Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for ladies who have had their surgery...

+10
jenniferrf1
Lottie835
tinkerbell24
halo
COOKIE
Lisa34
Emilyrose20
greymare
Pammie85
Midgiebites
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question for ladies who have had their surgery... Empty Question for ladies who have had their surgery...

Post by Midgiebites 10th June 2013, 9:22 pm

Hi Ladies,
Have really enjoyed reading through your experiences. I have a question about recovery,

Discussed everything with the consultant today and he said that I shouldn't have too much pain and should be fine to go back to work after a few days, so the op is booked for the Saturday and I am due back at work on the Thurs and Fri and then off again until the following Thurs and Fri. Does this sound realistic?

Thanks in advance,

xxx wavey
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Question for ladies who have had their surgery... Empty Re: Question for ladies who have had their surgery...

Post by Pammie85 10th June 2013, 9:27 pm

Depends what u do for a job? I went back after 10 days xx
Pammie85
Pammie85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 808

Back to top Go down

Question for ladies who have had their surgery... Empty Re: Question for ladies who have had their surgery...

Post by greymare 10th June 2013, 9:48 pm

Hi Hun
I had overs was told I could go back after a few days, I was fine after the op but a week later I had the most pain and the tramadol made me feel rubbish so ended up been off work 2 weeks
X
greymare
greymare
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 78

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 11th June 2013, 6:07 am

I'm a nurse. I,ll let the ward know tho and won't push trolleys etc xxx
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 11th June 2013, 6:07 am

Also they are partials xxx
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pammie85 11th June 2013, 6:41 am

It's hard to judge how you will be though hun as we were all very different I was very tired and led on the sofa for about a week, the pain wasn't too bad I was just shattered xx
Pammie85
Pammie85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 808

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilyrose20 11th June 2013, 7:10 am

I'm on post op day 8 and there is noway I could go back to work yet, I still struggle to bend, as far as pain goes I don't really have any and am not taking pain meds anymore but I can' even drive my car yet! lol x
Emilyrose20
Emilyrose20
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 11th June 2013, 7:12 am

Hmm it affects everyone differently, some girls are good to go back after a few days, some need 2 weeks off! I had unders and felt fine after a few days, but I couldn't open heavy doors, pots, pans etc and when I started driving again at day 10 I struggled with 5th and reverse x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th June 2013, 10:55 am

I very much doubt being a nurse that you'll be fit for work at 5 days post-op hun. If you had a desk job and sit for the entire day then that 'may' be possible depending on healing. But to be on your feet all day at 5 days post-op I think is being a little optimistic hun and I'd personally book the Thursday and Friday off now and go back the following Thursday when you will ready for work.

When you do go back to work you're going to also need a note from your GP to sign you off from any heavy lifting. You won't be able to do any of that for a 6 weeks period hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 11th June 2013, 12:03 pm

I am post op day 5 and i am very tired cant do much in the way of walking around without being tired and mine are overs, so partials i would say slightly more painful and more tiring afterwards? Deffinatly book longer off would be awful for you to go and tire yourself out to much or pull something accidently by stretching to sn xx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 11th June 2013, 12:17 pm

i really wouldnt think that you would make work, the GA can really take it out of you and if you need strong painkillers you will be so so sleepy i had 2 weeks of and could have done with more xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie835 11th June 2013, 2:03 pm

I had 10 days off after 365overs x I could have gone back to work sooner as I have a desk job x But everyone's experience is very different. 10 days is safe. i think 5 is too soon even after a good recovery, sleepy and still in pain and very tight after just 5 days x
Lottie835
Lottie835
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 11th June 2013, 2:59 pm

I really appreciate all the advice, its so helpful being able to speak to others who have experience
xxx
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 11th June 2013, 3:01 pm

Im pre Ba and am planning on ten days. Im having overs which normally arn't as painful as unders but ild rather be safe than sorry because im not telling anyone and i don't want people to wonder whats up with me lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 11th June 2013, 7:20 pm

Im day 9 and had full unders, and im still struggling to lift a 4pint of milk! I took a week off work, but have an agreement with my mgr to work from home for a further 2weeks so I can take it easy and not worry about it (desk jockey). I know this isnt always practical, but Im still exhausted from not sleeping properly, the pain affecting my concentration, not to mention the back pain! I would take a little longer if you can.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 11th June 2013, 7:43 pm

Thanks Charlii
How have you found it so far? The implants I am getting aren't a cc, the are done by weight (nagor impleo HR 300).

What height etc are you and what bra size were u pre op? Sorry for the 20 questions. Are you glad you done it?

I am going to try and get extra time off but I'm not sure how it'll go down?! If I can't the next time I can get done is xmas (with my hols).

I am desperate to get it done, but don't want to be unrealistic and end up letting my work down - the boss would not be a happy bunny!!

Mr Shoaib knows I am a nurse and assured me I would be fine to go back to work. He said because I'm not going crazy big I should be ok.

AAArrrggghhhhh decisions decisions!!

xxx

Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th June 2013, 7:52 pm

Midgiebites wrote:
Mr Shoaib knows I am a nurse and assured me I would be fine to go back to work. He said because I'm not going crazy big I should be ok

Not even your surgeon can give you that kind of assurance if you're looking for a definitive answer lovely. Healing just isn't as simple as that and we will all heal in our own good time.

I know very few who have been OK to get back to full time work on their feet all day at 5 days posts op, for the majority they don't even hit the turning point till a week post-op, so if you're looking to not letting any one down which would be a great possibility at just 5 days off... Realistically you'd have to book that Thursday and Friday off too lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 11th June 2013, 7:55 pm

Yeh I think your right - and nurses deffo make the worst patients!! haha. I'm going to see if I can get them off - if not looks like it might be Dec growl

xxx
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th June 2013, 7:57 pm

Awww if you have to wait at least you'll know it IS going to happen for you babe and whenever that might be.... You're going to LOVE 'EM!! dance
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 11th June 2013, 8:03 pm

Hi Midge, i wanted to have my BA asap aswell, when you start researching it gets so exciting and you want boobs right away...but we have to restrain ourselves haha.
Im waiting until september because im going on holiday to turkey in aug and although different surgeons have different reccomendations, the ones i saw suggested up until 6 months until you have the new boobs in the sun (new skin can burn easy, scars would need to covered etc etc) and if anything went wrong...so i decided to wait until after. Its taking forever but i know that there happening!!
We have another lady on this forum already booked in on the 5th of december... either way, your have boobs soon hun :) xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 11th June 2013, 8:28 pm

I have just emailed my boss regarding the extra 2 days off (I do all my hours over 2 days, so its an extra weeks annual leave) so i'll wait and see. Very doubtful though as its smack bam at the beginning of the summer hols. Yeah you're totally right - I am just little miss impatient! haha. You will all be sick of me by the time Dec comes around!!! haha xxx
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 11th June 2013, 8:49 pm

Hope you can get them off hun! Xx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 12th June 2013, 12:09 pm

Hi ladies, I'm sure some will already know because I have metioned it in other posts (so apologies if I am boring you :flowers:)
I couldn't get the extra time off (as I expected) but my lovely surgeon and his fantastic secretary have managed to push my surgery forward by 4 days!!  Thats leaving me 8 days before I go back to work and I am going to go back for 2 night shifts (as they aren't usually as busy) and then I am off again until the following Thurs Fri.

Sooooo EXCITED!!!!  boobsign
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 12th June 2013, 12:12 pm

That's great hun! Now relax and enjoy the build up to your BA xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th June 2013, 12:13 pm

That's sounds much better for you hun. You'll still need to ensure your employer knows you will not be up to heavy duties babe. No lifting or anything strenuous for 6 weeks, so be prepared to get that note from your GP this is VERY important for your recovery.

If you do heavy duties then you could push back your recovery, or at worst lovely end up back on the operating table, back to square one need a re-op. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next