Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Implant suddenly has moved out of place

3 posters

Go down

Implant suddenly has moved out of place Empty Implant suddenly has moved out of place

Post by Jimmychoos 6th June 2013, 6:39 pm

Hi all...totally new to the forum as until now I've had no problems with my boobs. I'm 4 years post op now and a couple of days ago my left implant moved out of place. It seems to have moved up and away from my body. When I bend forward, my right implant is attached to me but my left one now turns on its side and sits away from me. So essentially I have implants that are perpendicular to each other. I can also now feel the edge of the implant all way around whereas before I couldn't feel it. Does anyone know why implants suddenly move so long after surgery? And can tho be fixed? My ps company are being really slow with getting me an appointment (my ps has also now left te company) and I'm super worried. Are implnt movements dangerous? and can they carry on moving even further out of place? Hoping someone has advice out there... Xxx
Jimmychoos
Jimmychoos
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Implant suddenly has moved out of place Empty Re: Implant suddenly has moved out of place

Post by COOKIE 6th June 2013, 6:44 pm

Welcome to Breast Buddies Jimmychoos wavey

You're not in any danger babe so don't worry Hug

The distortion sounds like CC but I'm not a surgeon lovely so I can't be sure, you're going to have to see a surgeon for that.

It CAN be fixed, but it would require you having to exchange the implant for a new one. If you're covered by aftercare this would be a free replacement, if not, check which implants you have, the cost of the replacement implant may be free but all other costs for surgery if you're not covered by aftercare babe would be yours.

Try googling Breast Augmentation Capsular Contracture hun and see what you think. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Implant suddenly has moved out of place Empty Re: Implant suddenly has moved out of place

Post by Jimmychoos 6th June 2013, 7:17 pm

Thanks cookie. I thought with cc the implant went hard? And I also thought that cc normally only happens within about 3 years post op? I thought I was past that danger :( does cc make the implant just completely change then? Xxx
Jimmychoos
Jimmychoos
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th June 2013, 8:07 pm

CC can happen at anytime whilst the implant is inside you lovely, whether that be one year, 3 years or ten years or more...

Yes, CC can completely distort the shape of your breast. Its possible the implant can rise up, it can feel harder and sometimes painful. But you may not have all the symptoms hun, but from what you described on your opening post it does sound very suspect doesn't it hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 6th June 2013, 9:25 pm

I have to agree with cookie, I'm not a surgeon but the symptoms you describe could be CC.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmychoos 7th June 2013, 1:31 pm

Thanks both...will this gradually get worse over time do you think? Xxx
Jimmychoos
Jimmychoos
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th June 2013, 1:40 pm

Yes hun, the CC will progress as the capsule that's surrounding the implant continues to contract. I'd very much advise you make an appointment to see a surgeon hun and take advise from there.

Please let us know how you get on wont you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmychoos 7th June 2013, 3:10 pm

I've rung my clinic again but they're proving helpless! I've read up that accolate can help...is that something my gp can prescribe? I'm keen to stop this getting any worse. It's stressing me out. Of course ill let you know how I get on :) xxx
Jimmychoos
Jimmychoos
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th June 2013, 5:12 pm

As far as I'm aware babe there's nothing that can prevent CC happening. It's going to happen to us all one day. Implants will generally last around ten years but this can be shorter for some or possibly longer for others, if you do have CC then it's sadly unfortunate that its happened to you so early after being implanted. My first implants only lasted 3 years.. For some that's just how it goes babe :(

You do need to see a surgeon though hun. What implants do you have? And do you have aftercare that you're covered by? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmychoos 7th June 2013, 6:14 pm

I have those faulty pip's which is another worry to add to this whole thing. My aftercare for cc on paper is 3 years post op but the nurse assured me it was 6 years. Not sure how I can prove this without it being written though. I'm also covered for ruptures 6 years post op so I really want to see a surgeon ASAP there just seems to be no urgency from Harley medical xxx
Jimmychoos
Jimmychoos
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th June 2013, 6:34 pm

I think you'll find the same story from most PIP ladies going there hun.

Have you got through and asked for an appointment and been refused?

If they're evading giving you an appointment then the best thing you can do is get it writing, send it registered post so you have proof of asking for an appointment and give them say a seven day window to get back to you babe. They can't ignore your request in writing babe.

In the meantime, I'd also go and see your GP for a referral for a scan. Because you have PIPS they have a duty of care to ensure they're still intact so they should refer you for a scan so you can see if they're ruptured hun.

Unfortunately anything you were told verbally by a nurse at the clinic won't stand babe. Nurses and patient care co-ordinators act as sales women and do embellish things to get a sale from you which was probably what happened there, but unfortunately you'll never be able to actually prove that hun.

So see your GP for a scan, tell you have PIPS and you shouldn't have a problem hun and if you get no joy calling for an appointment, then request one in writing babe.

Really hope you get seen soon.

If you have a look in the PIP support section of the forum you'll also find threads from other ladies with PIPS in there as well as the latest information we have regarding them. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down