Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what implant size should I go? what company? mya?

+4
Lian
cazalino
COOKIE
joannalx
8 posters

Go down

what implant size should I go? what company? mya? Empty what implant size should I go? what company? mya?

Post by joannalx 16th August 2012, 6:33 pm

Hi, it's been some time now and I have been researching for about a year on breast enlargement. I've got a consultation on tuesday with MYA in a Liverpool clinic and I am going to book one with transform aswell. Does anyone know what company/ surgeons are known to be the best?

Also! I don't know which size implants to go for. I really want a natural look, I don't want to have huge balloons on my chest! I'm 18 years old (yes I'm young, I know!) and I'm 5ft 7, weighing 9 st 6. I, pretty in proportion and if I was to get implants they are for my own reasons as to having my beautiful daughter and self confidence issues,not because I simply want to 'impress people'. I'm currently at a 36a and they are quite flat from breast feeding. I was thinking going to a C or d cup! But I honestly don't know.

Someone help?
joannalx
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 24

Back to top Go down

what implant size should I go? what company? mya? Empty Re: what implant size should I go? what company? mya?

Post by COOKIE 16th August 2012, 6:47 pm

You don't need to explain your decision to have a BA here Joanna what implant size should I go? what company? mya? 48411

Welcome to Breast Buddies what implant size should I go? what company? mya? 399357

Your size of implant is best left for your surgeon to decide hun. Being prepared for your consultations will help you so much to get your perfect boobs!

Taking in pictures of the size and shape boobs you like, preferably looking for women with the same body type as yourself to get the most realistic idea of what you might achieve will help both your surgeon and yourself when discussing the 'look' you're wanting. Surgeons don't work in cup sizes, they work in volume (CCs) so having a visual for you both to talk over will help you both decide. Nuts mens magazine or gossip columns with pics of celebs in bikinis is a good place to look for boobie pics.

We also have a consultation notebook here for you to print off and use in the 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum hun, it's filled with every question you could think of to help you when making the decision of which clinic/surgeon you wish to have your surgery with.

Dont forget to check out your surgeons qualifications on the GMC register and if you'd prefer to have a BAAPs/BAPRAS surgeon, then do ensure your surgeon is on those registers.

Lastly, be sure to check the after care offered Joanna. This is important. There is no guarantee when having a BA that you won't have any complications afterwards, no matter how good the surgeon, so having after-care to cover you should you be unlucky will be very helpful to you.

Good luck at your consultation babe. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

what implant size should I go? what company? mya? Empty Re: what implant size should I go? what company? mya?

Post by COOKIE 16th August 2012, 6:59 pm

Just to add Joanna. Never book on the day! no matter how excited you might feel babe and it's best to always give yourself time to digest what was suggested for your surgery plan. See a few surgeons so you have a couple of plans to compare and to see which clinic/surgeon you felt most comfortable with and then make a second consultation with the surgeon of your choice to go through everything again. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 16th August 2012, 7:05 pm

As cookie said you should have a look a celebs and see what kind of look you are aiming for and take some pics with you to show the surgeon what your looking for.
I can recommend transform, I have used them twice. Good luck xx
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 16th August 2012, 7:09 pm

Btw if you can afford to gave your boobs done at 18 then go for it. Some women wait until they are 30-40 and wish they had done it sooner as its the best thing they have ever done. Xx
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 16th August 2012, 7:11 pm

Hi Joanna. I went to both mya and transform in Liverpool.

I found the consultation with mya the better of the two, but I knew I wanted Paul Clarke, after researching, who is with Transform.

Mya - cost £4100 for BA
Transform - £3695 for BA

Try googling 'abbey pines' which is the Transform hospital you will go to (ps if you do go with Transform everybody I have come across including people who work there will tell you Paul Clarke is the best surgeon they have. My dad knows someone that works for transform in Sheffield and she said it, also my nurse when I went to get my dressings off said that she always knows when it's him that she will have no problems. Although it has to be based on personal preference). And I think the nearest mya clinic is in Manchester too, they also have one in Preston from what I remember.

Google and see what you come up with. The surgeon should be your deciding factor.
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

Back to top Go down

Post by Lian 16th August 2012, 7:15 pm

Also, don't be afraid to ask for a discount. I got £200 off mine just for saying I'd read forums and I was looking at a budget of £3500 based upon that, so that's what I got.

AND, the transform Liverpool clinic tried to tell me I couldn't have Paul
Clarke, I found out this was because she would have to pass me on to a collegie in Manchester. So if you have a surgeon in mind and you are struggling to get him/her don't be afraid to bipas your consultant if needed x
Lian
Lian
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 581

Back to top Go down

Post by joannalx 16th August 2012, 10:24 pm

Thanks for all the help! ive currently been googling for the past 3 hours literally! Im not going to rush in to anything as its alot of money and its a serious procedure so I will make sure ive ran through everything before i book it! :) so grateful for the replies xx
joannalx
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 16th August 2012, 10:43 pm

As always the girls have given you great advice! My advice would be to look at surgeons within a company rather than the company itself - after all they are the ones that are going to be doing "the magic!"

Find someone that's highly recommended, has a high satisfaction rating and has all the right qualifications. Worrying about which company they work for can come later

Once you've got your shortlist go to as many consultations as you can - you'll know when you've found the right surgeon for you! Sounds silly but its true! You'll know when you've found someone you can trust and someone that just "gets" what you're want to achieve from the op. what implant size should I go? what company? mya? 321562
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by katsrj86 17th August 2012, 7:06 pm

Yeah defo barter with them! Transform said mine would be £4,600 for naturelle but i said my sister paid £3,950 a few years ago, thought id get a few hundred off but they price matched!! So defo worth haggling! xx
katsrj86
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 18th August 2012, 9:20 am

I went to see a few surgeons hun, and decided that the surgeons qualifications and reputation were far more important to me than price. I chose a surgeon who is BAAPS and BAPRAS qualified, who also does reconstructive surgery in the NHS. I saw two surgeons that fit the bill for this, then chose the one who I felt most comfortable with, he spent an hour and 10 mins with me, I tried tonnes of implants on for size, had pen all over me! Ha but a really good understanding of what I could achieve.

It's really important not just to believe all the sales pitch crap that patient care co-ordinators (who you will see at your first consultation Transform and Mya)
And if you have a consult at Harley Medical Group they gave a nurse who is paid to do the same thing, and damnnn she knows how to put the pressure on!

Anyway I also live in Merseyside so some of the places I went to you may consider, so feel free to ask me about them!xxx
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by joannalx 18th August 2012, 9:48 am

Yeah I am honestly more bothered about the surgeon and qualifications etc, but obviously its always some sort of bonus if you can manage to get money off too, even though I don't think cosmetic surgery should work like that, its just the way it works I suppose. What surgeons did you go with? And how would I find outt their qualifications and repulation? I've been told about the BAAPS website and that's where I should look at surgeons qualifications etc, but I've not had time to find it on the website haha! Xx
joannalx
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 18th August 2012, 10:05 am

I agree with you totally Wishful that cost should be right at the bottom of priorities when choosing the person who is going to change your life!

I was so naive when I had my first surgery and have found out so much since then about the cosmetic 'business' and none of should trust anyone without checking everything.

Yesterday it was all over the news about bargain surgeries being stopped because of naive women being drawn in without thinking about any possible consequences. A BA is a big deal and we all want to get it right don't we, so do put surgeons before cost, it may be that you have to spend a little more now, but in the long run, you may well find it a lot cheaper because you won't have to shell more for possible complications from not doing your homework.

If anyone os interested you can read the article about cowboy surgery [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 18th August 2012, 1:02 pm

Hun if you speak to the clinics you can find put which surgeons work for them, that's what I did. Then I looked into them online, had a look at their profiles for which qualifications they had then checked that against the relevant websites. I also checked forums for any 'horror stories'! Ha.
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 18th August 2012, 1:29 pm

Although make sure you look further than just the commercial clinics...MyBreast and Sthetix weren't on my radar at first, but when I came on here I made sure I looked at them and ended up going with Mr Alvi at Sthetix in the end!x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by joannalx 18th August 2012, 3:57 pm

Thanks for the advice! How was mr alvi? Just looking into them now! Xx
joannalx
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 18th August 2012, 4:27 pm

Fantastic!! Don't have enough good things to say about him. The other reconstructive surgeon I saw suggested a very similar surgery plan but Mr Alvi seemed to understand that I needed details! Ha plus when I had a wobble 3 weeks post op (nothing serious, just some liquid in the breast) he brought me in straight away just to put my mind and rest. (liquid has all gone now, just as he said it would!)
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by joannalx 18th August 2012, 4:34 pm

Sounds great! Still can't seem to find any pictures of celebs or people that have there boobs out for me to actually find someone with the kind of results I'm looking for, there's tons but no matter what I search it never seems to be the right thing :/ haha xx
joannalx
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 18th August 2012, 5:35 pm

Ha I struggled with that too, although there is an American boob site that had loads of images on, and it helps that there's a search section so you can look for people the same build etc But not sure I can post the link on here? I'll pm
You x
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by joannalx 18th August 2012, 11:54 pm

Such a great website thanks for sending it to me! It's given me a much better idea on what size! Have my consultation with mya on Tuesday and ringing up to book one with transform tomorrow! I can't wait! Just thinking about aftercare choices now hmm. Anyone got any good/bad aftercare experiences? Xx
joannalx
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful 19th August 2012, 7:50 am

Ha well you may want to read Cookie's story, and Kay's. Xxx
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Pammie85 19th August 2012, 8:15 am

I wish i had shopped around really but when i decided i could do it i just went for it!! I would def go to as many places as you can and get prices and opinions. Good luck xxx
Pammie85
Pammie85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 808

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down