Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teardrop or Round?

5 posters

Go down

Teardrop or Round? Empty Teardrop or Round?

Post by sweetcakelemon 28th July 2012, 8:30 pm

hello,

Ive been looking into breast enlargment for a year because i really want to get it right. Im now stuck i really like the teardrop shape but ive heard they have a tendency to move so im conidering the round shape. Please help im completly stuck any help will be really appriciated xx
sweetcakelemon
sweetcakelemon
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Teardrop or Round? Empty Re: Teardrop or Round?

Post by mariaelaina 28th July 2012, 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forum! Teardrop or Round? 773440

What size are you now hun? Teardrops are only usually recommended if you have very little natural breast tissue. Have you had a consultation?
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 28th July 2012, 9:59 pm

I went to 6 surgeon, only 1 surgeon recommended me teardrops...
What have the surgeon/s offered you so far? xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcakelemon 28th July 2012, 10:32 pm

Thankyou mariaelaina,

At the moment im a 34d and ive had a cosultation with nu cosmetic clinic. They suggested round and Im also a bit fuller bodied so i think round may look better. But im worried that they will look fake and people judge me for my choices. I have made arrangments for another consultation now ive looked into it i just need to decide on shape and im all set. But im really stuck on what i should go for Teardrop or Round? 476424 xx
sweetcakelemon
sweetcakelemon
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcakelemon 28th July 2012, 10:40 pm

Thankyou bouncyDD,

Ive only had one consultation and he recomended round, but i told him id be more comfortable with the teardrop shape. Only i had gone in a tad nieve and didnt know much about what he was talking about. He mentioned that they will look more natural but may move about causing problems he said it only as a warning but it unnerved me. Im also a bit fuller so he said the round will look better.what do you think i should do? xx
sweetcakelemon
sweetcakelemon
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 28th July 2012, 10:53 pm

If you're a 34D I think it's unlikely a surgeon will give you a teardrop implant. They're only really used to create the shape of a breast if you have very little volume naturally. If you have round that doesn't necessarily mean fake-looking. If you're referring to the round, football shaped type compared to a more natural look, this concerns the profile of the implant, not the shape. If you want a natural look you'll probably be recommended a moderate profile implant rather than a high or extra high profile....all of these being different types of round implant. Yes it is that complicated!

Not trying to promote my surgeon here, but he does have some vids on shapes and profiles of implants which makes things really easy to understand. If you've got a few mins then they might be worth a watch.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 28th July 2012, 11:01 pm

If you do watch the vids, when I refer to profile he says projection. Pretty sure its two words for the same thing!
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetcakelemon 28th July 2012, 11:18 pm

Thankyou the videos were really good. im so glad you recommended them i now hae a grasp on how to choose the right shape and size for me.Teardrop or Round? 683328 xx
sweetcakelemon
sweetcakelemon
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 29th July 2012, 8:39 am

Glad I could help! Things will make much more sense after a consultation or sizing as your surgeon will be able to judge what is right for your frame. He sees loads and loads of girls or all different shapes and sizes so will be able to give you the best advice.

If you have other questions or want more advice on this issue then post your topics [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as people probably won't see your question tucked away in the Newbie section. Good luck on your boobie journey! Teardrop or Round? 48411
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 29th July 2012, 8:55 am

I have rounds, moderate profile, I wanted a natural look. My boobs have little upper pole, most of the volume is at the bottom as they heal which is what I asked for. You can get a natural look with round implants. I was a 32c pre op so did have some natural breasts to works with, lol xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 29th July 2012, 12:30 pm

Hi hun, you may find this thread and the pictures helpful

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Teardrop or anatomical implants are made to hold a their shape whereas round implants do not have a shape built into the implant round implants can assume a "teardrop" shape simply by letting gravity exert its effect on the implant. Therefore, regardless of the orientation of the implant, round implants will naturally assume a teardrop shape with gravity. The anatomical implants will hold their shape despite the effects of gravity. If they shift or move in the breast pocket, the breasts can look lopsided or misshaped (sometimes).
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 29th July 2012, 3:25 pm

I think you should go and get a couple of consultations with different surgeons until you find which one you are happy with, thats what I did and its taken me many years to think about it and 1 year to do my research and make my decision on whom to go with.
Dont forget to research your surgeon and to make sure you have a good aftercare! And then you will know when you have choosen the right choice
Good luck huni xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down