Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Polyurethane implants/furry brazilians safe ?

+5
5stonedown
BetterThanToast
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
Lozzykins
9 posters

Go down

Polyurethane implants/furry brazilians safe ? Empty Polyurethane implants/furry brazilians safe ?

Post by Lozzykins 9th July 2013, 12:30 pm

Hi girls

I'm due to have polytech microthane implants (also known as polyurethane implants I think) and are similar to furry brazilians. 

Cc kat uses them and so does my surgeon Sultan hassan and I wanted to check they are safe as I'm been reading scary stuff abouts them being a carcinogenic to cancer. 

I'm scared now and want to check they are safe please and any experiences you girls have had with them. 

Thanks xxx
Lozzykins
Lozzykins
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

Polyurethane implants/furry brazilians safe ? Empty Re: Polyurethane implants/furry brazilians safe ?

Post by COOKIE 9th July 2013, 12:38 pm

There was a HUGE scandal a long time ago now about the use of polyeurothane implants and links to cancer and these implants were actually removed from the market for a while... However, a lot of research and hard work has gone into these implants of late to ensure their saftey giving silimeds 'Sientra' implant FDA approval.

Since then the polyeurothane implants have come back in popularity due to their reduced risk of CC which is probably the one complication aside from ruptures that can happen at any time after surgery.

They're safe lovely, so don't worry. After what happened last time and with the latest PIP scandal they just couldn't afford not to be. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Polyurethane implants/furry brazilians safe ? Empty Re: Polyurethane implants/furry brazilians safe ?

Post by jenniferrf1 9th July 2013, 12:58 pm

Hi Lozzy, I have never researched or looked into those implants very much simply for the reason that I was never offered them. I have seen a few girls here have them and have been very happy with their results. When I first joined this forum and didn't know anything I remember reading about them and there were positive comments so I thought I want them too lol :)

Like cookie says, after the PIP scandal they cannot afford not to be safe. We are always told things such as this leads to cancer or this can make you ill...
Hopefully some girls will be along soon who have had them, but don't worry, Both surgeons mentioned have great reputations and would not risk this xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by BetterThanToast 9th July 2013, 1:34 pm

Hi lozzykins, I've just had furry brazilians! I did quiz my surgeon beforehand especially after the pip scandal. I think it was in the 70's that they were removed from the market. As cookie said they were looking into a link to cancer so these have been well researched.
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozzykins 9th July 2013, 5:24 pm

Thanks girls ! So there is no extra risk in having these implants compared to any other implants e.g allergan ? 

Sorry I don't mean to go on I just panicked. 

Betterthantoast are you happy with yours? :D bet they look amazing ! Xxx
Lozzykins
Lozzykins
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th July 2013, 5:30 pm

They're fine Lozzy yes  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by BetterThanToast 9th July 2013, 5:35 pm

I'm too wrapped up at the moment to see them, I have a bra, strap and binder on at the mo.

What I can see I'm happy with tho.

I believe they have a reduced risk of capsular contracture as Cookie said. There was a thread on here fairly recently about furry brazilians (lol love that name) but I'm on my phone so can't search to post the link at the mo. If you type furry brazilians in the search box to the top right of the forum the thread should come up :)
BetterThanToast
BetterThanToast
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 202

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 9th July 2013, 5:49 pm

I have the Silimed polyurethane implants and I love mine. I had Mrs Kat and I did loads of research on them. Pacemakers and various other medical devices are made out of the same substance and it is safe to be in the human body.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 9th July 2013, 6:31 pm

I was a bit worried about them at first but I am happy with the results - 5stonedown I didn't know that about pacemakers that is really interesting xx
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozzykins 9th July 2013, 7:48 pm

Thank you girls for the advice I'm def going to have them :D xxxx
Lozzykins
Lozzykins
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 9th July 2013, 7:54 pm

I agree with the others: they are totally safe. They have been approved by the FDA (which they most definitely would not if they weren't safe) and are very widely used across Australia and some other countries. A lot of surgeons use them post-CC or for reconstructive work but the surgeon I had uses them 99% of the time now. They vary quite a lot from other implants in that they are slower to drop so you need to think about that, as I think it'll take a lot of patience but the risk of CC is reduced because the velco texture fuses with the tissue, and I think they're particularly good for teardrop implants as they don't rotate as much. xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by Lozzykins 10th July 2013, 6:07 pm

Thanks for your comments girls ! I'm hoping to book in the next hour :) just waiting on a phone call from them yay! XX
Lozzykins
Lozzykins
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 10th July 2013, 6:14 pm

how exciting lozzy, enjoy the feeling of having booked!! :) x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by friedeggs 15th July 2013, 10:03 am

I have them and I'm only a month post op and they look so natural nobody knows I've had a BA & I luv them they hav already softened up a bit since the beginning but I've heard they take longer to soften than other implants anyway so I'm looking forward to them softening even more as time goes on xxx
friedeggs
friedeggs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down