Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat transfer?!

5 posters

Go down

Fat transfer?! Empty Fat transfer?!

Post by smile! 30th September 2012, 1:21 pm

Hi girlssss
Basically because my surgery has been moved I've found myself doubting and worrying and questioning things a lot more. I've got asymmetry and always thought implants would be the answer, and that's what I'm going to be having on the 14th of November. But my surgeon mentioned fat transfer back when he was showing me my options, I wasn't sure at first so be invited me back to look at some of his photos.
They did look good and he said they had the feel of a natural breast, but he's only done a dozen (I think that's what he said) so I said no and chose the implants instead cause he did mention something about cells being moved about and the possible risk of cancer? And I figured well I don't know how they'll look in future because it's a new procedure etc.
But obviously this would stop me needing further surgery in future for new implants, so my question is has it bothered any of you girls having to have further surgery down the line?
I'm only 20 too so obviously not had any kids yet which is something I'll want at some point (not too soon though!) I just personally think Ive made the right decision with the implants? Just think I'm making myself doubt everything cause I've got too much time to sit and think about it!

Sorry for the massive post! Xxxxx
smile!
smile!
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Fat transfer?! Empty Re: Fat transfer?!

Post by misf1 30th September 2012, 7:03 pm

I didn't look into fat transfer as this was a very new procedure so I wasn't interested. I think one of our members has it along with implants but it's been a while since it's been mentioned. I really don't know much about it. I had my BA at 29, I don't have children but hope to have some soon. I have planned to have further surgery which I may or may not need after having children. I don't really mind the prospect of further surgery, I just make sure I always save money towards it.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rockyk12 30th September 2012, 7:08 pm

wow didnt know they could do that, i have seen it on tv (DR90210) where people get extra fat taken from somewhere and put into their bum, but it would take a good lot of fat to get the size of boobs i want so i can rule it out! lol xx
rockyk12
rockyk12
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 491

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 30th September 2012, 7:18 pm

how much of a difference is your asymmetry? and are you looking to just correct it or increase your size aswell? I looked into it a few years ago and was told its only really effective to increase by 1 or 2 cup sizes so if you're looking for a bigger increase i'd stick with implants. Also, from what i'm aware it's too much of a new procedure to conclusively say whether it increases the risk of breast cancer but i know some hospitals are using it to rebuild the breasts of women who have had mammoplastys so i wouldn't have thought they'd use it if they did seriously think it could re-case their breast cancer. If you feel implants if the right decision for you then go for it hun :) xxxx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 30th September 2012, 7:41 pm

I've got to be honest I would trust the implants more as they are tried and tested. Yes you may need a reop in the future but even if you have fat transfer you may find u are not happy with your boobs post children anyway as they may loose fullnes and sag making you want further surgery anyway! I just think it needs a bit more time before its a viable procedure.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by smile! 1st October 2012, 10:36 am

Thanks for your replies! Ah I didn't know it only increases your size by 1 or 2 cup sizes! I'm definitely going to stick with implants, the fact it's a new procedure did worry me initially and that's why I said no. So think I'm best sticking with my gut! I suppose needing surgery in future just means I'll always have nice boobs :) haha xxx
smile!
smile!
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 1st October 2012, 10:51 am

Love your avatar by the way smile!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899