Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help!

+3
Blueeyedsoul13
jenniferrf1
rachaela91
7 posters

Go down

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help! Empty First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help!

Post by rachaela91 7th December 2013, 11:58 am

So glad to have found a boobie support forum leading up to surgery for help with all my questions & concerns!!! yahoo 

My surgery is booked for January the 6th 2014 and i am SO SO excited!!

I have chosen 450cc implants, under the muscle but do not know what to choose when it comes to implant shape. I would prefer a more natural look over a very round look that would make it very obvious that i have had a breast augmentation. I have a very small frame and am worried that 450cc, high profile implants will look like big round balls on my chest as apposed the the "gentle slope" and more natural appearance of tear drop implants.

As i'm reading into it i've realised that there is chances of the implant rotating or rippling because of the textured shell of the implant and some girls boobs can look very uneven if the implant moves in the slightest.

I would love to hear anyones opinions with round or teardrop implants and what made them choose that for a natural look and if they were happy with their decision post op & after the dropping/fluffing stages.

While i'm here too if there are any fellow Aussies (I haven't found any yet) Let me know!!!

Thanks Dolls thank you
rachaela91
rachaela91
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help! Empty Re: First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help!

Post by jenniferrf1 7th December 2013, 12:03 pm

If you look at our pictures you can't tell who had rounds or who has teardrops... It's a myth that rounds do not have a natural look... Many of us have rounds and teardrops are mainly used if you have very little breast tissue.. It's not a choice we have it's based on what the surgeon tells you is best for you.

Implant rotation isn't to do with the textured shell, texture actually helps the implant adhere to the pocket... Rotation is normally down to the pocket being too large for the implant so surgeon error or if you already have quite big boobs and the implant will therefore have more room to move...

I have round implants and like other women a very natural look!

Hope you enjoy the forum x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help! Empty Re: First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help!

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 7th December 2013, 12:08 pm

Welcome to the forum hun!! welcome2 

it really is a wonderful place here and the girls are all so helpful and supportive, you will love it! Smike 

congrats on booking hun! have you discussed sizing etc with your surgeon? i'm assuming you made the decision on size together.
this specific size will already relate to either a round or anatomical shape of course, but no reason why you can't still change your mind till january of course.

its really just personal preference hun but one thing to keep in mind, is that even round implants will have a natural look to them once they have fully dropped.

our wonderful admin Cookie has a great picture that shows both implant types in an xray image and they look very similar.

what determines your look afterwards (natural vs fake) isn't so much the implant shape but more the size and profile you choose for 'your' body.
if it is a size that will put you in proportion with the rest of your body and not make you too top heavy (if this is the look you're after of course), then there is no reason why rounds can't look natural too.

i personally have rounds under the muscle and chose quite a small implant size because i was scared going from nothing to too much. mine look very natural i find!

i also chose rounds to eliminate the risk of them rotating. its not a big risk but for me it was just one less thing to worry about.

i'm sure more girls will be along to give their opinions soon, but in the meantime do read other threads and ask away all you need, there's always someone here to help! :)

x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th December 2013, 5:31 pm

Although teardrop implants can be used by choice, if you have enough breast tissue or muscle coverage then a round implant will give you a nice natural look. Generally, they're best for very think women with little or no breast tissue or those who may be rather Boney up top because of the ability to be hidden better under the skin for those women. 

I've shown my pics before but they've been helpful in previous posts so hopefully will help you too.

If you look at my avatar picture my breasts look quite large and full. This isn't actually down to my breasts though... Its the choice of bra that gives me this look

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help! 9fd53cf0baee65067198828c83601e93_zps57fd7e96

If I change to a bra to give a more natural appearance, I can achieve that also

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help! Aa013f64c0b3269d81ec348734ed58bf_zps6504d724

And as you can see from a side Angle, I have a perfectly natural slope to the breast 

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help! D5a0386b166b5e727945063089022dc1_zps02409fdd

I have round implants. And I hope as you've seen, they can give a very natural result. But if I want to... I can create a pretty full shape, just in the change if a bra! So I kinda have the best of both worlds (if I want to)

With the tear drops, as you've mentioned there is a risk of rotation with 'textured' anatomicals and this would be discussed with you if they were your choice of implant...however, advancements in breast implants have introduce a polyurethane breast implants which you can also get in an anatomical shape if this would be what you'd like. Now, a polyeurothane implant differs from textured in the way that a textured implant is placed to drop and settle into a breast pocket and over time the texture of the implant adheres to that pocket, with a polyeurothane implant, this implant is positioned in the exact position the surgeon wants it to be placed, the surgeon does need to have been trained to place these implants because it does take great skill. But once placed the covering of the implant which is furry (they're nicknamed 'furry Brazillians') immediately attaches and embeds itself into the breast tissue so once its position there's no chance at all of rotation. The other benefit of the polyeurothane is that they have the lowest risk of all implants of capsular contracture and they come in both rounds and anatomicals.

As Blue said, the pic below is one showing an X-ray of both a round and an anatomical implant once settled in the breast

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help! 472dc3b4b5b3f8b485973dddabe83d78_zpsf30d0bb0

As you can see... There's absolutely no difference at all in shape after settling. A round implant will always due to gravity fall naturally into an anatomical shape inside the breast.

The only 'round' breasts you will see from a round implant is on those women who have opted for that look. They will have a size of implant that is out of proportion to their body, so the skin and muscle if the woman has partials will be so tight surrounding the implant that it has no room to fall and drop to an anatomical shape.

So... If you were to choose a round implant, as long as the dimentions are in proportion to your body then as Jen said, you only have to look at the avatars here and you'd never guess who had what to see that you can and do achieve a very nice natural result from either shaped implant. 

But its always best to discuss the options with your surgeon and see what they feel is the best for you body shape to help you achieve the look you're hoping for. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by littlemissnewboobs00 7th December 2013, 7:36 pm

Hi there! I has teardrops / anatomicals as my (very skilled and respected) surgeon recommended them as I have very little breast tissue both in my breast and above ok my vest which is quite bony so rounds may have been almost visible under my skin. I had sub muscular (upper part) and they also helped to move my nipple upwards so it was less droopy as I had some sagging (post two breast fed babies!). He moved te breast crease fractionally lower too to make them more pert without the need for a lift! He is a genius!
So yes I am a massive fan of anatomicals. Risks of rotation etc is so low and actually once place under muscle and with a rough surface the risk of cc is less too
Good luck wih chosing, but as others have said I would feel that your surgeon should have a strong opinion on the matter. X
littlemissnewboobs00
littlemissnewboobs00
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 7th December 2013, 8:06 pm

Hey, 

At both my consultations and surgeon didn't say anything, I thought I was having teardrop implants but after op looking through my discharge paperwork the warranty card gave me the model number of the implants so matched it with the catalogue and discovered I had rounds. 

Don't get me wrong I love my implants but was surprised!!!!
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by RexieP 7th December 2013, 9:11 pm

Hi congrats on your upcoming op! I had anatomicals overs in my forst BA. I had had two children and used to have large breasts but after the kids I had empty sacks where my DDs used to be. I had a third child in 2012 and found that pocket on my left stretched somewhat as my chest grew through pregnancy and this resulted in rotation in my left breast. It was quite severe to the point that I couldnt rest anything against my chest, go without a bra even to bed ot lean forward without my implant rotating.  Because of the shape of the implant it looked very deformed when it rotated and was a little uncomfortable. It was very easy to manipulate back by hand but it becamr very annoying and embarrassing when in public! I now have round partial unders and am 4 weeks post reop. Please note that I was very much the minority for suffering such issues and it wss due to the significant growth during my pregnancy. I loved my anatomicals they were beautifully natural looking and looked just like they did before my kids. However I changed to rounds as it was likely I would suffer the same problem again. I also went from 360cc to 605cc to fill the extra space created from a third baby. I would recommend either, the risk of rotation is lpw but you should be aware of it. It didn't hurt to manipulate it but it did turn my stomach and panic me a bit the first few times it happened! You need to go with what you are comfy with. My round unders look no less natural than my anatomicals did, despite being bigger. You couldn't be in a better place though, these women on here are fantastic and such a wealth of knowledge and experience xx
RexieP
RexieP
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post by rachaela91 11th December 2013, 11:09 am

COOKIE wrote:Although teardrop implants can be used by choice, if you have enough breast tissue or muscle coverage then a round implant will give you a nice natural look. Generally, they're best for very think women with little or no breast tissue or those who may be rather Boney up top because of the ability to be hidden better under the skin for those women. 

As Blue said, the pic below is one showing an X-ray of both a round and an anatomical implant once settled in the breast

First Post!! Round vs teardrop implant.. help! 472dc3b4b5b3f8b485973dddabe83d78_zpsf30d0bb0

I should have probably explained a little better in my initial post but the reason i am concerned about going for round implants is because i do want a rather large implant for my boy (not ridiculous) and i am very bony up the top with little breast tissue and no skin stretch whatsoever. I have had people comment all my life on how high my breasts sit and that they have never met anyone who's boobs just sit perfectly in place and don't sag. Its like they just sit there perky and nice & close together yet i am only an b cup.

From pictures i've seen round implants are a lot fuller at the top but that is also the purpose of going for them as the anatomicals create a more gentle slope. As you can see in the x-ray image the round implants all of a sudden come out from the body where as with the second image the skin slopes over the implant and looks like a lot smoother transition. I do agree that round implants can have a very natural appearance too but on girls that do have a bit of room to move with implants and stretchy skin. Under my breasts measures about 64cm and i've never been able to put on weight up top.

So that is why i'm scared about going rounds - my surgeon is leaning more towards round implants but i think i need to discuss my expectations with him further. Or maybe i am stressing out about nothing and he thinks they will be fine   :ok: 

Thank you to everyone who's been commenting it's great to hear all your different experiences and how you have found either implant or what you prefer etc.  :tongues:
rachaela91
rachaela91
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by littlemissnewboobs00 11th December 2013, 12:51 pm

Exactly the reason I went for anatomicals too. Was all skin n bone over my chest so the gentle slope of the anatomicals prevents any "edge" and def makes them look natural. I can just about feel the edge of the anatomical under the muscle on my upper chest and its a nice slope so if it were a round boobie shape it would def look weird.
littlemissnewboobs00
littlemissnewboobs00
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th December 2013, 1:07 pm

I think you've decided what's best for You babe.....you're opting for a large implant and are bony up top, then an anatomical really would be best for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down