Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

losing weight before surgery

3 posters

Go down

losing weight before surgery Empty losing weight before surgery

Post by lumpybumpy 15th July 2013, 1:30 pm

i'm planning on losing 2 stone before i have my op, i put on weight earlier this year when finishing off my masters degree as i became addicted to custard creams and kebabs Shocked lol so i want to get the excess off before i have surgery to get back to my 'happy' weight. so far ive lost half a stone so only around 20lbs left which is more than doable by end of october (when i plan to have op). however, ive booked my consultations for 2 weeks time because i wanted to get the ball rolling but now im thinking am i wasting the surgeons time as i'll probably have to have another consult to get re-measured when i lose weight.

im not sure how big a difference the weight loss will make in determining implant size but im in two minds whether to cancel and rebook in say 6 weeks time when im nearer my goal weight or whether just to have the initial consult as planned and go back for sizing nearer the surgery date. has anyone else done this? xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

losing weight before surgery Empty Re: losing weight before surgery

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 1:46 pm

Ohh I love a good custard cream!! :)

It is normally recommened I think to be around the weight you want to be before implants because if you have them and then put on loads of weight or lose a lot it will affect the look. I think its around a stone either way but more than that then you risk the rippling look. ( I also think it depends on the body shape)

I think you have two options really.
1- go to the consultation and tell him your aim to loose the weight. If you do book with him (you might not) then you can book another consultation nearer the date to examine you again and check to see if your still going with the right size. it will still be good experience

or 2- like you said postpone the consultation a bit longer so you can meet him at more of the ideal weight.
If I was in your shoes I would most likely go ahead still to get the ball rolling and then that's experience, he may not even be the one?

Im aiming to loose half a stone, I last met my surgeon on the 2nd of July and my BA is in September and even though my surgeon is taking in two sizes, it should affect me
Good luckxx
Good luck xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th July 2013, 1:50 pm

Your weight makes a big difference hun.

There's no harm however in going to see surgeons now, choosing the surgeon you want and securing your date if this is what you want, but be sure to explain your aim for your weight loss to you surgeon and arrange a second consultation nearer your surgery date and when you plan to have lost the weight so your surgeon can then secure a surgery plan for the weight you are then babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 15th July 2013, 2:51 pm

thanks both, i think i'll keep the bookings for now as jen said i can just see whether i want to book either surgeon then have a follow-up consult when i shift the weight. im so excited about having the consultations finally so im hoping that seeing a surgeon will give me more incentive to shed the extra lbs! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 2:54 pm

Aww it definitly helped me, when you see the shape the implants give you in the bra, you think wow... And you want to make them look as good as possible so loosing weight is an incentive like you just said! Enjoy it and let us know how it goes! :D xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 15th July 2013, 3:02 pm

yeah thats true trying the implants will help. i tried rice boobies on the wkend but didnt find they helped. also bought nuts magazine to find the ideal boobs but no inspiration from there either! i dont know what to do! my shape is like kim kardashian (nowhere near as nice as hers tho lol!) so i want to be balanced out, thinking of maybe taking a pic of her in a bikini as doubt id find any topless ones! i feel like a perv googling boob pics lol! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 3:06 pm

Lool me too! I had all these boobs saved on my laptop! Felt like a perv but I didn't really find any of the nuts girls that helpful because although I don't want fake, I do want perky and I found that because they were quite big and natural they wasn't as round as I wanted lol! I'm curvy too and that was my biggest thing - wanting to look in proportion with the rest of me! We will look great with our new boobs!! :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 15th July 2013, 3:10 pm

that's what i want to achieve, some proportion! i'll always have bigger thighs and bum but if my boobs are balanced i'll be happier with my shape. if i just trim down and tone i'll feel excited about adding to my curves rather than worrying that i'll still be overweight for the op. bet you're looking forward to the op now, must be great to be on countdown! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 3:12 pm

Same as me! It's my hips that bother me most so I'm trying to tone them down aswell :) i know I can't wait, booked in may so its coming around slowly, if your in October won't be long for you either :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 15th July 2013, 3:14 pm

yes its coming round quicker than i thought! ideally my aim is for october but all depends on the surgeons and if i like them but if it does go well then roughly end of october it'll be, ready for xmas hopefully! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th July 2013, 3:15 pm

Yer well there's no rush :) I'm sure your always find a date so just enjoy your journey and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all goes :D xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down