Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round implant turned over?!

+5
little miss new boobs
Aurora1979
sparkyleeds
steph999
MrsG
9 posters

Go down

Round implant turned over?! Empty Round implant turned over?!

Post by MrsG 19th January 2012, 8:56 pm

Hello everyone,

I have been searching the net like mad trying to find out if anyone has ever heard/experienced an overturned implant? I have Allergan Natrelles 525cc, which are round and at christmas time I noticed I had some tenderness and hardening of my left breast. Kept an eye on it and it quickly became worst over the course of a week. My whole breast is now hard/firm to touch quite alot of pain now and on the lower left side I have some distortion. I saw my surgeon on monday who thought maybe my implant had flipped over, he did say it was quite rare. He attempted to turn it back by physically manipulating the implant, which was very sore so he stopped. Afterwards he said he thought it may well be a partial capsular contracture (I thought it was anyway) and I have been booked in for a re-op on Feb 8th. He will deal with either problem, which ever it happens to be and its all covered by my aftercare which is brilliant news, but I just wanted to know if anyone had heard of it?!

Thanks in advance,
Rhi xx
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Round implant turned over?! Empty Re: Round implant turned over?!

Post by MrsG 19th January 2012, 8:57 pm

I should add, by turned over I mean the flat side which goes against my chest, now might be facing out rather than the curved side of the implant. xx
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 19th January 2012, 9:36 pm

Awww no, Im no use sorry just want to say im really sorry and hope its sorted out soon xxx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 19th January 2012, 9:51 pm

Hope you get sorted out soon! I didnt know round implants could turn? Good Luck !xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 19th January 2012, 9:57 pm

Thanks for your comments girls :) Sparklyleeds, I have this nagging thing in the back of my head that he is wrong. I have heard of teardrops turning upside down, but to flip it over?! How?? Its just stressing me out, knowing that I won't know what the issue is until I wake up post-op and I don't like this feeling of lack of control.
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by steph999 19th January 2012, 10:04 pm

Sparkly I didnt even recognise you there!!!
xx
steph999
steph999
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 847

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 19th January 2012, 10:26 pm

Try not to worry MrsG!,the surgeon knows his job so your in good hands! Im glad youve got good after care and are not having to pay!xxxSteph its my new avi !Good Luck for tomorrow!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 20th January 2012, 9:55 am

Thank you Sparkyleeds, I have faith in him so just need to relax! I had a dream last night that I was sleeping and woke up to find both my implants had turned over!! Guess its safe to say its playing on my mind!
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 20th January 2012, 11:01 am

One of the surgeons I saw said that round implants can flip, it is rare but can happen and it can be from something as simple as putting your bra on wrong over days/weeks/months and then one day it can flip!

Not saying that he is right, just letting you know what he said.

Apparently doing your bra clasp up in front then twisting the bra round and flipping it over and jiggling your boobs into it is wrong.

Apparently you are supposed to put your arms through the straps, lean forward, cup your breasts in the cups, do the clasp up behind you and there you have it.

I can do the "correct" way in normal bras but not sports ones!
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 20th January 2012, 3:29 pm

Oh eck i always do my bras up at the front !!!!il have to try doing up the proper way from now on !! I cant understand how the implants can flip from doing that though?? Its all very strange !!!!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by little miss new boobs 20th January 2012, 3:37 pm

Oh god hope everythings ok, at least your covered with your aftercare which will take a little weight off your mind

After reading this though im going to have to practice doing my bra up the right way!!

Good Luck x
little miss new boobs
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 176

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 20th January 2012, 4:23 pm

I never knew that either, I guess you learn something new everyday! Need to go and practice that now ;) I had never even thought it was a possibility with round implants, its certainly not something I was ever warned about. Part of me is hoping it is that, as I really don't want it to be CC.

Thanks for the comments girls, much appreciated :) xx
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 20th January 2012, 10:19 pm

Oh no Hun, I've not heard of it before but I guess it is possible. I am rubbish at doing my bra up at the back, always do it at the front and twist it. Find it even harder now. It would be so much easier if all bras hooked up at the front!!

Hope you get it sorted Hun. I see you went with THG and that you live in Devon?! Did you use the Exeter clinic? xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 20th January 2012, 10:24 pm

Hiya jojo6 :) Yes I do, I live in Barnstaple so was dealt with at Exeter. Very handy as my mum lives there, so not too awkward for me. How have you found them? Your op wasn't that long ago, hope all has been good with your recovery xx
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 20th January 2012, 10:33 pm

Hey Hun, ah brilliant, yes very handy! I have found them to be fantastic, so friendly and helpful. I only live a 20 min drive from Exeter so it's easy for me to pop in. Fortunately I've had no problems at all and recovery has been really good. (touch wood!) xxxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 20th January 2012, 10:54 pm

I had one snotty receptionist when I first phoned, she immediately assumed I was ringing about the PIP implants and was abit sniffy with me until I explained what was wrong. Am pleased to here all went well for you, your avi pic looks great :) The drive to Dolan Park was very long but thankfully I had the driver service so that was one less hassle. xx
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kinkyboots33 24th January 2012, 10:03 am

My friend had round implants and one of hers "wrinkled" down, leaving her with a flat part at the top of her boob - she never got any pain frm it though, Iv never heard of a round implant flipping... Round implant turned over?! 267328

good luck with your re-op.
kinkyboots33
kinkyboots33
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 27th January 2012, 2:38 pm

I have in my research read about round implants flipping but as it's so rare then not heard of anyone who has experienced it. Might be the pocket was made too large (like with flipping in anatomicals) I do my bra up wrong everyday lol and can't see how it would make an implant turn. Sounds like surgeon error if it has flipped. Or cc.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsG 27th January 2012, 6:11 pm

Thank you for your replies, I will make sure I update when I have had my op to let you guys know what it was. I got a new bikini today and when I took a progress pic in it, it was so obvious which breast is the one needing a re-op. One looks really soft and natural and the other is horribly round, veiny and very firm looking. Can't wait to have it fixed, wish it was over already. Its nice to have this forum to come to, to know other people understand. My bff thinks I should just have my implants removed, whereas I can't imagine any thing worse at the moment than that! xx
MrsG
MrsG
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 27th January 2012, 8:08 pm

Awww huni sorry to hear this ive never heard of it either but I guess anythings possible and can completely understand why u hope it's this and not cc. Glad it's going to be sorted for you though and jeep us updated. Good luck x
Lauren87
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down