Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What size implant??

+4
sarahdawn31
Puffle
jamie
Loubyroo
8 posters

Go down

What size implant?? Empty What size implant??

Post by Loubyroo 26th October 2010, 9:45 pm

Hello everyone!

I am sorry to ask the same question that has been asked billions of times already but I am just after a little guidence.

I am 5'10 and 10st size 12 and currently a 34" chest small B, ideally I would like to be a D/DD as I think this would best suit my frame (I have quite broad shoulders) but would like to keep the results as natural as possible.

My surgery is booked at Transfrom Abbey Pines Manchester with Mr Giovinazzo who recommends 340cc / 380cc unders, I am tempted towards the 380cc as I have read about unders giving less results than when you try the implant pre-op.

If anyone is a similar build and can offer any advise I would be extreamly grateful!!

Thanks
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

What size implant?? Empty Re: What size implant??

Post by jamie 26th October 2010, 10:02 pm

How exciting!!
I know there is a stats list on here some where, where every body posts their stats pre BA and post BA! that can give you an idea.

good luck x
jamie
jamie
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffle 26th October 2010, 10:06 pm

Hi there, I'm a similar build and height - waiting for my consultation on Monday so I'll let you know what advice I get if you like?
Puffle
Puffle
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 27th October 2010, 7:09 am

Hi there,

I am 5'10" and weigh 70kg (11st I think) and I am broad as I have an athletic frame... and I just had 540cc implants (partial unders)
I also had a lollipop lift so I dont know how much difference that makes for the size but I feel they are perfect on my frame infact I feel I could have gone even bigger!

Its hard when u look at pics because a small implant on a small lady can look huge... so my best advice is show pics to your ps so he can see the "look" you want and they are usually a good judge and we have to trust them.

Definately being taller and broader can allow for us to hold a bigger implant.

What profile implant did your ps suggest?
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 27th October 2010, 7:56 am

hi i had 410 im size 8 i ended up 32f but look a big dd/e why cant u have overs if ur a small b i was a very small b and had overs?
xxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th October 2010, 8:08 am

natalia wrote:why cant u have overs if ur a small b i was a very small b and had overs?
xxx

Having the same cup size as another women doesn't necessarily mean you'll also have the same amount of body fat or the same amount of breast tissue. It's possible Loubyroos surgeon doesn't feel she has enough of one or both to accomodate the implant over the muscle whereby yours did babe. xx

Loubyroo - Having unders doesn't guarantee you'll lose a percentage of your resulting size hun, there are women on this forum who have had re-op taking them from unders to overs and have remained the exact same cup size and then there are others who also changed placement and did increase bust size. It's all down to your unique anatomy babe, you only have to read the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here to see the differening sizes women get even from having the same size implant, placement along with sharing the same stats to see that sizing is such a minefield and one if you are at all unsure about should be further discussing with your surgeon sweetness. xxx

Last edited by cookie on 27th October 2010, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Loubyroo 27th October 2010, 11:34 am

Thanks for your replies, I am still a little unsure why I am having unders as I do have enough Brest tissue it is simply my surgeons preference he feels I will get a better result with unders and also feels there are less post op complications. I do trust my surgeon (Mr Giovinazzo) and from what I have read think I would prefer unders anyway.
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th October 2010, 11:41 am

I'd be a little dubious of a surgeon who insisted on only one placement babe as what is right for one lady, isn't necessarily right for another and choosing the wrong placement for you could cause complications!

Here's what James McDiarmid, the BAAPs reg surgeon who helps answering our questions here says on this subject.

There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all approach in breast augmentation.

I see examples of work from clinics where they almost exclusively go behind the muscle and vice-versa.
The truth here is that the most important choices in breast augmentation (size, shape, pocket and incision) should be tailored for each individual patient.

Clinics who do exclusively subglandular BA will produce a proportion of patients who have visible rippling, implant edge visibility and palpability issues.

Clinics who do exclusively submuscular (or dual plane) BA will produce a proportion of patients with double-bubble deformity - if not immediately then quite possibly over the first 10 years postop as the implant sticks high up and the breast gland droops with age/pregnancy/weight loss.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 27th October 2010, 12:12 pm

I'd be a little dubious of a surgeon who insisted on only one placement babe as what is right for one lady, isn't necessarily right for another and choosing the wrong placement for you could cause complications!

agree with this to as we are all very diff did u shop around get other surgeons opinions???
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by Loubyroo 27th October 2010, 8:12 pm

It was only after he had examined me that he recommended unders...blimey I am confused again now shrug I was going to speak to a few different surgeons but really liked Mr G so thought I would be confusing matters if I did...think I might rethink now though, can't hurt can it :good:
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 27th October 2010, 9:03 pm

I saw a surgeon who preferred to do unders and tried to steer me this way as she said they gave the best result but I wanted overs so I shopped around. I was supposed to see 4 surgeons but decided on my 3rd consult that I was happy with that one. If you are happy with the surgeon and happy having unders then trust your judgement if you have doubts get another opinion you are right it can't hurt x
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by Loubyroo 27th October 2010, 9:08 pm

Thanks Peachy34, I have been researching "double bubble" and hopefully don't think I have to worry too much about it, it appears to only really be a concern if your boobs are on the saggy side and I am pleased to say mine are actually quite pert, small but pert :thumbs:
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Decisions 27th October 2010, 11:15 pm

Dont worry hun, my surgeon prefers to do unders and that is what he recommended for me so I trusted his judgment  if you are comfortable with the surgeon then go with what he recommends! Everyone is different so just talk it over with him if you need reassurance xx
Decisions
Decisions
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Loubyroo 31st October 2010, 7:59 am

After speaking with my PS I decided that I am defiantly happy with Nr G as my surgeon and also having unders, I do think they will give me the best result.

I have also reached a monumental decision, since buying my 36dd sports bra's in preperation for my op and several 'fashion shows' with my rice balls, I am 100% settled on 410cc dance

Just can't wait until 15th December now!!!!
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Decisions 31st October 2010, 8:11 am

Oh thats good news hun! I am sure you will be more than happy with the result, once I spoke with my surgeon I was very happy with having unders too (I was expecting it to be more painful so that was a bonus!)
Now all you need to think about is the count-down :)
Decisions
Decisions
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahdawn31 31st October 2010, 8:42 am

I think u will b very happy with your decision! And u will have your new boobies for Christmas... Woo hoo!
sarahdawn31
sarahdawn31
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1575

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down