Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

women who have had complications

+2
mais04
Nicole
6 posters

Go down

women who have had complications Empty women who have had complications

Post by Nicole 9th January 2013, 8:07 am

The company I am going through for my consultation on Friday offer 1 year aftercare. The surgeon is BAAPS/BAPRAS registered and I know that most BAAPS surgeons offer this length of aftercare but I'm a worrier! I was just wondering, for people who did have complications, when in the healing process did the complications develop? Was it well within 1 year post op? And are there any problems that typically occur a few years down the line that I need to consider?
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

women who have had complications Empty Re: women who have had complications

Post by mais04 9th January 2013, 9:01 am

Not so much 'typically' but as far as i know problems with ruptures and CC can occur after the 1year mark xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 9th January 2013, 9:10 am

yeah i think things can happen outwith the year mark, i was so small before and they struggled to get the implants in that my surgeon said i will be one of the women who might not see the results im looking to 6month to a year after op so if i only had a year aftercare id be worried that id see my results so late on and then not be able to have anything fixed or corrected cause my aftercare might have ran out, if that makes sense xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 9th January 2013, 9:25 am

A lot of companies will cover you for capsular contracture for the first 3 years.. It can occur at any time and certain things increase the risk. I would possibly ask to clarify does that mean that if your implants rupture at 1 year and 1 day post op they wont cover. If it was me (and i've got complications and rubbish aftercare although it was meant to be for life) i would want longer.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 9th January 2013, 9:56 am

The implants would be covered by their warranty if I ruptured at 1 year 1 day but surgical costs wouldn't be so I'd have to pay out around £3000 again. I'll see how Friday goes, he works with another company who offer 2 years aftercare but they are more expensive. If he's 'the one' it's something I'll need to consider.
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 9th January 2013, 10:05 am

If its important for you to have long aftercare (it was for me because I worry about money constantly) you could always book another consultation with one of the larger companies and see a different surgeon just to check xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 9th January 2013, 10:15 am

ask why they arent giving a longer aftercare policy when other companies do.. They will want your business.. dont be afraid to haggle for what you want.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 9th January 2013, 11:06 am

I think it's because he's a BAPRAS surgeon so the experience of the surgeon should reduce risk of complication. It's standard for most BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons to give 1 year aftercare it's mainly the commercial companies that offer the longer aftercare. So many different things to consider! I do want a BAPRAS surgeon but longer aftercare would give me better peace of mind. Hmmmmm
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 9th January 2013, 11:49 am

Maybe have a look at mybreast? I think their aftercare is a bit longer xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 9th January 2013, 11:54 am

yeah i just rang them and i've got an appointment today!! with Adrian Richards :) woop. Just gota get ready and set off, excited!!
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 9th January 2013, 12:04 pm

I have a 2 year aftercare, I obvisoulybahd a complication a few weeks after my original surgery and had re op within a couple of months, all free of charge. (bar implant as paid for bigger)

Miles berry works for cosmetic surgery partners as mine, mr Percival does, are you seeing him through them or him direct?

And as for him being bapras registered and reduced risk of complications I don't think is true , Unfourtnatly you can suffer complications even with the best Hun, you can't predict wether you will get cc, or a rupture .

Good luck today , and for Friday! X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 9th January 2013, 12:10 pm

I'm seeing him through aurora (which Adrian Richards owns) cos the consultation was free. Their website states 1 year aftercare but obviously I'll get it confirmed on Friday, if he is 'the one' I think I'll go with him through CSP cos of longer aftercare but they wanted £100 consultation fee xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 9th January 2013, 12:29 pm

You could have maybe got the 100 pound knocked off the final price, but if you get a free consulation and he is the one then great, yes csp do a 2year aftercare x good luck Hun! X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 9th January 2013, 12:57 pm

if he is the one i don't mind paying £100 to see him again through csp but didn't want to pay it and for him not to be the one. Thank you! Just off to make some lunch and then i'll be setting off to see Mr Richards :) xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th January 2013, 1:20 pm

newboobz wrote:I think it's because he's a BAPRAS surgeon so the experience of the surgeon should reduce risk of complication. It's standard for most BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons to give 1 year aftercare it's mainly the commercial companies that offer the longer aftercare. So many different things to consider! I do want a BAPRAS surgeon but longer aftercare would give me better peace of mind. Hmmmmm

Have a look at surgeons in MyBreast babe. They're all BAAPS registered and you'll get longer aftercare there.

You also have to weigh things up too.... You only have to look here at the amount of complications we see here from the commercial clinics compared those of clinics or private using BAAPS surgeon. You see very few back from Spire/private and MyBreast lovely x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down