Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Advice Girlies

+3
Rachel09
shiningmoonbeam
neenee
7 posters

Go down

Any Advice Girlies Empty Any Advice Girlies

Post by neenee 24th May 2009, 10:28 pm

Flash Hi Girls

I have got my BA in 10 days time aaarrrgghhhh!!

Has anyone got any advice for me as to what i should be doing in prep for "D" day?

I have started taking arnica.....is this the right time or am i taking this too early? Is there anythin else i should be doing in pre for this?

Also ive been told you cant moisturise before the op, is this right or is it just your boobies you cant moisturise?

all advise is very much appreciated

Many Thanks

Neenee x x x x
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Any Advice Girlies Empty Re: Any Advice Girlies

Post by shiningmoonbeam 24th May 2009, 11:01 pm

I think different clinics advise varying opinions on when to start taking Arnica. From what I can remember MyBreast advised a couple of days before, but then another surgeon that I originally was going to go with said a week before, but I'm sure it wont do any harm to start now.

With regards to moisturising the more you can do the better I would say to make the skin as supple as possible pre-op, although on the actual day of the BA best to keep your skin clear and not use it xxx
shiningmoonbeam
shiningmoonbeam
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 24th May 2009, 11:27 pm

Ohhh I bet you are getting excited!

SMB is right, different clinics advise differently. I was originally going with Transform and was told I could start taking arnica 14 days before, I then changed to MYA who said they dont like you to use it at all, so I stopped!

I agree too, the more you can moisterise the better! Although on the day of the op I was told to have a shower and not moisterise at all x
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 25th May 2009, 7:27 am

I started taking arnica a week before and a week after and genuinely feel it hepled. Also pinapple juice is meant to be really good for the swelling afterwards too. I would aslo moisturise before just so the skin is a little more supple and will stretch more easy, cant hurt, especially as afterwards you probs wont be able to that much.
Bet your getting really excited now too, my advice is to remember to enjoy it cos is comes and goes so quickly hun, good luck, xxxxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 25th May 2009, 9:29 am

I'd start with Bio Oil to prevent stretchmarks now lovely. That's the only thing I wish I;d done differently.

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 25th May 2009, 9:35 am

bio oil is a godsend.....if you're concerned about what to do for prep maybe email or ring your p.c and they can advise you what their surgeon's patients usually do because like everyone has said....it does vary.

Good luck honey...it'll come up sooner than u realise. Just prep your home with soft pillows, easy to reach drinks and comfort food lol!! xx
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 25th May 2009, 3:04 pm

I think the other girls are right. Arnica 30c 4 times daily now is fine, and bio oil or other moisturiser to make the skin more supple should help, It is the day of the op.... no creams, perfume, make up deoderant etc.

One thing I would suggest is to have your underarms waxed... as you cant reach them after...boobs in the way Boobs and arms can ache!! Anything that makes you feel better re: skin/body and hair routine really, makes you feel soo much better and compensates for the 'smelly' days after.... i.e. no shower/hairwash for a few days :evil:

Good luck for your day......it really is soo much easier and enjoyable than you imagine. xxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 25th May 2009, 5:43 pm

Thanks x

Thanks very much girls....im going to buy my bio oil tomoro and every other stretchmark prevention cream on the market and soak myself in it!! ha

im really really nervous Shifty ...ive got a 3 1/2 yr old who's in nursery the day after my op and no help at all.....may have to ask a neighbour to take her for me instead! :sad:
xxxx
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningmoonbeam 25th May 2009, 7:32 pm

neenee wrote:

im really really nervous Shifty ...ive got a 3 1/2 yr old who's in nursery the day after my op and no help at all.....may have to ask a neighbour to take her for me instead! :sad:
xxxx

You'll really need some help with this hun being the day after. If you get your help sorted and arranged now it will save you stressing nearer the time. My little boy went to pre-school 3 days after my BA and I thought I'd walk him there, but was way too tired to do it in the end so roped my mum in to help pick him up.

He goes to nursery as well which is a 10 mile drive away and was too much to manage so I booked holiday for him from nursery for the next week and kept him at home with me as it was easier than taking him, but I guess it depends on how energetic your little one is and whether you think you would be able to rest this way xx
shiningmoonbeam
shiningmoonbeam
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 25th May 2009, 8:27 pm

hi hun....i no i'm guna have to ask a few favours, not many people no about my BA so its hard to ask anyone to help! my daughters nursery is only a few mins from my house, so hopefully i will find someone to take her. she's a livewire so there's noway i could keep her off!! ha

xxxx
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningmoonbeam 25th May 2009, 9:39 pm

It's difficult isn't it, I only really told my mum within the family and my brother wanted to know why she was picking my little boy up and I had to improvise with the old migraine excuse!!

I meant to say as well with moisturising that post-op I have been using Body Shop Hemp body butter on my Flash and it's really fantastic, another great one to try pre-op xx
shiningmoonbeam
shiningmoonbeam
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by neenee 25th May 2009, 10:00 pm

ha good excuse....does he no now?

ooo thanks for that....another item on the things to buy list.

thanks hun x
neenee
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by shiningmoonbeam 26th May 2009, 6:40 am

No he still doesn't know!! Good luck for your big day hun xxx
shiningmoonbeam
shiningmoonbeam
BJSF Addict