Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What size implant?

3 posters

Go down

What size implant? Empty What size implant?

Post by vicky141272 12th October 2012, 5:05 pm

This is my first time on the forum, I have had my first consultation at Nuffield Derby and felt at ease with the surgeon, but im confused over what size i should go for. My current bra size is 34DD and although this may sound ok, im lacking fullness after having my children. The surgeon said a small implant will bring back the fullness but will increase my size overall. She said to buy a cheap bra in a bigger size and fill the excess with rice to see if im happy, what does anyone else reckon to this? does it give a good indicator of what i will actually look like after? also would like to hear from anyone else who is already a slightly larger size and had a BA. what i really want is for my boobs to be refilled!!!

Thanks
vicky141272
vicky141272
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 11

Back to top Go down

What size implant? Empty Re: What size implant?

Post by COOKIE 12th October 2012, 5:20 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast buddies Vicky wavey

Being a DD you'll have a lot of breast tissue to cover and cushion the implant so a smaller implant just to give you back the fullness does sound the right way to go. But I'm no expert lovely, another 1 or 2 consultations with other surgeons would probably be the best way forward to help you make an informed decision.

Our moderator, Kay, had a good sized bust too ore-BA, I'm sure she'll be along shortly to offer you some advice also.

In the meantime, if you'd like to introduce yourself in the 'Say Hello' section of the forum, we'd all love to give yo a big warm BJS welcome!!! Cheerleader

Enjoy your time here Vicky Cheerleader . Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky141272 14th October 2012, 12:57 pm

Thank you so much for that advice, its a bit of a mine field this whole decision and I am doing the right thing etc, read so many horror stories probably too many!! its all very confusing!

I also paid for my consultation and not keen on paying out for 3 in total but would like to stay in my local area, are the consultations you get with a nurse as good as with the surgeon?
vicky141272
vicky141272
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th October 2012, 1:02 pm

Consultations with a nurse are just general and can answer general questions you may have about the procedure and aftercare but a surgeon is the only one that can advise on size and position etc.
X

And as for horror stories there are far more many happy stories that outweigh them ones !!! X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky141272 14th October 2012, 1:04 pm

thanks for that looks like i will be paying out for my next consultations soon.
vicky141272
vicky141272
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th October 2012, 1:11 pm

Unfourtnatly some surgeons charge for their consultations. But they are the experts.
It might be worth asking if the cost of the consultation fee will be deducted from the overall cost of the ba if you book with them.
If you don't ask you don't get! No harm in trying x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky141272 14th October 2012, 1:46 pm

What a very good idea, i have emailed my local bupa hospital asking for prices etc so think i will go there next. How many surgeons did you see? I do feel like im getting things clearer in my head by writing them down on the forum.

Thanks for your helpWhat size implant? 899188
vicky141272
vicky141272
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th October 2012, 4:19 pm

I have had the same surgeon for all my ba's and he's brilliant. He's been on tv doing extreme makeover and was on cosmetic surgery shool teaching new surgeons. And he's a big boob surgeon.

You will find surgeons can be quite different, you can get surgeons that prefer to use conservative sizes and big boob surgeons that will use bigger size and are happy to go larger.

And always haggle with prices, remember they will want your business and if you can get prices you can use that as a bargainer.. Or even if the cheapest is the one you want to go with ask if they'll do a discount.

Did the first surgeon give you an actual measurment for rice or a guide of implant size? X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky141272 15th October 2012, 2:36 pm

The surgeon recommended an implant between 250-300cc to give me back my fullness without going much bigger.

She asked me to buy a larger bra and do the rice thing so was thinking of buying at 34E, do you think one size bigger is about right for the size implant?
Xxx
vicky141272
vicky141272
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 15th October 2012, 5:06 pm

I'm not sure what your stat are hunny ? !
Height weight, pre ba, rib age size bwd are all taken into account when giving you an implant size for the look you want to achieve xx
What are your stats?? X

It take roughly between 100-150 cc to go up a cup size again depending on your stats.
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 15th October 2012, 5:07 pm

Sorry sweety just re read your post :doh:

34 dd yes that size implant I'm sure would give you the look you want xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by vicky141272 15th October 2012, 7:36 pm

Thanks for your input

I am booking second consultation tomorrow so will see what a different surgeon recommends.

X
vicky141272
vicky141272
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down