can have off for a week to look after the kids. 

Xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Centre parcs after ba and uplift? Empty Re: Centre parcs after ba and uplift?

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 8:40 pm

You'll be 5 days post-op won't you Lisa?

At five days post-op its very likely for a few more days you won't want to be going out to be doing things lovely. You'll be extremely tired and probably still in the 'hunched' phase of your recovery when you don't even feel like you can stand up straight. If you're going for a week you 'might' have a few days when you can get out for a long walk and sit and watch stuff, but that's going to be anything past a week really. Infact at 5 days post-op be sure to take your pillow in the car for the journey to protect your boobs because they will still be very swollen and uncomfortable, so you'll want that to protect you from the pressure of the seat belt.

If you're going to for 2 weeks, there's a very good chance you might get to enjoy the second week more and will have more energy then, but then again... That's not guaranteed. For some people whether having a BA or an uplift it can take them 2 weeks to get over their surgery. Its just something you're going to have to play by ear lovely and take each day as it comes.

I would very much advise that you don't put pressure on yourself to do things though if you don't feel up to it because you WILL feel it babe, I assure you. There is also the risk of putting back your recovery if you do overdo things so I know you may want to get and do stuff with your family, but you have to be realistic. It is very possible that you'll want to stick around your cabin/caravan (sorry I don't know what accommodation they have there) so you can sit and relax, take short walks and sleep when you need to when you're that early post-op.

At no point will you ever be bed bound hun. But you will no doubt need plenty of rest that early. If its a busy place too, you'll have to VERY careful not to get a bump in the boobies - think how a man feels when he gets a kick in the balls lol, well that's EXACTLY the reaction that happens to us when we get a knock in the boob as they're healing. It makes you physically sick and it hurts? So be careful as well hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 9:01 pm

Just another thing Lisa - if you're going for more than a weekend away have you spoken to your surgeon about what you're going to do about your wound check shock is generally around a week to 10ish post-op. sometimes it can go as long as 2 weeks but this depend on your surgeon. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 8th September 2013, 9:09 pm

Hi cookie

Thank you so much! I couldn't have asked for a better answer thank you.

Yes, I will be 5 days post op and its not too far from my house so only about an hour. We are staying in a fancy chalet thing so it will be comfortable to stay in if I can't do much. I showed my husband your post and he said well someone is going to cut your boobies and it will be like when I get cuts on my hands! I hope he was joking! In all seriousness though my husband is amazing and will help me recover. As I said he is an amazing Dad and I have no worries about him coping with th e 2 kids if I can't do much. We have 2 bedrooms in the chalet too so if I need more space he can sleep with the kids. He knows he will have to get up with my baby for at least 2 weeks too and is fine with it.

Is it restrictive because you feel you can't stand or sit up straight? Or you can't walk far? I have a high pain threshold as I have a joint condition (that I fear will flare up when I have to sleep on my back) so I know my boobs will hurt but its e restrictive movements that I'm most worried about - and stinking frm not being able to shower ha ha

Thanks again cookie xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 8th September 2013, 9:12 pm

And I've spoken with my surgeons assistant who looked concerned when I said I was going to centre parcs but they know about it. My friends have been really supportive too as they understand that I don't think I could have waited until next year to have my boobs sorted. My kids will still have an awesome time with my friends kids but it would be nice to be able to go out for a coffee and watch them play etc x
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 9:36 pm

How long are you going for Lisa?

I too have a high pain threshold babe having dealt with joint problems too caused by an auto immune disorder I have, so don't let that make you think this will be a breeze lovely.. It might well be, you just don't know. My first BA, I was great at day 3, I had a lot of surgery done when I had my first full anchor lift having lymph nodes removed just before and also needing a full capsulectomy and that floored me for 2 weeks hun. The last surgery, I just had a lollipo lift and that took a week to get over the worst hun.

You'll be able to stand, that's not a problem at all, but you'll feel like an old lady. You just instinctively hunch I think to protect your boobs. I've done this 3 times and its always the same lol. Its like if you stand upright it feels like you're going to pull your stitches. On top of this the swelling is a feeling like when your milk comes in when you've just had the baby. They're rock hard, uncomfortable and sat under your armpits and although they don't 'hurt' the discomfort of them is enough hun. You'll feel like you're carrying a ten tonne weight on your chest. Booby blues is another thing you may have to deal with. This too is very common and not a nice thing to have to deal with at all. You get moody, you're weepy and sooo down and you can't actually pin-point a reason why. Its especially hard for those who put targets in front of themselves and find they just can't achieve them post-op, which is why I'm saying babe - 3 recoveries, same person, all different. You just can't say how your body will react after surgery, so expect the worst I say and if you get the best of recoveries, its a lovely bonus for you.

I'm glad your husband is reading because it IS going to be hard for you, especially having young children as well. Having this surgery for the first week at least is exhausting and as much as you'll want to keep your eyes open, you just won't be able to and will want your bed hun.

Walking... Well you'll only be able to start taking short walks at first. Any more and you'll know about it when you go to bed that night - they'll hurt....A LOT! So its important that you don't do too much. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 8th September 2013, 9:53 pm

We are going for 5 days. I knew I wouldn't be able to do much but it's really helpful to know that I really shouldn't do too much as I know I will try to. Now hubby has read this he won't let me lol!

I had mastitis twice that was horrible so I know the sort of pain you mean. Thank you for describing it that's really helpful.

I have read about the boogie blues and my hubby knows about it too so hopefully will be understanding. I may get myself a massive stash of chocolate! 

Thank you again for the info. I will expect to spend the week in the chalet and if I manage anything more it will be a bonus! 

Hug
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 8th September 2013, 10:01 pm

I couldn't imagine going at 2 weeks . Post up never mind 5 days but I did have a diff recovery and think I was an unlucky one who was in slot of pain. Cookie can vouch for that lol some of my post op comments were funny cause I was still high on tramadol weeks on lol lol

If u do go stick to regular pain relief

I've got high pain threshold had a section and my spinal wore off but managed to stay awake while they still worked on me. It when I stArted going into shock was when they HAD to knock me out and I'd rather that pain that BA again lol xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 8th September 2013, 10:36 pm

Oh god. I'm sorry to hear about your recovery. Ha ha I know a tramadol high! I take it quite often for my joints but when I started taking it again after my babies it made me as high as a kite! 

Don't get me wrong, I know it's going to hurt and I am really worried about having to sleep on my back. If I am really not up to it I just won't go. It's not worth risking it.

I bet you all think I'm mental for even thinking it but just to be able to spend the week with the kids and my hubby I was really looking forward to. 

Thanks for warning me and I hope I have a good recovery, I think I just have to remember that the recovery is the most important thing xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by japearse 9th September 2013, 9:02 am

I have just rearranged my BR and uplift from 30th Sept to beginning of Jan.  When i looked through my diary I realised that there was a lot going on and I wanted to have a clear few months to allow myself to recover without any additional stress. I dont know about you but my body takes a long time to recover from the stress of surgery as well as the other after effects. so i expect that i wont be wanting to leave home for a while. Dont underestimate the feeling of safety being at home and near to your surgeon.  Good luck with whatever you decide. xxx
japearse
japearse
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 9th September 2013, 9:28 am

Hiya

I'm not sure how I heal as I've never really had anything to heal from. I know what you mean though, technically I should stay at home but in January my hubby has someone going on maternity leave and he will have to cover so won't be able to have time off for ages. If I can't go I won't go. I won't go and make myself worse. It's the only thing I have on for months after the surgery and realistically if I'm bad I can always join them later.

I think it's a case of seeing how I feel xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 9th September 2013, 8:11 pm

I am going to go against the grain and say that I would have happily gone away after my BA. As you say your husband is geared up to be doing most of the childcare.

Also because you won't be at home you won't be tempted to do any housework! The children will be more occupied than usual.

The only thing is you won't be able to cycle up and down the hills - tick! - take extra pillows with you and enjoy a leisurely few days x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 9th September 2013, 8:20 pm

Thanks LJR..I was starting to think I was a bit bonkers for thinking of going!

Did you have a good recovery?

You're right about the kids being more occupied and the housework although I will gladly hand the housework over to my hubby, the only thing I'm concerned about is him using 'my' washing machine! He's not great at separating colours bless him.

Will I be able to be wheeled about in a wheelchair if I can't walk very much or will that hurt with the bumps etc? My husband suggested it as my friends can push the pushchair with my kids in it so I thought that may be an option if i really wanted to get out...

Thanks for the pillow suggestion I have already stocked up dance
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 9th September 2013, 8:34 pm

I was lucky in that I recovered really well, yes you are going to being feeling bleurgh - a lot to do with the GA - and you are going to have very little arm strength and movement.

Tbh I felt better pottering around, and I was out walking the dogs, albeit slowly, on day three post op.

It does depend on your pain and also on your pain relief, you may still be taking them on day 5, just don't do too much and rest at regular intervals. If you are feeling achy then you have done too much and need to rest, a really good excuse to have a long lie in!
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th September 2013, 8:43 pm

LJR wrote:I am going to go against the grain and say that I would have happily gone away after my BA.  As you say your husband is geared up to be doing most of the childcare.

Also because you won't be at home you won't be tempted to do any housework!  The children will be more occupied than usual.

The only thing is you won't be able to cycle up and down the hills - tick! - take extra pillows with you and enjoy a leisurely few days x
A BA is a lot less intrusive than uplift babe. There are incision not only in the crease but from the crease to the areola and around the areola also, so there is a lot more to the recovery of an uplift than there is to having a straight forward BA.

Like you, after having a 'ba' after 3 days I was doing great. An uplift is a whole different story hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 9th September 2013, 8:49 pm

Thank you, that's really helpful.

I tell you I deserve a good lie in!

Which pain meds do they give you? I think I've tried them all but I'm normally on tramadol - by that I mean it doesn't effect me any more as I take it regularly so if I have to take that it won't effect my head. I know what I mean ha ha! 

Wow walking the dogs on day 3! I will aspire to that. My mum just text to say my dad was worried about me being on my own on day 2 so he is coming to look after me while my mum has the kids. Will I be that bad that I need looking after? I mean will I be able to do normal day to day tasks like going to the loo?

Sorry for all the questions, in sure you've answered them all before! X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 9th September 2013, 8:51 pm

Thanks cookie. I will bear it in mind, as you said it is more intrusive so my recovery will probably be longer and harder. I'm having overs too will that help as I heard that unders are more painful? 

I'm going to irritate you all with my million questions sorry x
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th September 2013, 9:07 pm

Honestly... Until you have YOUR surgery Lisa, you simply aren't going to know lovely. This is why I advise to expect the worst and if you get a good recovery its a definite bonus. No pressure on yourself to meet targets and to take your recovery a day at a time and you'll do great hun.

We are ALL different and we will ALL have different recoveries, whether that's having partials or overs.

I've been here a long time and seen thousands of women comes through here. Some women having overs like myself when I had my first BA have a fab recovery, some women like LJR who had partial will also have a fab recovery... On the flip side, some women having overs I've seen here take two weeks to get over the surgery and I've seen the same with partials too.

Its a very independent thing Lisa. If you have a great recovery, you'll have a good time being able to sit and watch. If you have a recovery that's going to take a little more time to get over this surgery, you'll have a fab time away from the same old four walls and will have a nice change of scenery to get yourself out and enjoy short walks on.

So its going to be a win-win babe, whatever happens. I just don't want you getting your hopes up and then maybe not being up to doing what you want to do because I've seen the repercussions of women doing that hun when they come down with a huge crash as I talked about in previous posts.

Just take things one day at a time and don't compare your recovery to anyone else's babe and you'll be alright. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 9th September 2013, 9:19 pm

Cookie - yes you are absolutely right, I am sorry if I have given any wrong advice x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 9th September 2013, 9:49 pm

Thank you for always taking the time to reply to me Hug 

I know what you mean and I will hope for a good recovery and if I don't have a good one then I won't get my hopes up.

I had said I would take a few of my friends up in my car so we take 2 cars as I have an automatic but now I'm thinking its really not a good idea to be driving for an hour 5 days post op even if I've promised it and I will have to ask them to get the train.

I sometimes think I'm invincible and maybe I should be a bit more realistic! 

Not at all ljr. It is great to have your experience to aspire to! As cookie said we are all different and I will just have to wait to see how I feel.

I will be doing it all with new boobies anyway yaaaay!!

Thanks again guys xxxxxxxxx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down