Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worth the second opinion

+4
COOKIE
Charlii
krizzooo1
AP1993
8 posters

Go down

Worth the second opinion  Empty Worth the second opinion

Post by AP1993 8th December 2014, 3:26 pm

Hey ladies! Saw another surgeon (same company transform) for a second opinion today! Feel A lot happier the new surgeon told me they implants the other surgeon had recommended me were being discontinued in January and he should have told me! I've paid 500 pound more to have 'natrelle' implants as they had more in between sizes and he said that's all transform will be offering soon! I get a bigger projection without going wider in diameter! So I'm now having 310 TXC natrelle implants added to my 32b boobs on the 9th of January! Has anyone had similar or natrelle implants? That doesn't mind sharing any pics of views on this! Thank you :) xx
AP1993
AP1993
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 69

Back to top Go down

Worth the second opinion  Empty Re: Worth the second opinion

Post by krizzooo1 8th December 2014, 3:33 pm

Hi. ..what implants are being discontinued. ? Just curious.
cant help much with your pic request....sorry. xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by AP1993 8th December 2014, 3:37 pm

I'm not 100% sure I'd have to look at my pack once I got home to see what they originally offered me but I think it might be CUI? Apparently soon there only going to be offered as replacements not to buy originally!
AP1993
AP1993
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 8th December 2014, 3:37 pm

Ignore the above. ...just saw your other post yes
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 8th December 2014, 3:53 pm

I just checked...i had mentor perthese.  My surgeon is based at spire Southampton. 
So many implants! Mind boggling hun. Sorry i think i confused myself xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 8th December 2014, 4:19 pm

I would be careful here...there's a difference between the implant being discontinued by that clinic, or nationally. they could just be spinning you a yarn to get you to pay more. Of course, if you want natrelles, then it's fine.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th December 2014, 4:23 pm

I'm just thinking about what you've been told AP. And Transform have just been bought out by a German company. There's a lot of secrecy surrounding the takeover and if it was pre-pack administration pack. If they take the pack, then every single woman who Transform implanted with PIP Breast implants and have a claim against them (Transform refused to replace the implants for free) then their claims will all become void because the German company won't have to take on Transforms legal liabilities, so it's all very hush-hush right now. 

So bringing premium implants into use and ditching the budget implants must be part of the changes they're bringing into play. 

Any new ladies having surgery with Transform, I would ensure you get your aftercare printed out for you and signed because you never know what other changes maybe also be made in the near future also. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AP1993 8th December 2014, 5:17 pm

Hmmm yeah I did think they could just be going for my money! I'm going to have a good look tonight and do some research! Xx
AP1993
AP1993
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 8th December 2014, 5:24 pm

Have you thought about trying spire hun i notice you're  in Southampton. .?  Xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AP1993 8th December 2014, 7:55 pm

I've already given transform 1500 so I would loose all that money :( xx
AP1993
AP1993
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 8th December 2014, 7:59 pm

I'm sure you could argue the case to get it back IF you wanted to. Paying a deposit prior to selecting a surgeon from a medical/clinic perspective is pretty unethical so you could use this as you're argument if you want to x
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by AP1993 8th December 2014, 8:07 pm

Hmmm yeah I guess! To be fair I'm happy with the surgeon! And from everyone's comments they don't seem to say bad things about natrelle implants! So if it means paying 500 more than 'May' be better I guess there's no harm in that plus I can get more projection as he said I couldn't have anymore width and they do in-between sizes! Plus all my time of work is booked and I don't want to make it stressful! :/ I just wondered if anyone had any views if they Wernt as good! Apparently they come with there own 10 year warranty which is good! The surgeon said not to pay for transforms extended after care because if I had these I'd be covered! But thanks girls! Need to stop worrying and get excited xx
AP1993
AP1993
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 8th December 2014, 8:12 pm

Sounds like you've got it sorted! Time to get excited and count down the days!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th December 2014, 8:21 pm

Hmmmmm... Your surgeon seems to be saying some pretty odd things if you don't mind my saying so AP Give You

Your implant warranty, which is 10 years for CUIs and a lifetime for Natrelles are a completely different thing to your clinics aftercare. Your implant warranty is covered by Allergan and your aftercare is covered by Transform. Totally separate. 

The implants warranty for CUIs is ten years free 'implant only' replacement. 

Natrelles implant warranty offer a lifetimes free 'implant only' plus I think £750 if replaced due to a clinical diagnosis within 10 years. 

Now the after care provided by Transform pays for all your hospital admission, surgery costs, medication...everything, should you require revision surgery within a 3 year period. 

The extended aftercare includes all The same as the normal aftercare, but it covers you for 6 years if you have CUIs, or 10 years if you have Natrelles. 

I really don't know why your surgein is advising you against having protection for free revised surgery should you need it, this does not come with the 'implant warranty' that's a separate thing altogether provided by Allergan. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AP1993 8th December 2014, 9:34 pm

Hmmm maybe I should call them again! So confusing :doh::doh: Thanks ladies! Perhaps I've got it wrong somewhere xx
AP1993
AP1993
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 8th December 2014, 9:52 pm

I'd be interested to know if transform would cover you (surgery/hospital costs) say 7 years down the line if you had a rupture or cc AND had paid for the extended warranty? Does it cover any re-surgery? Or does it just cover a complication of the initial surgery, and then you need to haggle over their definition of a complication of initial surgery versus normal 'wear and tear' (wrong word but can't think of the right one!). Realise the implants them self would be covered by the manufacturer but would the surgery costs be covered if you've taken the extended aftercare?
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 8th December 2014, 9:53 pm

Sorry AP this is just me thinking out loud and not directed at you!! Nor am I expecting you to ask them!! Just wondered about people's experiences as if they do cover costs for 10 years that's great reassurance and something I'd consider for future
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 8th December 2014, 11:38 pm

It covers all your surgical fees Mammamia have a look HERE

But....what Transform say and what they do...well, that's another thing from 'my own experience'  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 9th December 2014, 7:17 am

Thanks cookie. I wonder if anyone has ever successfully made use of it (post 3 yrs). Sorry shouldn't hijack!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th December 2014, 4:54 pm

The 'extended warranty' is a new thing. I 'think' since BAAPS now have their ASC insurance its threatened the large clinics becaue theyve always had the monopoly on aftercare being able to offer those 3 years. Now private surgeons are catching up and women have less reason to opt for the cheapest deal, they've upped the stakes with this extended warranty...

So as its a new thing we won't know how it goes until 6 to 10 years from now. 

Does anybody know know how much the additional cost for the extended warranty is? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misstaunton 9th December 2014, 7:44 pm

I took out extended warranty on my naturelles with Transform its £150 I think (or was it £120)? For the extra 7 years? Im not sure but gives me piece of mind. Was given my warranty when I was discharged from the hosp. 

If something major did go wrong I would be prepared to finance it myself though. Just hope it doesnt x
misstaunton
misstaunton
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by kezjb 13th December 2014, 11:42 am

Sounds good :) 
I had similar but had mentors (thought I was having natrelles so was a shock when I saw the serial number with the make on!! But happy they're of equal quality and v. Similar implants).
I had 330cc anatomicals xx
kezjb
kezjb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 470

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 13th December 2014, 5:52 pm

This is a bit worrying. I'm having my revision op Monday with transform and one of the things I asked is my 3 year warranty renewed and was told no. I am having 410 naturelle anatomicals. So will transform no longer be honoring the 3 yyear warranty who do I get to sign it?
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 13th December 2014, 6:00 pm

I've just paid 1150 extra to upgrade. I never took any additional cover out when I had my cuis fitted last December. Do you think I could pay the 150 and extend my original care?
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down