Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women should celebrate uniqueness

5 posters

Go down

Women should celebrate uniqueness  Empty Women should celebrate uniqueness

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 11:58 am

I have a dream. A dream that women will see, behold and embrace their individual beauty, and celebrate it.

Women are amazing beings, but many seem at odds with what they look like, lack confidence and are blinded to their strengths.

I can easily find myself in those categories at times, so I try not to judge - but be kind.

We live in a society where looking your age appears frowned upon.

Just try to count the number of hair dyes, cosmetics and skin-tightening products constantly advertised. Read the "fix yourself" headlines screaming from many magazine covers. See how many American actors fit into a "beautiful person" template, not resembling 95 percent of the population.

Alongside these superficial tactics are more serious maneuvers. The number of women getting Botox treatments (shots of botulism which temporarily paralyze muscles under the skin) has risen dramatically, with statistics showing its increased popularity with girls in their 20s, long before wrinkles have even shown up on their faces.

Plastic surgery is still on the rise, with a total of 14.6 million procedures performed in 2012. Minimally invasive practices such as chemical peels, soft tissue fillers and laser hair removal accounted for the majority with surgical operations such as breast augmentation, facelifts and liposuction making up the rest.

Not only do we eschew aging, but we are a society that believes if you don't like the nose/breasts/shape you were born with, let a surgeon "fix" it.

I've always been pretty low maintenance on the vanity scale. I wear very little makeup, sometimes don't even bother to blow-dry my hair, and while I like wearing pretty clothes, I typically can be found in casual attire (read: gym clothes). I don't fight aging and at 49, I can see its signs pretty clearly, but I appreciate how I look.

I have only a few gray hairs amidst a shiny melange of natural colors and I am physically strong and healthy. When I look in the mirror, I see my wrinkles and imperfections, but I'm more than okay with it because reflecting back is me in all my one-of-a-kind glory.

I'm not saying women shouldn't aspire to look good, which in turn, can lead to feeling good. But all too often, lovely intelligent women seem to believe they don't measure up if they don't follow a glamour protocol.

I see their beauty inside and out. My fear is they do not.

Women complain frequently about their shortfalls. It is their perspective, although not necessarily reality. Sometimes those seem like the same thing, but they're not.

Case in point, my husband has never noticed when I'm having a bad hair day. He only ever sees my beauty, and I'm lucky he tells me so every chance he gets. I'm pretty sure no one notices my uncooperative hair more than I do, and we can apply this concept universally to mean no one thinks your thighs are unsightly, your wrinkles should be eliminated and your birthmark removed. They probably don't think less of you if you eat a dessert, wear your hair in a ball cap to run errands or don't exercise more.

Part of what makes women so beautiful is their amazing fortitude. They juggle multiple responsibilities and roles with grace, efficiency and expertise. They often possess a physical and mental strength clearly visible to the outside world but absent from their own perspective because they are laser focused on what they lack.

All of us have shortcomings, and it's healthy to honestly assess what we can improve, but it's also important to consider our strengths and own them. Believing in ourselves leads to confidence - in how we look, act and perform - and is not based on whether we wear make up, are thinner than our coworkers or have a year-round tan.

If you find you are being critical of yourself or others, comparing yourself or competing against others, it's a strong indicator you have lost your way.

If you are scheduling yet another cosmetic procedure, starving yourself or trading sleep for workouts, you have forgotten how beautiful and perfect you are in this moment.

If you are constantly complaining, it will only breed contempt for yourself and further complaints, creating a never-ending cycling of weakness and deficiency.

I'm here to tell you ladies: You are good enough. You are wise. You are insightful. You are brave. You are powerful. You are tough. You are a force. And because you are uniquely you, you are exquisite.

Source HERE

If you find you are being critical of yourself or others, comparing yourself or competing against others, it's a strong indicator you have lost your way
Think this reporter has lost her way :doh: Hysterical 

Could she be more critical?!!!! Lol.

And whilst she's busy critising us! One of my own pet hates that this women states she does is wear 'gym wear' rather than to get properly dressed!

Gyms wear is for the gym! Not everyday day. So whilst she may call all pf us 'superficial', I call her pretty damn lazy - GET DRESSED!
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Women should celebrate uniqueness  Empty Re: Women should celebrate uniqueness

Post by Becciann84 8th September 2013, 12:52 pm

Hahaha I agree... I think this is all an excuse so she can walk around looking like a slob with messy hair and no one can say anything! Well if she feels good like that, then that's her prerogative, but I personally want to look nice :) x
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 8th September 2013, 2:05 pm

Legal ha ha ha well said Cookie that was brilliant xxx
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 8th September 2013, 2:06 pm

Legal?!  Stoopid predicted text! Should've read LMAO doh!
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 8th September 2013, 2:36 pm

Well well I for one like to look nice, makes me feel good on the inside if I look good on the outside........ Sounds like waynetta slobb!!!!!!!  And I will continue in the quest to make myself look better..........
That did make me laugh though cookie, I thought you were writing it, then it said she was 49 and the penny dropped..... Having a blonde day today!!!!!xx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 4:44 pm

Bizzyboobs wrote: I thought you were writing it, then it said she was 49 and the penny dropped..... xx
You thought I walked around in a tracky with a head like a birds nest?!!!! Shocked 

Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sassysazzle 8th September 2013, 5:24 pm

Phaha haha!!
Sassysazzle
Sassysazzle
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 8th September 2013, 5:53 pm

Oh no not at all, I'm sure that came after the mention of being 49........... Hahahahahahaha...
I've seen a pic of you anyway cookie and I know you're very glamorous.....
Hope I'm digging myself out this hole.....am I? 
That has made me laugh so much.... You are funny........
Oh dear!!!!! Trust me!!!!  Hahahahahahaha
No more cookie advice for me....doh!!!!!
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 6:16 pm

Too funny Bizzy. I near wet me tracky pants reading you then Hysterical Hysterical 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee123 8th September 2013, 7:00 pm

Loved reading these post.. Hysterical
Lee123
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 8th September 2013, 9:03 pm

Foes list for me I think......... Oh dear!!!! 
I can see myself in a shallow grave shouting " I'm a breast buddie, get me outta here" hahahahahahaha xx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 9:07 pm

*throws me p*ssy tricky pants and a ball full of nesty hair at Bizzy* HMPH!

Hysterical 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 8th September 2013, 9:10 pm

Hahahahahahaha
I'm forgiven then?xxxxx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th September 2013, 9:12 pm

Awwwww there was nothing to forgive babe. I just like throwing p*ssy trackys at people Hysterical  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 8th September 2013, 9:13 pm

Hahahahahahaha
I love you cookie!!!!!! Xxx
Bizzyboobs