Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scar treatment....

+4
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
Daisydee
melstar82
8 posters

Go down

Scar treatment.... Empty Scar treatment....

Post by melstar82 29th May 2013, 7:31 pm

Thought maybe people might be interested in this......

I have been telling a few of the girls about some silicone gel. I was given upon discharge. It was a small tube, kind of just bigger than a trial size. My PS said to apply it after the second week, massage the scars. That silicone gel was the gold standard treatment for scars. They use it on burn victims etc. Am unsure if the clinic had a deal / promotion going on with the company at the time, as haven't heard of anybody else being given anything. I just said thank you and took it! Will enquire when i'm back for a check up again!

I've found it great, the incisions are a lot flatter and less red. Obviously natural healing alone plays a part in this. But I really feel they have settle quickly. I really wish I'd take some pics to show people. You need such a tiny amount, the equivalent of a couple of grains of rice.

I was wondering whether it would be good for acne scarring, I have a few areas on my chin. Not noticeable with make up, but would love to be without it! I came across this article.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's the second product down - Kelo-Cote. I did a little search and it seems cheaper to get on Amazon, Ebay. The article is written by a consultant Plastic Surgeon @ Chelsea & Westminster and The Marsden. they do lots of breast reconstruction at The Marsden, women post breast cancer, mastectomies.

I sound like i'm working for the company!!!! I really have found it fab so thought i'd recommend!!!! :ok:
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 299

Back to top Go down

Scar treatment.... Empty Re: Scar treatment....

Post by Daisydee 29th May 2013, 7:34 pm

I might have to give this a go. Has anyone else tried this it know how it compares to bio oil? X
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 29th May 2013, 7:43 pm

There's a little review of bio-oil on that article.Nothing like hearing from people how they got on with things though! I was going to see if there was any research regarding it - shop bought vs medical grade treatments. I suppose a surgical scar is usually neat and care is take to bring the edges together etc, rather than a trauma to the skin such as a burn etc - that would always take longer to heal.

XXX
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 29th May 2013, 7:53 pm

I tried lots of scar treatments after my uplift and spent a ton of money for nothing!

I tried Cica-Care silicone sheets. Dermatix sheets and cream, kelo-kote but I still had thick red scars two years down the line and I still needed scar revision to cut away the old scars to create new ones.

My first BA I used nothing on the scar and my scars were perfect! Barely visible tiny things.

From my own personal experience I'd save your money. Nothing worked for me and I think if the scars are so bad they need revising then nothing is going to help but further surgery.

It doesn't hurt to try though if someone is genuinely concerned about their scarring, but if they're healing OK, then massage alone to break down the scar tissue is enough. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 29th May 2013, 8:00 pm

Sounds intresting Mel!
Im sooo organised (already have brought my post op bras etc and im not having the BA until sept haha) but i love hearing about all of these tips and tricks you girls have so i can have a little collection of bits and bobs i might need lol xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisydee 29th May 2013, 8:04 pm

I might just stick to bio oil then as its cheaper, especially if we aren't too sure how well all these treatments work!! X
Daisydee
Daisydee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 396

Back to top Go down

Post by melstar82 29th May 2013, 8:23 pm

There's nothing like word of mouth and personal experiences. I just thought it was interesting. The geek coming out in me! I love to look into things and search out a bit of research! Bio oil is a lot cheaper!

Cookie you have been such a trooper. A tough journey for you, You are so strong and support everyone else at the same time. You deserve a gold boobie medal!

I think yes, some scars will not heal whatever if the tissue is necrotic etc and nothing will help apart from revision and debridement.

Jennifer you are soooo organised! I had my plan in my mind to get stuff, not as far as you in advance though! It takes a bit of dress out of stuff knowing you are all set and ready to go! Not that it would ever be stress free!

X
melstar82
melstar82
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 29th May 2013, 8:51 pm

My surgeon recommended environ avst oil [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it contains vitamin A. She said though that it will only help to speed up natural healing and nothing will make scars heal more than they will by themselves.. you can speed the process up but the rest is down to how your body heals.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 29th May 2013, 9:19 pm

I've heard good things about kelo cote. However I agree that our body's will heal the scars, I don't think it matters what you use, you will still end up with the same result, you just might get there a little quicker! I was using bio oil on mine, but to be honest I forget to use it and my scars are fantastic.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by mandyjs 29th May 2013, 9:23 pm

I've been using heal gel which was developed by themybreast founding surgeons. My scars are healing great. The write up on it is really good and I'm really pleased with my results
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mandyjs
mandyjs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 30th May 2013, 5:31 pm

Bio oil made mine redder....3 days after using dermatix they calmed down loads.
Have ordered a large kelo cote because I think it works a treat.
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1068

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down