Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mail article-implants and cancer

+6
RayRayT
Princessjo30
goldilockz1984
bumblebee
Nicole
kenzie1985
10 posters

Go down

Daily Mail article-implants and cancer Empty Daily Mail article-implants and cancer

Post by kenzie1985 1st May 2013, 7:27 pm

Hi,

Ive just read a short article with regards to breast implants giving you a higher chance of cancer killing you. Due to the implants creating shadows etc..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2317415/Do-breast-implants-raise-cancer-danger-They-make-tumours-harder-spot-says-report.html
Thoughts
Thanks
Kenzie
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1068

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail article-implants and cancer Empty Re: Daily Mail article-implants and cancer

Post by Nicole 1st May 2013, 7:29 pm

yeh i saw that. i think it's rubbish tbf, i've seen loads of people on here say that the implant pushes any tumors forwards. plus, i would have thought that women with implants would probably be more aware of their breasts then those who don't. the daily mail thinks everything gives you cancer
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail article-implants and cancer Empty Re: Daily Mail article-implants and cancer

Post by Nicole 1st May 2013, 7:31 pm

https://www.facebook.com/TheDailyMailListOfThingsThatGiveYouCancer/info
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebee 1st May 2013, 7:37 pm

I don't have implants yet but I agree with newboobz, I'll pay a lot more attention to my boobs after they're done than I do now (I try to avoid looking at them currently). So I do think I'd be more likely to notice any changes!
bumblebee
bumblebee
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 61

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 1st May 2013, 7:37 pm

lol!!! iheard the same thing on here.
great post! I bet breathing will u cancer next
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 1st May 2013, 7:40 pm

well i don't want to scare to kenzie but everyone who's ever had cancer has also breathed... soooooooooooooooooo the statistics say .... haha xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kenzie1985 1st May 2013, 7:41 pm

Daily Mail article-implants and cancer 557141Daily Mail article-implants and cancer 557141
kenzie1985
kenzie1985
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 1st May 2013, 7:46 pm

Never believe anything the Daily Mail writes, that's my moto in life.
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 1st May 2013, 8:22 pm

Don't believe it. My surgeon told me that the implants push everything forward so if anything you know sooner as the lump would be seen and felt quicker. And that makes perfect sense to me.
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 1st May 2013, 8:28 pm

I'm with goldilocks ;)

I've been told by a baaps, bapras surgeon last week there is no link with implants increasing the risk of cancer.

RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 1st May 2013, 8:51 pm

Hysterical @newboobz
Kenzie I think it was Jennifer who also started a thread today about the same article... The general consensus there also that this is total bollocks lol
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 1st May 2013, 8:52 pm

Oh god something else for us to worry about! X
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 1st May 2013, 10:36 pm

I was also told by my BAAPS registered surgeon that there is no link between breast implants and cancer. He said sometimes it can be harder to spot on the mammogram - but if you make the radiographer aware you have implants they sometimes use an ultrasound instead!! :) xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd May 2013, 9:36 am

There is always something in the paper about this or that will give you cancer, the main two proven ones are smoking and sun beds anything else could be genetic or just one of those things. 1 in 3 people get some form of cancer, it's a very nasty little thing.
The horrible thing is, people who don't smoke still get lung cancer and more people who don't have implants get breast cancer than those people who do have implants.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down