Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arnica and Bio Oil - are they worth using?

+2
misf1
Selena8683
6 posters

Go down

Arnica and Bio Oil - are they worth using? Empty Arnica and Bio Oil - are they worth using?

Post by Selena8683 10th February 2013, 1:48 pm

What are your thoughts ladies? Will Arnica really make any difference? Also, would bio-oil be the best thing to use to reduce post-op stretch marks?

As always ladies, your help is really appreciated! xxx
Selena8683
Selena8683
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Arnica and Bio Oil - are they worth using? Empty Re: Arnica and Bio Oil - are they worth using?

Post by misf1 10th February 2013, 2:03 pm

I used arnica and I'm not sure how helpful it was, I didn't have a bruise but I still had a lot of swelling. A lot of ladies dont use arnica and still don't have bruising. So I think it's a personal preference. The one thing I did notice is I fell over a few days before my BA and was taking arnica and my ankle had slight bruising but not as much as it would normally and it went quite quickly.
I used bio oil and palmers cocoa butter before my BA and after, I found it very good. I didn't get stretchmarks but then I don't think I was going to get them. These creams can't really prevent them, but they can get your skin in as good a condition as possible ready for stretching. If you do happen to get any, then the creams will help reduce them to the silver lines quicker.
I also had chicken pox a year ago and was left with some scars, which I used pure vitamin E oil in (this is present in small amounts in both bio oil and palmers) and it seemed to work quite quickly for me.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Arnica and Bio Oil - are they worth using? Empty Re: Arnica and Bio Oil - are they worth using?

Post by Selena8683 10th February 2013, 2:11 pm

Hmmmm, well that's given me something to think about. I might just give the arnica a miss, but I think I'll start using the bio-oil. I already use palmers as a daily moisturiser for my body anyway. I've got 6 weeks until my op, do you think it would be sensible to start using bio oil from now? Just to prep my skin, or is it too soon? xxx
Selena8683
Selena8683
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 10th February 2013, 2:13 pm

I used it 2 weeks before, but you can start any time hun. It won't do you any harm and will be very good for your skin.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena8683 10th February 2013, 2:15 pm

Thanks misf1! I'll give it a couple of weeks before I start using it....think I'm getting a bit over eager!!!! xxx
Selena8683
Selena8683
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 10th February 2013, 2:18 pm

lol it's an exciting time hun. You're allowed to be eager. It'll be here before you know it. Arnica and Bio Oil - are they worth using? 899188
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th February 2013, 3:42 pm

If you've been instructed by your clinic to take arnica, then you should take it lovely. Any pre or past op instruction not followed could possibly void your aftercare.

If its choice.. Well, I don't personally think it does anything. I've had a surgery using arnica and another without. The one without, I healed perfectly without a bruise, the one with (although a more invasive surgery) I bruised like a peach! And the swelling was huge!

There's no medical evidence as yet to support its healing properties but if you wanted to give it a go there's no harm in trying it.

You can help prepare the skin pre-op to possibly avoid stretch by keeping your breasts well moisturised and supple. The Palmers you're already using is perfectly fine, its not worth spending money you don't have to hun, just make sure you moisturise morning and night and hopefully you won't get any stretch marks at all. Sadly though if you're prone to them then no lotions, moisturisers or oils will get rid of rid them... bio-oil then may help to lighten them, but I've personally found moisturising as you're already doing is just as good. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena8683 10th February 2013, 4:43 pm

Thanks Cookie! I've had no instructions to use arnica yet, but I'm having my pre-op on Saturday so I'll ask the nurse about it. I'm having another consultation with Mr Clarke but not until 26 February, so I will see what he says about it as well! xxx
Selena8683
Selena8683
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 10th February 2013, 5:01 pm

hi i used arnica gel, not cream and even if it done nothing else it was soooo coolingbto rub on my boobs

i swear by bio oil use it daily have done for years xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by vickeysmith 10th February 2013, 6:15 pm

I used bio oil throughout the entire term and afterwards of my first pregnancy... I stretched awfully and it made no difference. So I think its a waste of money. If your prone to stretch marks then you will stretch and there's not much you can do about it. X
vickeysmith
vickeysmith
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 263

Back to top Go down

Post by dove 10th February 2013, 7:26 pm

i used bio oil in my pregnancy and im covered in stretch marks on my tummy, its not worth the money. just moisturise well hun x
dove
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 484

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 10th February 2013, 7:32 pm

i dont use bio oil for stretch marks. not got any but i use it for moisurisation (wrong spelling lol) xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Selena8683 11th February 2013, 10:13 pm

Hmmmm, maybe it's just a case of being prone to stretch marks then? I've only had a few on my bum before from when I was really skinny and put on quite alot of weight fast, they've gone now though! I'll probably still get the bio oil anyway and use along with my mosituriser for a couple of weeks before and after my BA, I can't do any harm so might as well give it a try! Thanks for your input ladies :-)
Selena8683
Selena8683
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down