Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exercise

+2
Bizzyboobs
missvmac28
6 posters

Go down

Exercise Empty Exercise

Post by missvmac28 7th September 2013, 3:25 pm

Hi ladies. So I'm 4 weeks post op on weds, and am feeling a bit rubbish as my tum is expanding. It's always the first place I put weight on and as I've done no exercise at all the weight is creeping on. I was wondering if I would be ok to start some gentle exercise at the gym? Maybe the bike or something that doesn't use my arms? I didn't really get strict advice from my surgeon regarding exercise he just said no lifting which I have been careful of around the house and in work etc. I know I won't be up to running or anything but just looking for a bit of advice re gentle exercise for the next couple of weeks? Thanks xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 497

Back to top Go down

Exercise Empty Re: Exercise

Post by Bizzyboobs 7th September 2013, 3:37 pm

I had a long chat with my surgeon about this, I would probably ring and ask him. They all say different as everyone heals different. 
I do lots of running was told no, no for 6 weeks he said I could walk briskly on treadmill at 3-4 weeks, but my weight lifting, kettlercise, metafit, boxing6 weeks.... However he said the bike would be o.k, if I took it steady again at 3-4 weeks. But a lot of it was the 6 week mark......
I'm just going to start steady..... I went through all this at my 2 consultations, as it bothers me the most. I'm so active and to do nothing is going to be hard but I won't jeopardise my recovery........ 
So hard though I totally understand what you mean, it freaks me out. Xx
How are you feeling now? Xx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 7th September 2013, 4:00 pm

Hiya, 

I also asked this at my consultations and my surgeon said I could do lower body exercise after 2 weeks then upper body after 4 weeks - as I go the gym 5 times a week at the moment (Personal training, Body Pump, Body Combat, CX worx and spin). I know I'm going to be climbing the walls not being able to do much in the first few weeks!!!!!!!!
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 7th September 2013, 4:05 pm

Thanks for that girls, might be best to ring and ask as you say!! I feel really well thanks bizzy, can go through most of the day with little/no discomfort. But I forgot and ran for the lift in work the other day and straight away felt a pull on my chest. So I know I'm not ready for running yet haha. I was thinking the bike might be ok as it is lower body and doesn't involve much movement of boobs as running does! It is frustrating but as you say we don't want to jeopardise our recoveries! xx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 7th September 2013, 5:37 pm

Only do what your surgeon recommends x

I am cycling and running, but we all have different implants and healing and your surgeon is the only person who can give you that advice.

It is a relatively short period of time to wait, it would be silly to risk complications x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 7th September 2013, 5:45 pm

LJR how long did you wait until running?
I've put on nearly a stone over the past 9 weeks...ok i've not exercised at all..not one bit. And i have also whilst sitting on the sofa binged on chocolate and crap. I have 6 weeks til i hit the beach and need to get off my ass (which has spread massively) and get back to it. My surgeon said pre op not to run or anything for 3 months but when i emailed him just over a week ago he said try jogging with a VERY supportive bra and see how it feels. Thinking this week i am going to begin couch to 5k (for the 2nd time) or get in my personal trainer to sort me out.
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 276
Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 7th September 2013, 5:54 pm

clazabella wrote:LJR how long did you wait until running?
I've put on nearly a stone over the past 9 weeks...ok i've not exercised at all..not one bit. And i have also whilst sitting on the sofa binged on chocolate and crap. I have 6 weeks til i hit the beach and need to get off my ass (which has spread massively) and get back to it. My surgeon said pre op not to run or anything for 3 months but when i emailed him just over a week ago he said try jogging with a VERY supportive bra and see how it feels. Thinking this week i am going to begin couch to 5k (for the 2nd time) or get in my personal trainer to sort me out.
I was allowed to start cycling after my 12 day check, and he said I could start running whenever I felt comfortable - I started last week. I wear a Triumph Extreme that really really holds my boobs in place, and also I don't have huge implants.

No upper body exercise until at least 3 months, I am thinking maybe in the new year tbh, quite happy doing cardio at the moment.

The first time I went running I was expecting to be a bit sore the next day, but no problems x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th September 2013, 7:03 pm

NOTHING is worth risking your final result for babe.

You've only two weeks of recovery left before you can start excercising again!!!!

If you're eating well and walking everyday day without snacking babe, you won't be putting any weight on. If you feel your belly is a little bloated - DONT WORRY ABOUT IT! It WILL go back to has it was pre-BA, you just have to be sensible and patient and prioritise! Right now its your boobs and not your belly that need the attention!

You've waited I'm presuming a long time for your boobs.
You've just paid one heck of a lot of money for your boobs
You've just put yourself through some major surgery to get them!
You're only 2 weeks from the end of your recovery.

Is excercise and your belly which you KNOW you can sort when your recovery is over really that important to you? Or is the best result you could possibly have from seeing out your recovery and doing the best you can to hep achieve that best result to get those boobs, you waited for, paid for, put yourself through surgery for and have got through so much of your recovery already really worth risking right now for the sake of two weeks?

Give it some thought babe, speak with your surgeon and and take things from there.

Remember if you work out without permission you then risk the possibility of making your aftercare void also. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by missvmac28 7th September 2013, 7:29 pm

I know, thanks cookie, I've emailed the surgeons PA to ask what his usual advice is regarding exercise as I have never been told, will go along with whatever they reply. You're right that it's not worth jeopardising recovery and if this is the case I will definitely wait until the recommended time.

xxx
missvmac28
missvmac28
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down