Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily mail article

+10
minxie
annaliese76
Chrissy1361
misf1
AmyD
Smallblue
Princess_x
nat4andy
MozElle83
shirtripper
14 posters

Go down

Daily mail article Empty Daily mail article

Post by shirtripper 29th January 2012, 2:06 pm

Did anybody see the ad in daily mail about silimed polyuthene implants and the cancer risk x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Daily mail article Empty Re: Daily mail article

Post by MozElle83 29th January 2012, 2:25 pm

I just read it. Don't read the comments though. Daily mail article 221105
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 29th January 2012, 3:31 pm

I've just read them how shallow some people are is shocking makes me laugh bet the women who commented wear make up or have had false nails all to improve their image x think I might have to put in my two pence worth x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 29th January 2012, 4:29 pm

Oooo can someone please put up the link to this article I would love to read it xx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 29th January 2012, 8:11 pm

People's comments about boob jobs really wound me up - how narrow minded can you get?!
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 29th January 2012, 8:13 pm

*wind
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 29th January 2012, 8:22 pm

I haven't read the article because I can't help looking at the comments and wind myself up. There is a forum I sometimes read which is directed at mums. There was a thread about boob jobs on there recently, it made me so angry reading all the comments from women who haven't got a clue about what they're talking about and make such harsh judgments. Does make my blood boil.
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 29th January 2012, 8:46 pm

I agree smallblue. I won't read it as I know I'll lose my temper and write an essay for my response then go to bed fuming and not be able to sleep! EVeryone who is brave enough to have a boob job and improve the quality of their lives, I admire. BEtter than sitting around feeling glum. . . We are being spro active, this is great. LIfe is too short... And these people who make shallow comments clearly have very unfulfilled lives. . . LIve and let live you thick t-ats...get on with ur own sad lives and stop judging others when you know NOTHING about them. Told you I'd write an essay, lol! X X X
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 29th January 2012, 8:53 pm

Lol most of the people who write silly comments on the end of the daily mail articles have nothing better to do with their time. I'm surprised half of them can read and write they are so uneducated. Just imagine them looking like heather off eastenders, they don't use make up, soap, deodorant etc. If you were that stinky and ugly what would you do? Feel sorry for the smelly ones and don't take their comments to heart.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 29th January 2012, 9:04 pm

I just think that women who have had boob jobs like taking care of themselves and there appearance instead of looking like tramps. Jealously springs to mind when I see ppl bitching about cosmetic surgery. I cannot wait to show off my new boobies for the whole world to see and if ppl don't like it f**k em xx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy1361 29th January 2012, 9:08 pm

My bf started reading it to me then drifted off, think he may have got to negative part and didn't want to upset me. Going to take a look but can imagine what it says. xx
Chrissy1361
Chrissy1361
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by shirtripper 29th January 2012, 9:11 pm

I couldn't help myself and wrote an essay but it hasn't gone on yet think it has to go thru moderators first x I hate people like that making judgements about people they no nothing about x
shirtripper
shirtripper
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 29th January 2012, 9:29 pm

LOL AmyD I feel just the same. Good on you Shirtripper!!! xx
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annaliese76 29th January 2012, 9:29 pm

These people really dont have a clue about the reasons behind why we have surgery and it has made such a huge difference to how i feel about myself and my confidence it has not only made me a happier person but also my family's happiness too. My kids love the change they see in me as does my fiance and my mum and dad say I seem a much stronger person emotionally now :))
All i can say if F**k the negative comments. As long as i feel good about it and the ones i truly care about are happy for me then I really don't give a damn about the others. Who are they to judge us, we aren't hurting anyone. They obviously have nothing better to do xxx
annaliese76
annaliese76
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 29th January 2012, 9:32 pm

I second that annaliese. My boobs and I'll do what I want with them!! xx
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by minxie 29th January 2012, 11:39 pm

I'm not going to look at it either - People can be so negative about things they don't understand. They just jump to conclusions based on misinformation and horror stories portrayed by the media. Some of my close family were very against me having my BA until I explained everything from my reasons behind it, down to the procedure and my research I'd done to make sure I had a good surgeon, payment terms etc. My MIL especially is very 'old school', but she really surprised me and was genuinely supportive of me. She still asks me how I'm getting on with them. Sure there's a degree of vanity behind the decision to have a BA, but SO WHAT!!?? Vanity is the very reason we go and have our hair done, nails manicured, use false eyelashes, wear make up, buy nice clothes, spend a fortune on shoes (maybe just me). I see nothing wrong with spending a bit of money to look your best. Jealousy is an ugly trait to have, and in a way I feel a bit sorry for the haters for being so narrow minded that they're missing out on all the amazing things in life! x
minxie
minxie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 29th January 2012, 11:54 pm

Oh, the Daily Fail, guilty of biased fear mongering and not so sensational sensationalism. And the people who leave comments on there, and view this paper as more than loo roll (no, there's no way I'd wipe my bum with that), there's a lot of ignorant people out there. They keep the DM alive, and the DM helps keep them stupid.

Yeah, I'm doing this to look better, call that vain if you like, I don't see why I should be apologetic about it either. Perhaps we should also all stop wearing make-up, dying our hair and wear a potato bag. Covering grey hair? How dare you, be thankful for what you've got Daily mail article 751387 People have modified their bodies since the beginning of time, for right or wrong.

What gets me, once again is the fact that the comments do not focus on the actual article. The stupids go staight to blaiming the women instead of commenting on how we need better regulation. Missing the point again, but then the article is so badly one sided, the stupids take the bait again.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 30th January 2012, 6:51 am

Yes go roxanne!!!! You should be a lawyer girl!!!! Well done shirtripper for writing the essay, hope it goes on their soon..... :thumbs: xxxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by s4mm1e 30th January 2012, 7:29 am

It takes a lot of guts to go through what we have and I actually feel very proud of myself for doing it.
You only live once so what's the problem with living it how we choose to, are we really affecting everyone else's life around us by doing so? Clearly we are simply by making them so green with envy that that really feel the need to start slagging us off!
It's their problem n if ranting about us makes them feel better then let them... Sad life's they live, in the mean time I'm gonna enjoy my life how I choose and do what makes me happy! :-) x
s4mm1e
s4mm1e
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 30th January 2012, 8:02 am

s4mm1e wrote:It takes a lot of guts to go through what we have and I actually feel very proud of myself for doing it.
You only live once so what's the problem with living it how we choose to, are we really affecting everyone else's life around us by doing so? Clearly we are simply by making them so green with envy that that really feel the need to start slagging us off!
It's their problem n if ranting about us makes them feel better then let them... Sad life's they live, in the mean time I'm gonna enjoy my life how I choose and do what makes me happy! :-) x

Couldn't agree more Hun :) xxx I haven't read the article either and don't intend to. Bloody scaremongering! I'm happy, that's all that matters! xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2run 30th January 2012, 11:35 pm

I would like to read the article but I am in australia and I've googled but can't find it. As for the comments I am far more concerned by my cancer risk than people opinions. I'm due for a re op in may so thinking about swapping implant brands.
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down