Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things I worry about...

4 posters

Go down

Things I worry about... Empty Things I worry about...

Post by IsabellExpat 1st August 2013, 6:36 pm

I know my search for the right surgeon will come to an end soon as I'm booked for consultation this month with 2 well known surgeons.
As soon as I have decided which one it will be I'm going to book my surgery but there are a few things I would like your opinion about before I book.
Probably stupid things, but that's the beauty with this forum, that I can ask anything and not feel embarrassed :ok: 

Many surgeons seems to have 4,5,6 operations done in one day. My husband was in for surgery at 5pm when he did his face lift and wasn't ready until 10pm.
I know how I feel when I've worked 6-10 hours and that is everything but focused.
Surgeons probably are more of "super humans" than I am but I really don't want to be the nr 6 case the day I'm going to let someone cut in my body.
I really feel it would be so embarrassing to ask the surgeon to take me as nr 2 or just after lunch Blush  But this really is on my mind a lot.

If my surgery goes wrong, how long do I have to wait to have it fixed? Is it 6 months generally?
And who is paying for what? If it's something wrong with the implants , I get new implants for free but I pay for the surgeon and the hospital? 
And if they for example are uneven, will the surgeon correct this as "good will"?
And what happens if I'm just unhappy with the result but the surgeon think I look ok?

Isabell Give You 
(sorry about my English)
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Things I worry about... Empty Re: Things I worry about...

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2013, 6:51 pm

Many surgeons seems to have 4,5,6 operations done in one day. My husband was in for surgery at 5pm when he did his face lift and wasn't ready until 10pm.
I know how I feel when I've worked 6-10 hours and that is everything but focused.
Surgeons probably are more of "super humans" than I am but I really don't want to be the nr 6 case the day I'm going to let someone cut in my body.
I really feel it would be so embarrassing to ask the surgeon to take me as nr 2 or just after lunch Blush  But this really is on my mind a lot.

You can always request to be 1st on the list Isabell, but whether or not you will be will be at your surgeons discretion, but.... Of you don't ask, you don't get do you.

Surgeons will generally operate on those with health problems or allergies first, then everyone else comes after that.

If my surgery goes wrong, how long do I have to wait to have it fixed? Is it 6 months generally?

Depending on the surgeon and your healing, if a revision is required its generally between 6 to 12 months before revision would be considered to allow for your body to recover from the surgery.

And who is paying for what? If it's something wrong with the implants , I get new implants for free but I pay for the surgeon and the hospital? 
And if they for example are uneven, will the surgeon correct this as "good will"?

You'll have to check the 'Aftercare' that the clinic offers Isabell. Do check thoroughly, some say they offer lifetime aftercare but there's no such thing, this will only ever apply to consultations not to complications, they are generally only covered from about 1 to 3 years depending on the clinic. If you're choosing a BAAPS surgeon, then ask if they are a part of the ASC insurance scheme (only available to BAAPS surgeons) for a small fee (about £150) you can get an additional 2 years cover that starts 'after' the clinics aftercare runs out.

If you should have any complications that are covered by your aftercare (do get your aftercare in writing) then all surgery costs will be covered. The surgery will be entirely free Isabell.

And what happens if I'm just unhappy with the result but the surgeon think I look ok?

There's nothing you can do about this Isabell. This is why taking in pictures of the 'look' you like is so important pre-op, so you can get across to your surgeon exactly what you're wanting from this surgery. In having a visual that you can both see and discuss it leaves neither of you in no doubt that you're reading from the same page, so hopefully you will result in the look you want.

Aftercare doesn't cover revision if you're not happy with the result aesthetically. It will only cover complications that may arise from having the surgery.

(sorry about my English)

Your English is perfect babe Give You 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 1st August 2013, 7:21 pm

Thanks so much cookie! Your answers really are valuable as gold!
I will ask about the after care and have it in writing but will ask here on this forum if it seems to be ok before I book surgery.

About being the last patient of the day, maybe I can ask to  have surgery before 3 pm as I'm a very worried patient. (which is true, I think I'm going to die every time I have the flu)
So I don't have to wait all day and develop extreme paranoia :)

I'm probably just in a "worried place" right now because I feel it's getting closer and closer....

Thank God I found this forum!
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 1st August 2013, 7:25 pm

Awww I'm sure if you put lots of emphasis on how anxious you will be due to any waiting they'll do all they can to fit you in nearer the top of the list as its possible babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st August 2013, 7:25 pm

I have had the same thoughts as you relating to worrying that the surgeon will be tired if I'm not first on the list but they do it everyday and I think they will realise how important what they are doing actually is so hopefully they will be alert even if we are last on the list! 
Your English is amazing also :) hope you find a surgeon soon! Good luck xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 1st August 2013, 7:33 pm

Thank God someone had the same thoughts a me!!

Maybe I can bring a redbull and a chocolate bar to give the surgeon before my surgery? Hi hi...
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 1st August 2013, 7:36 pm

Haha!! That made me laugh!! Subtle hint to make sure he's wide awake!! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cheekychickan 1st August 2013, 8:19 pm

I didn't have the best surgery day experience, it all started with getting left in the waiting room for an hour!

When my surgeon came to see me he explained that he would get to me as soon as possible but had a big op before me... A little later the anesthetist came in he too explained they would get to me but had a busy afternoon... I was booked in 12:30pm, by 5pm i was panicking a bit that i had been forgotten. Any way 6pm came and i was on my way!
The staff in theater were lovely but all mentioned how late they were running which really  got to me - i thought i was gonna be rushed and everything was gonna go wrong, i even question the nurse on what she had eaten for lunch just in case they were hungry and left me for a snack!
If i hadn't been alone i think i prob would have gone home... BUT i am Soooo glad i didn't!
I can already tell my boobs are perfect for me, my incisions are so tiny and neat and when i woke up although both in their civvies my surgeon and anesthetist waited for me to come around for a quick chat before they went home

See - last one of the day and lived to tell the tale :D xx
cheekychickan
cheekychickan
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 1st August 2013, 9:13 pm

Thanks for that answer cheekychickan! That's exactly what I want to hear.
As I wrote, my husband was also really late for his face lift and the result is perfect. 
But what you described is a situation that would make me run. Nobody wants to be the "oh no I have to do one more before I can get home to dinner" when it comes to surgery.
But we trust our surgeons, thats why we put so much effort in choosing them.

I have an issue with trusting people, that's probably why I worry.

(this forum is therapy) :)
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 3rd August 2013, 12:15 pm

My brain is on "worrying mode" again....
Does anyone know how many of the breast surgeries that goes as planned and the patient is happy with the result?
Is it 2 in 10 or more 8 in 10?

I understand this is a difficult question and I'm not asking about "real" statistics here but only what impressions you have.
When I search as much on the internet as I do is easy to get the impression that surgery goes wrong very often.

In my mind now, it feels like I have a 25% chance of getting the breasts I hope for. 

Isabell Von Paranoia
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 3rd August 2013, 1:41 pm

I'm not sure how many go right compared to going wrong but I think it's important to remember that women are more likely to write a report and look for support if something goes wrong which is why you see bad reviews, the happy ones go on to live their happy everyday lives... You should trust your surgeon and go into the surgery feeling 100% confident he will do the best job for you! Hundreds of thousands of BA's happen every year and on the whole a successful procedure xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 3rd August 2013, 5:42 pm

I think you are right! 
And after the PIP scandal many of the "not so serious" surgeons probably did more operations than they normally would have done. 
Many girls probably was very desperate to get their implants out as quick as possible and choose a surgeon that could do the job ASAP. 

I think forums like this is really good for us women that plan to do surgery but also for the serious and professional surgeons.
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2013, 11:24 am

IsabellExpat wrote:My brain is on "worrying mode" again....
Does anyone know how many of the breast surgeries that goes as planned and the patient is happy with the result?
Is it 2 in 10 or more 8 in 10?

I understand this is a difficult question and I'm not asking about "real" statistics here but only what impressions you have.
When I search as much on the internet as I do is easy to get the impression that surgery goes wrong very often.

In my mind now, it feels like I have a 25% chance of getting the breasts I hope for. 

Isabell Von Paranoia

There actually has been a recent study done lovely yes  and I'm sure you'll be VERY pleased to know that a massive 98.1% of women are either happy with their result or their result exceeded their expectations

You can read about the study [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 4th August 2013, 2:51 pm

I did NOT expect that Cookie! 98.1% is A LOT!
This is exactly the information I need now.
Thanks!
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th August 2013, 5:29 pm

No problem babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down