Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parental problems

+5
jakki32
Nicole
mrsball
COOKIE
EmzH
9 posters

Go down

Parental problems Empty Parental problems

Post by EmzH 9th November 2012, 12:41 pm

I've always had a really good relationship with my parents but think broaching the idea of a BA with them could be a sticking point - especially with my dad.

He's always very vocal about "why would someone want to do that", Etc. when there's anything even remotely to do with BA's on the telly.

Has anyone else had similar issues? It's obviously something I'd want to talk to them about but worried he won't understand why I want to do it and that he wouldn't be very supportive.

I know this sounds odd coming from a 24yr old but don't want to alter the great relationship with him that I feel really lucky to have.

x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 334

Back to top Go down

Parental problems Empty Re: Parental problems

Post by COOKIE 9th November 2012, 12:49 pm

Awww my parents didn't approve of my surgery either hun...

They desperately voiced their concerns and pulled everything negative they could pops sibyl find out of the hat to try and change my mind.

I just told them that I respected their opinions and knew how much they cared about me but this was something that I needed to do for myself.

Sadly I never have had support from my parents. It not a topic that ever gets discussed when I visit. It's like it's never happened!

You could try and ease your dads fears by taking any information you've collected from your research to show him. Reassuring him that you've done your research showing him how much work you've out into something so important to you.

Maybe tell him that you respect his views and how knowing them its been hard for you to tell him about your BA. Explain that you ARE doing this and you're hoping to have his support.

Really hope all goes well for you sweetness fingers crossed Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 9th November 2012, 12:53 pm

Thanks for that. It's actually seeming like the hardest part of the decision so far!

I'm still saving for it, so haven't even looked into booking a consultation until I know I can definately afford it, but still wanting to chat to people about it and finding that tricky as I've never been someone that's openly discussed this side of my appearence with people!

x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 9th November 2012, 1:00 pm

Awww sorry to hear this hunny, I'm very lucky that both my parents supported my decision and I was 23 for my 1st ba. My dad actually funded my 1st one!

So I've never had the whole disapproval thing, my mum was a bit concerned when I said I wanted to go bigger with my 2nd and 3rd. But at the end of the day they've always supported me and ultimately it was my choice and descion. I wasn't hurting anybody doing it and ive always done it for me to make me happy.

Explain to him you don't want to Hinder your relationship with him or let it come between you. If you can explain you have done your research and gone into with your eyes open and it will make you happy. And if your happy he's happy .

Alternatively if he doesn't agree with it you may have to agree to disagree and not to let it spoil your relationship but just don't ever talk of it again x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 9th November 2012, 1:12 pm

I wasn't going to tell my parents but then I thought that if they found out (as i'm sure they would, parents seem to know everything!!) they'd be more upset about the fact that i'd gone in for major surgery without telling them as they'd want to be there to look after me and make sure i'm ok (regardless of the nature of the op). I think maybe sit down and explain it's something you've hated about yourself for a long time, show them pictures of the look you're going for (a lot of people when you mention a BA assume you're gona go for the Jordan look) show them all the research you've done etc so they know this is something that you're serious about but also being responsible about xxx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 9th November 2012, 2:01 pm

Had the same problem. My Dad doesn't know, he thinks I had a cyst removed from my armpit!!! My mum was great. I told my children. I understand completely Hun , my Dad is old school I know wouldn't have approved.
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by snowy51 9th November 2012, 2:07 pm

They might surprise you and take it really well. I was also frightened of telling my parents when I had my first one in 2002 despite being 30 years old with 2 kids! However, I needn't have worried as they were both extremely supportive. In fact, my dad was one of the first people to see my new additions when I got out of hospital - he thought it was all very funny! Flash Hysterical
snowy51
snowy51
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 518

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 10th November 2012, 1:21 am

I had my BA at 29 and it was hard telling my mum, but I told her and told her to tell my dad as I just didn't know how to bring up the subject. I couldn't tell my brother either, my mum did that too lol. God I'm a chicken.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 11th November 2012, 12:20 pm

Thanks for the advice ladies! I thought it was just me being chicken about it! x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Tors 11th November 2012, 12:55 pm

I haven't told mine! Will do once they've settled in and look more normal haha x
Tors
Tors
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by EmzH 11th November 2012, 1:04 pm

Haha! That's brave! I don't think I could have it done without telling them. Think it'd go down even worse! x
EmzH
EmzH
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by JustPeachy 11th November 2012, 2:12 pm

I didn't tell either of my parents, I don't have a relationship with my mother. Although my dad did come over and watch my kids whilst I had the operation, he never asked anything and didn't pry. Just made sure I was OK, that's just the way he is. Hope all goes well xx
JustPeachy
JustPeachy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 370

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down