Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties

+3
mrsball
Mummy me
COOKIE
7 posters

Go down

Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties Empty Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2012, 5:08 pm

Here I go again.... Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 2661777810

So now I know my re-op is going ahead all the anxieties that I feltbefore I had my first re-op have come back again.

I know I NEED this re-op, my scars are really bad and they need sorting, this is logical and I KNOW that this is the right thing to do...

Then I have that feeling that I know at least some needing a re-op gets..'do I really need this?' Should I put myself through 'another surgery' my heads working overtime thinking of all kinds of reasons not to go ahead, when realistically it needs to go ahead! Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 2238686527

Come on re-op ladies, share with me!!! Tell me I'm not going bonkers and this is the right thing to do Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 321562
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties Empty Re: Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties

Post by Mummy me 14th September 2012, 6:01 pm

Cookie I haven't been in the unfortunate position as you and many others needing a reop, however all your feelings are very natural. As I was waiting to go to Theatre I was there thinking why am I doing this do I really need to. It's understandle that you are questioning yourself especially as you have had complications with your other BA's but if you really didn't feel that you needed to go through with your reop then you wouldn't have fault ( and rightly so ) so hard with Transform for it. Your previous experiences are bound to make you apprehensive and nervous but you will be fine and so much happier once they are done. You haven't got too long to wait now by the sounds of it as they seem to be going at superspeed now finally so hopefully you can enjoy the build up and not be questioning yourself constantly, you are doing the right thing for you Cookie and you deserve it xx
Mummy me
Mummy me
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post by Mummy me 14th September 2012, 6:04 pm

Oh and you wanted us to tell you so ....... IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO xx
Mummy me
Mummy me
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th September 2012, 6:06 pm

Hun I'm going through exactly the same before my most recent ba I was really excited and wanting it done. I have my re op booked for 4th October for pocket revision to fix the bottomed out implant. This time I'm nervous not looking foward to it even though I know it will fix the problem! I'm looking at my boobs and obviously my lefty doesn't look exactly like my righty and I want and NEED iit fixed but then I think oh actually is it ok (no I know it's not it HAS bottomed out!) can I live with it really ( no NOT really it does look and feel so different) .... I suppose we feel like this because it's a problem that we didn't ask for that NEEDS fixing were not 'happy' with having another op if that makes sense. Don't get wrong I'm happy I will end up having boobs to be proud of its just the complications we've gone through to get that end result.

Cookie you need this and are entitled to have boobs to be proud of... I'm sure 6 months down the line you'll be wondering why you were ever worrying and wouldnt look back... ! Here's to third time lucky!! Give You x

mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 14th September 2012, 6:20 pm

It is the RIGHT thing to do hun xx You have wanted this for so long xx

I was apprehensive as well, but you know it was something I had to have done xx

You'll be fine and we'll be here for you Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by supersteph7 14th September 2012, 8:13 pm

I can totally understand your apprehension about revision surgery, I felt exactly the same. I even questioned if it was all in my head and that my boobies weren't actually that bad. (They was!!!)

From my own personal experience I felt a certain degree of guilt for cosidering putting myself through another "unnecessary" surgery. When I had my rational head on again tho I tried to remember that it wasn't unnecessary and I deserved to feel happy and confident with my body which in turn has implications on all other aspects of your life.

And so I had it done and it wasn't half as bad as id anticipated, and now all is going okay with a few bumps and scrapes along the way.
Good luck, you will be fine and at the end of it you'll have perfect new Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 156694
supersteph7
supersteph7
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by supersteph7 14th September 2012, 8:14 pm

* Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 869500 considering*
supersteph7
supersteph7
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th September 2012, 8:42 pm

Supersteph, how did they correct your bottomed out implants? Mine is a pocket revision he will push implant up and sew internally the pocket at the bottom to close it a bit more. Is this how yours was done?? X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by supersteph7 14th September 2012, 8:56 pm

Hye Mrs Ball, Yes thats the same as what my surgeon did to mine. He also exchanged implants when he was in there and "cut out" the pre-exsisting scar. Don't know if this is common-place but he said that healing on top of scar tissue is not that great. I'm 3 weeks post revision and fingers crossed its holding.

Have you booked yours?X
supersteph7
supersteph7
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 15th September 2012, 6:30 am

Yes I'm booked in for re op on left boob only as my right hasn't done it! On the 4th October x thanks hunny. :) x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th September 2012, 9:41 am

Thanks girls Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 571992

I've woken feeling much better about it today... Had a bit of a tough time personally of late and then when Transform hit the yes button, it suddenly all started happening so quickly, I think I was in a bit of shock! LOL

Feeling much more positive today. need to speak to Mr Persico though... On my right nipple, the scar is like an inch thick over the top, so more than inch is going to need to be cut away... now, thinking logically, this is going to then lift my nipple isn't it, so a. will my nipples then be out of line with one another? and b. because my nipple are pretty central on my boobs they are just about covered in a bra, so if lifted higher they'd be visible over a bra and.... hmmmm... would I also look like I've bottomed them?

I've already written my concerns for Mr Persico... This is the thing about revision isn't it girls, you have to think beyond what the actual problem is and what secondary problems could possibly come from having it done....

My head is clear now though. I know exactly what I want, what I'm going to say and how I'm going to get it!!!! haha! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 17th September 2012, 5:18 pm

Pleased your feeling better about your reop hun xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieW 24th September 2012, 2:34 pm

Hello Ladies,

I am booked to have a re-op on 05th October. I'm also having pocket revision and new implants put in (same size etc); my implants were placed too low down on my first BA with left me with a double bubble/bottoming out straight away after my op Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 683465 . I'm nervous but also excited to have it done.

My op sounds very simular to Mrsball they are going to push my implants up and tighten the pocket. Although I have been told by my PS that its not as painfull/uncomfortable as the original BA??? Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 267328

Question about external scars - They enter through the existing scar, do they cut the old scar away when they stitch us back up?

xx
SuzieW
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 262

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th September 2012, 3:34 pm

Sorry to read you too are having a re-op Suzie Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 571992

Yes, they'll cut all of the old scar tissue away from the scar you have now, this will leave fresh tissue for them to create a new scar. It will be just as neat as your first Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieW 24th September 2012, 3:37 pm

Hi Cookie,

Thank you for answering my question. Im quite glad will have new scars as my old ones still look very red and angry after a year. When is your re-op?

Do you think the pain/discomfort will be as bad or worse?

xx
SuzieW
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th September 2012, 3:44 pm

I've just been given my date today. It's the 12th of November Suzie.

I really can't say whether you'll have more pain this time hun... If your surgeon says you shouldn't expect to have too much pain then you should be fine, the pockets are already there, they just have to be tightened don't they along with replacement implants and your skin has already been stretched so you shouldn't have any of the discomfort that you had last time.

When I had my first re-op I had quite extensive surgery and was pre-warned by my surgeon that it wasn't going to be pleasant, but I knew it wouldn't be forever and just took things a day at a time. I used my diary here to vent every day whenever I felt the need to get something off my chest (no pun intended lol)

You'll be OK lovely. Don't worry. Ridiculous Re-op Anxieties 571992xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 24th September 2012, 5:55 pm

Aww suzie sorry to hear you have the same problem. it's a bit gutting tht it has to be done again.. Isn't it? Are you having one or both done? I'm only having lefty done... My surgeon said it shouldn't be as painful recovery etc. ESP as mines only one side. But I know I still won be able to do much as I will need that internal pocket to stay firmly closed and heal! Xx I'm having mine one day before you ! X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieW 24th September 2012, 10:02 pm

Cookie - that's great you have a date, and it will be here in no time at all. I agree this is a great place to get things off ur chest and get reassurance and kind words from girlies going through the same thing Hug
Mrsball - I am gutted, you always think am I going to be the unlucky one that something goes wrong - but never think it will actually be true nope
I have to have both mine done, and have to wear a tight sports bra for 6 weeks after. The surgery sounds scary with internal pockets and stitches, bet ur glad it's only one side. You having time off work? You can tell me how it all feels being the day before me. xx
SuzieW
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down