Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overs or Unders????

+2
COOKIE
Princess Puddin'
6 posters

Go down

Overs or Unders???? Empty Overs or Unders????

Post by Princess Puddin' 6th October 2012, 3:09 pm

Hi

I was asked on here if I was having overs or unders and I honestly don't know? Not only do I not know (I will find this out when I meet with my surgeon next week), but I don't really know what the difference will be, in terms of look.

I know that in lamens terms, that Overs are placed below the breast gland but above the muscle, and that Unders are placed completly below the muscle, but what really is the difference in look, shape etc?

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks! Overs or Unders???? 2238686527
Princess Puddin'
Princess Puddin'
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 96

Back to top Go down

Overs or Unders???? Empty Re: Overs or Unders????

Post by COOKIE 6th October 2012, 4:06 pm

There's no difference at all in the resulting look, IF the right placement has been chosen for the woman. You only have tomlookmat all of our avatars to see that Princess I doubt thers anyone could tell from a look which placement we all had.

Unders (fully under the muscle) are rarely ever done, except for cases where the breast might need some kind of reconstruction.

In general partials are more appropriate for women with little or no breast tissue, this is done so the muscle can act as a cushion to cover the the top of the implant so it's not visible to the eye.

Overs are generally used for women who have some or plenty of breast tissue. There's no need to section the muscle for these women because the breast tissue they have naturally will cover the implant for them. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 6th October 2012, 4:15 pm

i'm have similar pre op stats to u hun and i'm getting unders so maybe you will too? you're surgeon will decide and he'll do whatever is best for the look that u want to create xxx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th October 2012, 4:19 pm

Having similar stats doesn't necessarily mean you'll have the same placement hun, there's a lot of factors that go into these decisions and although you might have the same breast size, it's still possible the other person may have more tissue... All complicated I know but this is why these decisions are best made by the surgeon. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Puddin' 6th October 2012, 5:02 pm

Hey thanks for the advice!

I think in that case Cookie that I may be looking at Overs or Partials as I can't say that I have a lot of weight up top at the minute. Its just good to have an idea before I go and see my surgeon again. As long as it doesnt affect the overal look at the end of it, then I am not really bothered! Just another thing that I have become obsessed about!!! Overs or Unders???? 751387

Thanks. xxx
Princess Puddin'
Princess Puddin'
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th October 2012, 5:05 pm

I actually think obsession in good for pre-oppers Princess. The more you know, the more informed you'll be when making the decision to book your op. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 6th October 2012, 7:30 pm

I agree with Cookie, knowledge is power!! I am so glad I read so much prior to my op. I knew everything I needed to know and I got what I wanted! I also felt more prepared for some of the common post op things that occur!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisy_Ann 7th October 2012, 1:22 pm

I've got to av partially under the muscle because I haven't got enough breast tissue for overs. I did want to have overs but Mr Hamilton said they're not right for me so it was like you said about no tissue

Love Maisy x
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Puddin' 11th October 2012, 8:51 am

Hi ladies,

Found out yesterday that I am having unders as I am lacking in the breast tissue department. just thought that I would let you know that I have been informed.

Knowledge is power! Overs or Unders???? 899188
Princess Puddin'
Princess Puddin'
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisy_Ann 11th October 2012, 8:56 am

Same as me princess pudding. How long did your surgeon say your recovery will be? I've booked a week off work but after reading some posts on here I'm not sure if I shud book two weeks or not now what do you think?

Love Maisy. X
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbyboobys 11th October 2012, 12:35 pm

Maisy i had unders last friday (5th oct) & have only got this week off work i go back monday & tbh i could of gone back yesterday i feel fine i know everyone heals differently but i think if you have a job thats not strenuous (i do accounting & admin) then a week off should be fine xx
Newbyboobys
Newbyboobys
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Newbyboobys 11th October 2012, 12:46 pm

Maisy i had unders last friday (5th oct) & have only got this week off work i go back monday & tbh i could of gone back yesterday i feel fine i know everyone heals differently but i think if you have a job thats not strenuous (i do accounting & admin) then a week off should be fine xx
Newbyboobys
Newbyboobys
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisy_Ann 12th October 2012, 8:59 am

Thanx newbyboobys That makes me feel better I paniked when I read some storys on here

Love Maisy x
Maisy_Ann
Maisy_Ann
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Puddin' 12th October 2012, 11:22 am

Hi Maisy,

Sorry for the late reply! I only have a week booked off as well. I think everyone is different and I agree that it depends on what you are having done and what you do for a job. I will be sitting at a desk when I return to work, so I should be fine with a week off. I saw a lady in the waiting room yesterday who was there for her post op and she only had a week, so I think it is sufficient, although 2 weeks is alwats better than one!!!

x
Princess Puddin'
Princess Puddin'
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down