Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About to book my BA Finally... last minute advice?

+4
angie8131
Nicole
mais04
jenniferrf1
8 posters

Go down

About to book my BA Finally... last minute advice? Empty About to book my BA Finally... last minute advice?

Post by jenniferrf1 4th April 2013, 2:10 pm

Hi girls, so i have been on this forum for almost a year because i was about to book... but i just wasnt sure. A year on i feel ready !!!

Booked to have a meeting with Mr Meleagros with transform. Currently 5'10, 9 and a half stone and i have tuberous breasts :( Im hoping that the meeting goes well i can book the BA and i can finally feel more confident.

Just was hoping for some last minute advice from you because your all so supportive!!

1- i havn't had children yet but i don't want to wait another 5/10 years (im 21) before i have surgery... is this ok?I know they will change due to breast feeding but i feel like surely boobs are better then no boobs?
2-How common is the dreaded CC? I know it can happen to anyone and at anytime?
and finally... 3- how do you feel knowing that you will need more surgery? i guess i might need at least three more?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone that is pre and post op!
I want to join the BA club :D
Jen x
xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

About to book my BA Finally... last minute advice? Empty Re: About to book my BA Finally... last minute advice?

Post by mais04 4th April 2013, 2:15 pm

Good luck for consultation, I had Mr Meleagros and very pleased.
I would say if you want to wait 5-10 years for children then go for the op now, I've got 2 babies so had mine done after but no point in waiting til after if it will make you happy now :)
My sister in law is currently breast feeding very well with implants.
I'm not sure about CC
I'm 20 so looking at a few more ops too. It doesn't bother me, will just be making sure I'm financially able for them.

When's your consultation xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

About to book my BA Finally... last minute advice? Empty Re: About to book my BA Finally... last minute advice?

Post by jenniferrf1 4th April 2013, 2:20 pm

Aww thank you for replying so quickly!
Glad your happy with mr Meleagros, i havn't seen anything bad about him!
Thats what i thought about the baby situation, don't really want to wait!
And yer i guess if your really happy with the boobs then it must be quite exciting having them redone to look perfect again :)
Im seeing him on Friday :D Did you have drains? if so.. what are they like?! xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 4th April 2013, 2:23 pm

1. Hi hun I'm 21 too with no kids, tbh I think it works out well cos in 10 years I will (hopefully) be done breeding so will be able to mend any changes from pregnancy/breast feeding on my next BA

2. Everyone will get cc your body will naturally create a capsule around any foreign body. however, it developing into a harder capsule that affects the implant depends on loads of things but things they say unders are less likely, also furry Brazilian implants have lowest rate of cc and also smoking increases the chances of it developing but also some people are just more pre disposes than others.

3. It's a lifelong investment but worth it i think and personally I like knowing that I'll have them redone every 10 years cos my options are open to go bigger, uplift etc in the future to maintain perfect boobies forever!

Have you been to consultations before? I'm Mr M is your first then I'd suggest booking a couple more with other surgeons xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 4th April 2013, 2:32 pm

Hi Newboobz!
Im coming round to this idea too! being able to always have perfect boobs is a positive!
Thanks for the advice about CC, i dont smoke etc and have done a lot of research so fingers crossed it stays away.
I had a consultation with a surgeon at the HMG a year ago.. but changed my mind because i just personally changed my mind on the company and it put me off. So this is my first consultation with transform. I know i should look at other surgeons and when it comes to it i will most likely want to see other surgeons because i think my BA won't be very straightforward. My breasts are tuberous so were see what they say!

Thank you for your advice and im going to keep everyone updated! :) x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by angie8131 4th April 2013, 2:34 pm

Hi Jen,
I've had tuberous breasts and then I had kids, after breast feeding and all the changes you couldn't tell the breasts were tuberous to start with but the were just as horrible or even more when you add stretch marks to the equation. I didn't let anyone see my breasts before or after having kids and was really affecting me. So what you need to ask yourself is if you're planning kids in the immediate future or quite some time down the line and how your breasts are affecting you. Of course breasts will change after having kids and you might need another op to repair (I was told) so if you're planning on having a family soon I'd wait till after, otherwise I'd have them done now and enjoy them. I know a lot of us regret not having them done sooner xx

About the CC, if I remember correctly its about 3-5% chance so not that great, but chances increase if ur a smoker.

About having further surgery.... I was really unhappy with how they were so my reasoning is like this; if you need further surgery due to complications then make sure you have a good aftercare plan. If due to sagging; implant change etc, then you never know what position you'll be in in a few years down the line financially, so many ladies here I hear have a boobie fund as to how you feel about surgery in general, I guess that's different with everyone, but I personally am less afraid of BA surgery now than I was before I'd been through it.

Hope this helps you hun, but again, this is from my experience, opinion and memory. Hopefully someone will give you another perspective soon and then you can compare responses. All the best of luck

Angie xx
angie8131
angie8131
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1404

Back to top Go down

Post by Redtulip123 4th April 2013, 2:57 pm

Hi, I had my ba when I was26. Two years later I had my first daughter. My boobs only went up one cup size, I was able to breast feed and after they shrunk back to post ba size. I had my second daughter two years later and again my boobs were fine after just maybe a bit more natural looking but I was happy with them.

I have also just had them replaced as they were 13 years old. To be honest second time is def easier I guess as the pocket is already there. Don't worry about having them replaced. Obviously there is a financial implication but the process itself is fine.

Good luck xx
Redtulip123
Redtulip123
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 4th April 2013, 2:58 pm

Hi Huni x

I am 34, I have 7 children. I had quite small breast to begin with but I had my first baby at 17! So never properly developed before breast feeding! If you arnt planning on having children I. The near future then go for it Hun x if they affect your life now, then have the surgery x

They shouldn't stop you breast feeding in the future, there are a few ladies here that have had babies since their BA and have successfully breast fed.

Everyone gets CC to some degree, although you can never predict how bad it will be. And I do believe that textured implants tend to have less CC than smooth.

I am prepared for more surgery, I know that at some point I will need it, wether it's corrective surgery or just replacement. And I am one of them ladies that have already started the next boobie fund. So maybe have a savings account just incase x

I am not scared of more surgery, the whole experience, without wanting to sound a bit weird, has been fantastic, right from my first consult through to the GA and op itself and recovery!

You are definatly in the best place for advice, the girls here are lovely.
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 4th April 2013, 3:05 pm

Aww thank you to you all! The advice you girls give is so helpful and really puts me at ease.
I can defo say that my questions are answered!
I know its my descision and its different for everyone but i feel very determined now and i am pretty much 100% that this is the right time for me :)
I will keep everyone update as to how my consultations go etc but in the very near future i hope to be booked up and starting my journey :D
Very exciting but nerve wracking :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th April 2013, 3:38 pm

jenniferrf1 wrote:1- i havn't had children yet but i don't want to wait another 5/10 years (im 21) before i have surgery... is this ok?I know they will change due to breast feeding but i feel like surely boobs are better then no boobs?

Sure its OK babe! Live for the moment I say!

Implants "generally" only last 10 years anyway babe, so by the time you've had kids and given your body some time to recovery you'll probably be ready to change implants then anyway, so its not at all going to interfere with your life hun. None of us know until we actually have surgery whether or not our breasts will sag until we've been there hun, so no point in worrying until you actually have something to worry about - if you do at all.

2-How common is the dreaded CC? I know it can happen to anyone and at anytime?

I don't think there are any specific stats. You can lower the rate by not smoking as this is proven to contribute to CC but other than that no-one actually know why it happens. It just does and as you say, can happen at any time whilst the implant is inside your body

The new 5th generation implants are known to have a lower CC rate such as the Nagor Impleos or the Natrelle soft touch as well as the polyurethane newboobz suggested, so you have quite a few to choose from.

3- how do you feel knowing that you will need more surgery? i guess i might need at least three more?

When I started on my BA journey almost 7 years ago now I was actually told my implants would probably last me for life. 3 years later due to a rupture I was back on the table needing to pay a very unexpected further 4 and a half grand for new implants (these were free as well as the surgery) but due to small print I had to pay for my body's reaction to the rupture which meant I also needed an uplift and that I had to pay for myself.

It was only after that I started my research and found that I would need further surgeries. I'm OK with it 'now' because I'm now more informed and understand exactly what I'm signing up for.

I'd always also suggest you choose the BEST surgeon you can get also to lower your risk of complication and further surgeries. It really is very important hun. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 4th April 2013, 4:15 pm

Heya lovely, i'm 6ft tall, 11 and a half stone (i think, i've not weighed myself in ages) and i also have tuberous breasts. I'm 23 years old and don't have any kids yet but hoping in about 4-5 years that i will do. What has Mr Meleagros recommended for your surgery? In answer to question one i am in the same boat as you with not having any kids but with having tuberous breasts i know that there is a chance that i will never be able to breast feed due to that condition anyway regardless of implants. Question 2 i can't really answer, i know that it is below 10% but cannot remember the exact figure tho it ccan happen 3 months or 3 years post op but there are things to help reduce the risk EG under the muscle placement or "furry brazilians" etc. And number three you sort of take this on knowing that they will need replaced, like a lot of other things it comes with maintenance =] x
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by mais04 4th April 2013, 5:56 pm

Did have drains but found the canular in my hand overnight more uncomfortable. It wasn't painful getting them out just made me cringe xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down